Super Moderator

Default EXCL: Paquette's "Justice League" Variants Spotlight Team Members in Connecting Image

CBR has the exclusive first look at Yanick Paquette's ("Swamp Thing") variant covers for "Justice League" #s 5-8.

Full article here.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

That is not a good drawing of Barry's Flash. His arm seems to be sprouting out of his skull, the chest icon looks even more clunky, and for the first time those lines coming from above his eyes really bother me.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Simon's costume looks all kinds of wrong. It's mostly the colorist's fault for making his belt and holster green instead of grey. DC also needs to give every artist who works on him a copy of the Arabic tattoo on his arm. His "I've got a weapon in each hand" pose is also weird. Seeing him next to Jessica here is a good example of "less is more, when it comes to costume design, imo.

I haven't been keeping track, but I thought Cyborg had been streamlined. (or does he just morph into whatever any given artist decides he looks like?)

Whats everyone's fascination with Baz's gun. He looks like a moron.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    I wouldn't say there's a fascination - it's just the thing that Johns gave him that's a defining visual trait, as much a part of his look as Jessica's stupid GL symbol eye-glitter. (or whatever that is)

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Lol i give the benifit of doubt for the psychological reasons for wanting the guns but the character always has them drawn and either threatens you to death with them or isn't the best shoot when he fires .... 'o well.... like it when the writer dosen't take the character too seriously anyway.

They should've kept Cyborg's DC You design. Not feeling this one.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Uh...I sure liked it.
    Buh-bye

Gon

I absolutely LOVE Yanick Paquette's art, and this is stunning. I also like the little background bits related to each character, Cyborg on top of a car engine, the police car for the interstellar police, the Poseidon statue behind Aquaman and the speed limit sign for Flash... just checked and Wonder Woman has a Greek column behind her and Superman the US flag...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Simon's costume looks all kinds of wrong. It's mostly the colorist's fault for making his belt and holster green instead of grey. DC also needs to give every artist who works on him a copy of the Arabic tattoo on his arm. His "I've got a weapon in each hand" pose is also weird. Seeing him next to Jessica here is a good example of "less is more, when it comes to costume design, imo.

I haven't been keeping track, but I thought Cyborg had been streamlined. (or does he just morph into whatever any given artist decides he looks like?)
    Sadly DC reverted him to this outdated bulky look. The Reis look was so much better.