Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Default Teaser for DC Superhero Girls: Hero of the Year.......Wonder-spin sighting!

This is a teaser for DC Superhero Girls' first DVD movie: Hero of the Year. Diana features prominently in it. Fans of the Wonder-spin transformation will like seeing Diana do it here. We also get to see a little Wonder Woman diplomacy in action with Big Barda!

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I love this show so much. I've only seen season one, but is Diana as prominent in season two, as she was in the first?

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I love this show so much. I've only seen season one, but is Diana as prominent in season two, as she was in the first?
    Yep. She's pretty much the leader of the entire school by now.

She's starting to share screen time with Supergirl and Batgirl and some other characters like Katana are getting some more screen time. But Diana is definitely still one of the main players.

The character I could stand to see a little less of would be Beast Boy. So obnoxious. There are so many better and more interesting male characters to whom they could be giving more screen time.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. She's pretty much the leader of the entire school by now.

She's starting to share screen time with Supergirl and Batgirl and some other characters like Katana are getting some more screen time. But Diana is definitely still one of the main players.
    I'm really glad to hear that. Ever since the first episode, I've considered this an ensemble show starring Diana. Kind of like this show I loved called The Good Wife was an ensemble, but also had a clear protagonist in Alicia.

The character I could stand to see a little less of would be Beast Boy. So obnoxious. There are so many better and more interesting male characters to whom they could be giving more screen time.
    If you find him annoying, I'm sure I will too. Definitely not looking forward to that.

Speaking of other characters, I'm surprised they didn't include Black Canary or Vixen. Throwing in some more WW characters like Donna, Artemis, Giganta, or even Steve would be cool. (Unless a few of those characters have shown up. I can't remember xD)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Mighty Member

I'm really glad to hear that. Ever since the first episode, I've considered this an ensemble show starring Diana. Kind of like this show I loved called The Good Wife was an ensemble, but also had a clear protagonist in Alicia.

If you find him annoying, I'm sure I will too. Definitely not looking forward to that.

Speaking of other characters, I'm surprised they didn't include Black Canary or Vixen. Throwing in some more WW characters like Donna, Artemis, Giganta, or even Steve would be cool. (Unless a few of those characters have shown up. I can't remember xD)
    Giganta has made an appearance but i forget which season

That's pretty much what's happening in this show. There's a core of important characters, of which Diana is one, and a whole mess of supporting characters that just kind of come in and out as needed.

If you like his Teen Titans, Go! characterization, then you'll like him here too. He's literally the same character. He's even voiced by the same actor. Starfire is also starting to talk like her TTG persona. ("I am the sorry.") So yeah, if you don't like him there, you won't like him here either.

No Black Canary or Vixen yet, but they could easily be introduced in time.

Steve has recently appeared. He first appeared in the graphic novel, I think. And he definitely appeared in a recent Poison Ivy-centric episode. He appears to be a waiter or barista of some café where the students like to hang out. He brought Ivy a glass of whole milk when she asked for skim, and got attacked by Ivy's pet plant. Diana had to rescue him, natch.

Giganta has also appeared twice. She's not a student at Superhero High. She's just a full-on villain Diana has had to stop from robbing places on two occasions.

No sightings of Donna or Artemis yet. I'm kind of surprised we haven't even seen Hippolyta yet. When Diana won Hero of the Month, that would've been the perfect time to have Hippolyta make a quick appearance talking about Diana's new accomplishment. Hero of the Month episodes usually include commentaries from people who know the character. Commissioner Gordon got to talk about Barbara when she won Hero of the Month. I guess they just couldn't get a camera crew to Paradise Island to ask Hippolyta for her thoughts.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but I believe Hippolyta is supposed to be in this movie, and voiced by Susan Eisenberg .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but I believe Hippolyta is supposed to be in this movie, and voiced by Susan Eisenberg .
    I just got done watching my copy. Hippolyta's definitely in it, but she's voiced by Julianne Grossman, not Susan Eisenberg.

Still awesome, though.

And Steve's in it too. And there was a red-haired Amazon on Themiscyra. May have been Artemis. Sadly, she didn't speak, nor did Diana address her by name.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I just got done watching my copy. Hippolyta's definitely in it, but she's voiced by Julianne Grossman, not Susan Eisenberg.

Still awesome, though.

And Steve's in it too. And there was a red-haired Amazon on Themiscyra. May have been Artemis. Sadly, she didn't speak, nor did Diana address her by name.
    Is there any way to buy a physical copy i only see digital?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    Is there any way to buy a physical copy i only see digital?
    For Hero of the Year? Yep.

I picked up my copy at my local Target. Strangely, they only had the DVD version. Not sure where one would find the Blu-Ray.

The DVD is also a good investment because it has pretty much all of Season 1's episodes in the Special Features.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

This was a fun little movie. They should make this a full series, not just shorts on youtube.
    Richard Alexander

Who the hell decided to make Amanda Waller a principal? That's just asking for trouble!

This is a lot of fun! But I have to fast forward through the theme song.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I wonder why they've left out Black Canary from this series

I could kinda sorta get into this...but that costume Diana is sporting...ugh.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I wonder why they've left out Black Canary from this series
    Eh. They're probably just holding some characters back so they can bring them in later.

Since the show began, they've introduced Supergirl, Batgirl (Barbara Gordon was in from the start, but she didn't become Batgirl until recently,) Big Barda, Steve Trevor, and Amethyst.

They'll get around to Dinah, I'm sure.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--