Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

What did Bruce do in this issue?

And well damn, that's a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    What did Bruce do in this issue?
    He fessed up to Kate that he knew Jacob was leading the Colony from the very beginning, and that part of the reason he contacted her for this whole thing and didn't tell her about Jacob was so she wouldn't potentially warn him first.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    What a twist
    So where did all this talk about Tim's death come from?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    So where did all this talk about Tim's death come from?
    Initially, from Bleeding Cool. But since then there's been a fairly large amount of circumstantial evidence gathered to support it.

Here's one more piece: The title of issue #940 is "The Red Badge of Courage". That's jargon for a bullet wound.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

The suspense continues.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Aha! No fights, just discussions. The setup does seem to be Tim's most intense plan yet, but it feels a bit too obvious for Tim to go out like that. Steph's not-goodbye was really nice, and Batman's concern for Tim was really cool. Clayface's little moment after trying to help as Batman was really nicely done!

Barrows's art is pretty, but I miss Martinez.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

The flashback was nice but I'm kinda just over this entire arc already. Its just stuff happening now. Tim's plan is meh and if he does die it will be a stupid way to go and not likely to be as sad or interesting as the other 3 Robin deaths we've had already. Which sucks since he's the only reason I read tec.

Good issue. The end has left me expectantly, we will see if Tim has an ace under the sleeve or really the theories of his death will be fulfilled. The man with trucker hat and black eyes is pretty suspicious, at the end Jacob may be right. I don't think that is related, but reminds me Essence and the Untitled appearing in RHATO.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    If the rumors are true, then Tim Drake dies at midnight!

I've got a pretty cool replacement avatar that I'll use until he comes back. Using Tim after his tragic death won't feel right. But I can't wait for this issue, I'm picking it up as soon as I'm able to.
    DC wants that all ROBINS "die" 1 time.. Dick(Forever Evil) Jason(Joker), Steph(Black Mask), Damian(Heretic)... Tim was the last in his list apparently..

Now we understand why Steph appears in the next cover crying, and Detective Comics 945 Cover(Spoiler furious with Batman).. and we know the reason for not see Tim in the next months.. Despite this.. Good issue
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-24-2016 at 06:28 AM.

Tim just should have made Duke a target and everyone would be happy.

BANNED

There's only so many times I can take a button press magical solution seriously, it's cringe worthy now but it was a good issue, Tynion's Tim is unfortunately a male Harper Row now.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Tynion just said on twitter that he's going to start proving how much he loves Tim starting with this issue. I really, really don't think Tim's going to die. I think temporary retirement is in the cards...

I don't recall a writer ever saying "I love this character, and I'll prove that by killing him." I mean, Grant Morrison actually did that, but...well, I really don't like Morrison, and I don't see Tynion as the same kind of guy or writer. (Not to diss Morrison's talent - he's incredibly smart - I just don't enjoy almost any of his stories or style.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Tynion just said on twitter that he's going to start proving how much he loves Tim starting with this issue. I really, really don't think Tim's going to die. I think temporary retirement is in the cards...

I don't recall a writer ever saying "I love this character, and I'll prove that by killing him." I mean, Grant Morrison actually did that, but...well, I really don't like Morrison, and I don't see Tynion as the same kind of guy or writer. (Not to diss Morrison's talent - he's incredibly smart - I just don't enjoy almost any of his stories or style.)
    So what you're saying is that he doesn't have the guts for it? I find myself agreeing, it's pretty much the biggest reason I wasn't sold on this death, I dont see Tynion being so bold. As for writing type, I put Tynion in the same category as Johns, dude is a fanboy writer, nothing wrong with it unless given too much power but it's who he is at core.

At this point I'm just ready for this book to focus on another character besides Tim.
    Retire him, kill him, put him on a bus, coma etc
    I don't care and its a sign that I really feel nothing for him as a character when he's supposed to be doing something heroic and I think its stupid because the story doesn't set it up properly.

I totally get what Tynion was going for with this issue. Tim has been marginalized so much over the last decade its time to make up for all of that by marginalizing all the other characters in favor of Tim.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    There's only so many times I can take a button press magical solution seriously, it's cringe worthy now but it was a good issue, Tynion's Tim is unfortunately a male Harper Row now.
    Well there were things that Harper Row could not do I have yet to see that from Tim.