Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    So tell me :
    How many mutants storm has under her command? For real
    Unless someone gets killed...
    Archangel, Forge, Magneto, Rachel Summer, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Iceman, Magik, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Sabretooth, M, Glob, Martha, Ernst, Anole, Mystique, Gambit....and a whole freaking school...plus demons

30_10-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds123 View Post
    Not enough to compete with the inhumans numbers wise, and most of them don't have training to be of real use. If they have any chance to win they need to out think the Inhumans and more importantly Karnak. Storms is under powered and out gunned. And can't use use the Phoenix Force without having to go agonist the avengers as well.
    Out powered by who....other then Blackbolt....who do the Inhumans have that can hold their own with the Omega level mutants on Storm's side?

Also, like some of the mutants at Storm's school, a lot of the Inhumans are not trained fighters
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-23-2016 at 04:50 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds123 View Post
    Not enough to compete with the inhumans numbers wise, and most of them don't have training to be of real use. If they have any chance to win they need to out think the Inhumans and more importantly Karnak. Storms is under powered and out gunned. And can't use use the Phoenix Force without having to go agonist the avengers as well.
    There are about seven threats Storm has to deal with. Blackbolt is the biggest threat, their greatest hitter, Karnak is dangerous, but he's arrogant, Logan and T'challa have beaten him before. With Warlock's transmode virus that is a game changer. All that delicious tech is essentially mutant property. Maximus is another big hitter, but he is crazy. There are mutants that are nearly as crazy as him and can keep him busy. Let's not get it twisted the inhumans do have numbers but most of those don't fight either.

Hell, Rachel, Betty, Jean and Martha can take out half the Inhumans in seconds.

Do they even have an Inhuman telepath? I only remember Psynape and I think he is dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Unless someone gets killed...
    Archangel, Forge, Magneto, Rachel Summer, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Iceman, Magik, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Sabretooth, M, Glob, Martha, Ernst, Anole, Mystique, Gambit....and a whole freaking school...plus demons

30_10-1.jpg

Out powered by who....other then Blackbolt....who do the Inhumans have that can hold their own with the Omega level mutants on Storm's side?

Also, like some of the mutants at Storm's school, a lot of the Inhumans are not trained fighters
    I find it unlikely Wolverine would get involved, given her clearly-demonstrated distaste for Hero vs. Hero bickering. Good probability you can rule out the rest of the ANXM, too. 1) The O5 are probably going to be like-minded with Laura, and not want to get mixed up in MORE Hero vs. Hero bickering. 2) ANXM apparently seems to exist in its own little pocket universe, and so as far as the rest of the books are concerned may as well not even be there at all.

Storm needs to hire a legal team to find a loop hole in the contract Fox signed with Marvel that forces them to sell back the rights, failing that mutant kind is screwed. I mean if a woman who can control the weather is the lead protagonist and the principle threat is mist there is clearly a huge bias operating here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I find it unlikely Wolverine would get involved, given her clearly-demonstrated distaste for Hero vs. Hero bickering. Good probability you can rule out the rest of the ANXM, too. 1) The O5 are probably going to be like-minded with Laura, and not want to get mixed up in MORE Hero vs. Hero bickering. 2) ANXM apparently seems to exist in its own little pocket universe, and so as far as the rest of the books are concerned may as well not even be there at all.
    LL...I got u. Old slip up, I meant Old Man Logan. Now if push came to shove I can see young Angel, Beast, Cyclops, Oya, Genesis, Wolverine and Iceman joining their mutant family.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Storm needs to hire a legal team to find a loop hole in the contract Fox signed with Marvel that forces them to sell back the rights, failing that mutant kind is screwed. I mean if a woman who can control the weather is the lead protagonist and the principle threat is mist there is clearly a huge bias operating here.
    Fox has done nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    And, why would Beast side with the Inhumans?
    I thought that he already had.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I thought that he already had.
    I wouldn't go that far. He's trying to find a cure....so he still cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Fox has done nothing wrong.
    didn't say they did......

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is that really Magik's current outfit? How old is she supposed to be these days?

I would say tactics are one thing the X-Men are better at. Powers-wise, I think they're at least even if they don't have the edge (I can't recall any Inhumans with ties to magic). I also think they tend to have more variety (quite a few Inhuman powers are more brute force). Obviously, the big Inhuman heavy-hitters are Karnak, Reader (who can be nigh omnipotent under the right circumstances), Black Bolt, and Medusa. I think the question is more one of technological superiority and how long Forge has to prepare.

Spectacular Member

Magik is taking on a World eater or a dimension destroyer. She and her armies can Solo... She teleports Black bolts voice right back at him. Iceman is a team wrecker as well. Jean, Storm, etc... this should be a stomp.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is that really Magik's current outfit? How old is she supposed to be these days?

I would say tactics are one thing the X-Men are better at. Powers-wise, I think they're at least even if they don't have the edge (I can't recall any Inhumans with ties to magic). I also think they tend to have more variety (quite a few Inhuman powers are more brute force). Obviously, the big Inhuman heavy-hitters are Karnak, Reader (who can be nigh omnipotent under the right circumstances), Black Bolt, and Medusa. I think the question is more one of technological superiority and how long Forge has to prepare.
    Reader is an issue. His reality and time distortion abilities make him completely unpredictable.

Mighty Member

didn't Karnak get taken out in about a second by Iron Man? Forgive me if I don't cower in fear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Can't Storm do like anything with her powers alone? Or so most Storm fans here lead me to believe.

The only think she's lacking is giving a damn here.
    Storm could do a heck of a lot of damage alone. The only Inhuman that could possibly give Storm any pause is Black Bolt. However, if he's taken out of the equation, Storm could stomp the rest of the royal family put together all by herself. Adding people like Illyana and telepaths to Storm's team only makes the scenario worse for the Inhumans.