Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Image Comics' November 2016 Solicitations: "Chew's" Final Bite, Hickman's New "Frontier"

Layman & Guillory deliver an epic finale for "Chew," Snyder & Lemire examine "After Death," plus Hickman's "Frontier" debuts and more.

Full article here.

Southern Bastards #15
    Deadly Class #24

Although I'll probably be sticking with Seven to Eternity by this point.

On break:

East of West
    Black Science
    Lazarus
    Descender
    Drifter
    LOW
    Manifest Destiny
    Copperhead
    Last edited by cc008; 09-19-2016 at 03:47 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

FRONTIER #1 - GEM OF THE MONTH
    STORY / ART / COVER: JONATHAN HICKMAN
    NOVEMBER 16 / 56 PAGES / FC / M / $4.99
    SERIES PREMIERE
    "TRANQUILITY"
    Double-sized first issue!
    The planets have aligned, and the prodigal son has returned! For the first time in eight years, JONATHAN HICKMAN (EAST OF WEST, BLACK MONDAY MURDERS, Secret Wars, Avengers) is both writing and drawing a new comic series: FRONTIER.
    It's like Star Trek, but super depressing.
    Seriously. Not a joke. The final frontier...is a total bummer.
    You are not a good salesman.

Who wants to bet there's a secret group/cabal, a woman who's covered in a lot of whiteout or heavily inked, and one of the major themes is death?

Mighty Member

Would be nice if Hickman actually, you know, worked on some of his previous stuff before pumping out these new series...

BANNED

East of West is missing again? Damn...

Chew #60 - Finally. Let's put this puppy to bed.
    The Wicked + Divine #23
    Arclight #3 - OMG, I thought this story was abandoned! So pleased! Hurrah!
    Elephantmen #74
    Horizon #5
    No Mercy #11
    Saga #40

One Week In The Library OGN - I'll give it a shot.

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

A light month from Image for me... Just FRONTIER and THE BLACK MONDAY MURDERS.

There are like three or four other things upcoming from Image that I want though, MOTOR CRUSH, PRIMA, and Greg Rucka's THE OLD GUARD immediately come to mind.

I am digging that FRONTIER cover.

I likes.
    Last edited by 100010959493281; 08-23-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Just Snotgirl #5 & Papergirls Vol 2 for me.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Is it just me, or is it . . . strange . . . that this thread is in the "Hellboy" section and not the "Image Comics" part of the forums?

Did the Hellboy franchise get picked up by Image Comics or something?
    I thought it was still part of Dark Horse.

The slow leak out of the Image balloon continues. Only 2 titles for me. SAGA #40 and THIEF OF THIEVES #37.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    FRONTIER #1 - Another Hickman ongoing?! And a sci-fi one at that?! Sweet!!
    VIOLENT LOVE #1 - Like the art style and general idea.
    THE BLACK MONDAY MURDERS #4
    CANNIBAL #2 - Looking forward to this. Buccellato is a great writer, especially on darker stuff.
    ECLIPSE #3 - This is seriously an intersting premise and I hope to God it's good, because I'd like to have more of this setting.
    KILL OR BE KILLED #4 - It was already intriguing, but the demon thing added a layer of genuine creepiness! Go Brubaker!
    OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #23
    SNOTGIRL #5 - First issue was weirdly engaging despite the ******* protagonist and, well, ******* characters in general. Definitely giving this an arc.

Maybe:
    MAYDAY #1 (OF 5) - Premise sounds interesting, but... Idno. Also, limited series.
    CBLDF LIBERTY ANNUAL 2016
    HORIZON #5 - First two issues haven't really grabbed me.
    MECHANISM #5 - First issue didn't really have much besides exposition, and the characters aren't really that interesting.
    MOONSHINE #2 - Depending on first ish.
    REBORN #2 Decided to maybe follow this. Thought it was limited for some reason.
    ROMULUS #2 - Vagueness not helping, since the first issue's solicitation sounded generic af.
    SEVEN TO ETERNITY #3 - Mainly in this for Opena's art, tbh.
    ONE WEEK IN THE LIBRARY OGN - Sounds interesting... anmd really, really artsy. At least art is nice and the preview is intriguing.
    OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA BOOK 1 HC - Seriously, November solicitations are basically just rewarding me for holding off on trades for things. First Waid DD omnibus, then Uncanny Inhumans HC now this
    NAILBITER, VOL. 5: BOUND BY BLOOD TP

Glad Nailbiter is still going! Just started following it in trade and it's great

Um... can I get a PICTURE of the East of West shirt?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

- Pull: Frontier, Black Monday Murders, Invisible Republic, Kill or Be Killed, Nailbiter, Outcast, Saga, Shutter, Thief of Thieves, Walking Dead
    - Trade Wait: AD (of3), Mayday (of5), Cannibal, Moonshine, Reborn (of6), Deadly Class, Demonic (of6), Fix, Glitterbomb, Hadrian's Wall (of8), Horizon, Hunt (finale), Lake of Fire (of5?), Seven To Eternity
    - Skip Month: Bitch Planet, Descender, Lazarus, Manifest Destiny, Ody-C, Paper Girls
    - Skip Month & Trade Wait: Autumnlands, Beauty, Black Road, Black Science, Discipline, Drifter, East of West, Goddamned, Low, Monstress, Sex, Sex Criminals, Sons of the Devil, They're Not Like Us
    - Unknown Return & likely Trade Wait: Black Magick (hiatus until Apr 2017), Chrononauts & Wytches (both further delayed due to All-Star Batman?), Goners, Manhattan Projects (series dead?), Pretty Deadly, Velvet (hiatus until ?)

So many great books coming out from Image at the moment, I'm mostly picking up HC's but there are a few trades I may get too.

Super excited for whatever exactly The Wicked + The Divine's doing this month.

I'm getting that, Cannibal, and Saga. Th One Week in the Library OGN looks interesting too.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Pretty quiet month for me.

Does anyone know if Sex Criminals is ever coming back? Like, ever?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.