Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Wayward #18 and Snotgirl #5 are the only Image Comics I'm definitely planning on buying this November.

Might buy:

Violent Love #1
    Chew #60
    Outcast #23
    Gemini: The Complete Series TP

Looking forward to reading the first story arc of Snotgirl and catching up on Chew to read the finale.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Pretty quiet month for me.

Does anyone know if Sex Criminals is ever coming back? Like, ever?
    I asked Matt exactly this at SDCC...it is coming back...they're getting issues done before soliciting. Note that Matt and Chip are co-writing Recidivist with art by Wu. I asked if that'd impact Sex Criminals, either on his or Chip's part, and he said it wouldn't since its just writing (so ever humble). Btw, super nice guy who took time to speak with every person in line.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    I asked Matt exactly this at SDCC...it is coming back...they're getting issues done before soliciting. Note that Matt and Chip are co-writing Recidivist with art by Wu. I asked if that'd impact Sex Criminals, either on his or Chip's part, and he said it wouldn't since its just writing (so ever humble). Btw, super nice guy who took time to speak with every person in line.
    Awesome!

Thanks so much for the info. And cool to hear that Matt's such a good dude.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    REBORN #2 Decided to maybe follow this. Thought it was limited for some reason.
    It is a limited issue series. I can't remember what this is running for but I want to say 6 to 8 issues. Mark Millar doesn't write monthly's anymore. He writes limited series that serve as pitches for TV and and movies. Most recently Chrononauts and Empress have been picked up for adaptation and I think Reborn is now in talks for an adaptation. Empress is supposed to be 3 mini series consisting of 6 to 7 issues each. Same with Chrononauts, but I don't about Reborn's story length.

A year and a half after getting announced and was supposed to be out last fall, AD finally sees a release date. I really hope the wait has been worth it.

Looks like Invincibles is coming to an end over the next year. This might be a good time to finally check out all the trades.

Has there been an announcement who is drawing Spawn yet? Eric Larsen's collaboration with McFarlane has really screwed with the timing of the release of the book. Between working on Savage Dragon, Spawn, and his new book, it really took a toll on Spawn. All of the books release dates keep getting shifted. (Issue #265 August 31. Issue #266 September 14 (We'll see. Two weeks seems too soon to release two issues.) Issue #267 October 12. Issue #268 November 9. Issue #269 November 30.) The shifting of dates will continue. This book just comes off as a mess and I like Spawn, but everything lately has been such a big shift in the status of quo of the book that it doesn't seem like the same book anymore. I really wish Todd would recognize that all stories need to come to an end and just plan for an end date and finish the book. The last three years have been so crazy for the book creatively both in writing and art.

This is the smallest month of Image books for me in a long, long time. Getting...

AD: After Death #1
    Eclipse #3 (If I like #1)
    Frontier #1 (Willing to give this a shot. I know Hickman's art isn't for everyone, but I love any kind of sci-fi so we'll see if this is good.)
    Hadrian's Wall #3
    Invisible Republic #13
    Mechanism #5
    Outcast #23
    Savage Dragon #220
    Seven To Eternity #3
    Southern Cross #9
    Spawn #269
    Wayward #18

On break/hiatus...

Autumnlands
    Birthtright
    Black Magick
    Black Road (Might drop this when it returns.)
    Black Science
    Copperhead (It's looking like it might be solicited in December or January's solicits!)
    Cry Havoc (Thinking I might drop this when it returns. It's been off 5 months now.)
    Descender
    Drifter
    Dying and the Dead (Ryan Boddenheim keeps saying on Twitter he's continuing to work on pages.)
    East of West
    Eden's Fall (Was this mini only 3 issues?)
    Five Ghosts
    Goddamned (Friggin Jason Aaron. #5 STILL isn't out and gets delayed every week. #5 currently has a release date of September 21.)
    Injection (Wow, it's been off 6 months now)
    Lazarus
    Low
    Manifest Destiny
    Monstress (Not surprised this isn't solicited since the return issue #7 in September got delayed to October 12 and #8 got delayed to November 30.)
    Postal
    Trees
    Velvet (It's gonna be a long wait for it's eventual return.)
    Wytches (Snyder said work on this will begin in the fall I guess.)
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 08-23-2016 at 06:54 PM.

It's a pretty average month for me as far asnumber of titles goes. I do have an abnormal amount of books in their first arc coming out in Nov though....

THE BLACK MONDAY MURDERS #4
    CHEW #60
    DEADLY CLASS #24
    GLITTERBOMB #3
    HORIZON #5
    THE HUNT #5 (of 5)
    KILL OR BE KILLED #4
    LAKE OF FIRE #4
    MOONSHINE #2
    NAILBITER #26
    NO MERCY #11
    REVIVAL #44
    SAGA #40
    SEVEN TO ETERNITY #3
    SHUTTER #24
    SOUTHERN BASTARDS #15
    SURGEON X #3
    THE WALKING DEAD #160
    WAYWARD #18
    THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #23

Nothing in singles.

Trade Waiting:

AD
    Frontier
    Black Monday Murders
    Green Valley

I know the page counts are high but seeing books at 4.99 and 5.99 is just not appealing.

Whither art thou, Stray Bullets?
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

ODY-C OHC, yes please!

I'll check out After Death, Mayday, and probably Violent Love.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Nobody's gonna comment how they're releasing freaking SKATEBOARD DECKS for Tokyo Ghost?!?! That's sick, let me just track down my copy of the Tony Hawk 2 soundtrack!

Arclight returning is also a good thing, Churchland is such a great artist. Also, No Mercy repping once again with another stellar cover.

Yeah would imagine they're taking off longer too this time. For the third (most recent) arc literally every issue was several weeks late. Anyway, you just know they'll have a ton of puns ready for their eventual return.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Nobody's gonna comment how they're releasing freaking SKATEBOARD DECKS for Tokyo Ghost?!?! That's sick, let me just track down my copy of the Tony Hawk 2 soundtrack!
    Skateboards are below me. Rollerblades 4 Lyfe!

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Skateboards are below me. Rollerblades 4 Lyfe!
    That 2000s spelling xD

Thought you were making a glorious pun for a second
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

image.jpgLook what's coming!!

image.jpgLook what's coming!!
    Eek!

Interesting that its not labelled "Vol. 1" though.
    Unless its just early placeholder info...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Eek!

Interesting that its not labelled "Vol. 1" though.
    Unless its just early placeholder info...
    I wondered the same; Brubacker has stated that its going on a long hiatus, and that the last arc presented him challenges in writing. He and Epting have a new project to get announced soon. They do intend to come back to Velvet (I'd imagine a la Brubaker/Phillips' Criminal wherein breaks between major storylines).

Description (beg-Feb release):
    From the best-selling creators of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER comes VELVET, a slick and sexy new take on the cold war spy genre. What if the secretary to the man running the world's most top secret spy agency was actually their most dangerous weapon, once upon a time? VELVET is groundbreaking new work from one of the best-selling teams in comics, and now Velvet Templeton's first major storyline is collected in one oversized deluxe hardback with behind the scenes extras and articles. A must-have for any Brubaker and Epting fan.
    Collects issues 1 - 15.
    Last edited by comicfiend; 08-26-2016 at 05:49 AM.