Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Britannia#3 & Generation Zero #4 for me.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Spectacular Member

Its interesting how Harbinger Renegades, Generation Zero, and Faith are all mining Dysart's run from a couple of years back. There were some great ideas there but hopefully it doesn't become repetitive.

Also, I don't think its great that 5 of 8 books coming out in November all have the 'Future of Valiant' branding. Its hard to make something special when over half the line is a part of it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    Also, I don't think its great that 5 of 8 books coming out in November all have the 'Future of Valiant' branding. Its hard to make something special when over half the line is a part of it.
    I don't see how it's a problem. It's the same type of thing as Rebirth and All New All Different. I look at it like it's a new act in Valiant's storyline. It just has a name. And it stems from the press event they had earlier this year when they announced all of this, it was about the future of Valiant.

Getting:
    Eternal warrior
    Ninjak
    Bloodshot USA
    Savage
    Generation zero

FOR SURE:
    Harbinger: Renegades 1
    Savage 1
    Faith 5 (I'm very uneasy about the "election special" bullshit, but it's drawn by Pere Perez, and there's an entire secondary full-length story in there, all for the same price as any other issue. Hard to complain about that. I will definitely be searching for that beautiful 'B' cover by Meghan Hetrick though.)
    Bloodshot USA 2
    Ninjak 21
    Wrath of the Eternal Warrior 13

PROBABLY:
    Brittania 3

MAYBE:
    Gen. Zero 4

NOPE, I'M DONE:
    A&A 9

FAITH_005_COVER-B_HETRICK.jpg
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 08-23-2016 at 04:24 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Everything!
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I've no interest in Savage and I'll be skipping this month's Faith as well. (I can't stand Hillary Clinton at all and will not spend money on a comic with her in it even though Faith is one of my favorite Valiant titles.) I will be getting everything else though. Looks like a great month.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selykg View Post
    I don't see how it's a problem. It's the same type of thing as Rebirth and All New All Different. I look at it like it's a new act in Valiant's storyline. It just has a name. And it stems from the press event they had earlier this year when they announced all of this, it was about the future of Valiant.
    To me the difference is that with Rebirth, DC was pretty clear that anything not involved in the re-numbering wasn't that important. Which is not the message that Valiant is sending here. You're right that its like what Marvel does where some books are part of the new thing and others aren't but, IMO, that confuses the audience and hurts the titles that aren't involved in the next big push.

Mighty Member

Honestly, with how iffy A&A is right now, I wouldn't be surprised if Harbingers gets usurped by Generation Zero. Who knows what might happen, it is a completely different beast than A&A, but it is entirely possible that Gen Zero becomes THE psiot book to read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I've no interest in Savage and I'll be skipping this month's Faith as well. (I can't stand Hillary Clinton at all and will not spend money on a comic with her in it even though Faith is one of my favorite Valiant titles.) I will be getting everything else though. Looks like a great month.
    I find the whole Hillary Clinton issue tasteless aswell, especially after all the scandals and whatnot.

Reading the Harbinger solicit, it feels like they wanted a persecuted mutants story and are going to try to build a narrative off of it. Becoming a psiot is crazy and nothing like mutants so the whole thing sounds flimsy added to the fact that now there's going to be some DIY activation thing puts it into the ridiculous column. That said, I think the real measure of the book will come down to the characters. As long as they're not reduced to 2D cutouts then it can find a way to succeed.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Definitely:
    Savage #1
    Brittania #3

Bloodshot U.S.A. looks like strong possibility though – so it may end up following me home too.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Every monthly book. Even the Faith #5 despite the fact I'm saddened VEI has that evil bitch even remotely on/in the book. A&A is not wowing me but I'm hanging in there.
    Bloodshot Reborn Deluxe
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

i need more imperium.

(thanks for the solicits link)