Mighty Member

Default With the success of Deadpool and Suicide Squad

I swear the extreme 90's comics is back on film and might make Hollywood do a trend of violent anti-hero films.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

CW and BvS still dominated as expected. But Xmen really fell, that wasn't at all surprising since I expected them to a brick wall eventually only so much you can do with the main Xmen films.

I think SS and DP will encourage studios to greenlight more unorthodox CBM's. MARVEL got Strange coming out and DC got the likes of Lobo in development. But I don't think it'll become a trend until these films start breaking the billion barrier or making more than your Batman's or Iron man's.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I think SS and DP will encourage studios to greenlight more unorthodox CBM's. MARVEL got Strange coming out and DC got the likes of Lobo in development. But I don't think it'll become a trend until these films start breaking the billion barrier or making more than your Batman's or Iron man's.
    I certainly hope so. There's more to comics out there than the umpteeth Spider-Man reboot. Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man came out of nowhere when they were announced, and they both did a satisfactory job. I'm more prone to seeing comic movies that at least attempt a change from the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I certainly hope so. There's more to comics out there than the umpteeth Spider-Man reboot. Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man came out of nowhere when they were announced, and they both did a satisfactory job. I'm more prone to seeing comic movies that at least attempt a change from the norm.
    I am really hoping Margot Robbie gets her female DC characters movie made and it does well. We need a little more estrogen on the big screen to go along with all the testosterone.

More asses for the camera to linger on, if SS is anything to go by.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I swear the extreme 90's comics is back on film and might make Hollywood do a trend of violent anti-hero films.
    When you hear word of a Youngbloods, X-Force (with Liefeld as a consulting producer), Authority, WildC.A.T.S, a revived Hellboy series and a Spawn reboot, then you'd have clause to worry.

Suicide Squad and Deadpool were tame compared to a bulk of 90s comics. Although, whether Sony gets their Sinister Six movie up and running is still something that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    When you hear word of a Youngbloods, X-Force (with Liefeld as a consulting producer), Authority, WildC.A.T.S, a revived Hellboy series and a Spawn reboot, then you'd have clause to worry.

Suicide Squad and Deadpool were tame compared to a bulk of 90s comics. Although, whether Sony gets their Sinister Six movie up and running is still something that could happen.
    McFarlane just finished his script for the Spawn reboot. You've been warned.

Fox is also at work on an X-Force movie, with Lauren Schuler Donner and Matthew Vaughn from the previous X-films set to produce, but no word on how far development's gone, if it's even still in progress.

Eh I don't know.

SS wasn't anymore violent than any other PG13 movie with guns. Dudes head exploded and I don't even think there was an ounce of blood?

Deadpool was violent AF but it was cartoon ish violence. Ditto for Kingsman's.

So idk if the "90s extreme" violence thing is gonna happen or not.

Old Man Logan will be interesting bc that should be violent but not cartoony happy violence like DP
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

McFarlane just finished his script for the Spawn reboot. You've been warned.
    Noooooo.... Are you serious? Hahaha
    That's brilliant.

Fox is also at work on an X-Force movie, with Lauren Schuler Donner and Matthew Vaughn from the previous X-films set to produce, but no word on how far development's gone, if it's even still in progress.
    I knew an X-Force movie would be put in the pipeline with Deadpool's success. Vaughn is a name to trust. With comic writers and creators being consulted for these movies nowadays, I can help but feel nervous if Liefeld was brought on as a consultant.

X-TREME X-FORCE!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh I don't know.

SS wasn't anymore violent than any other PG13 movie with guns. Dudes head exploded and I don't even think there was an ounce of blood?

Deadpool was violent AF but it was cartoon ish violence. Ditto for Kingsman's.

So idk if the "90s extreme" violence thing is gonna happen or not.

Old Man Logan will be interesting bc that should be violent but not cartoony happy violence like DP
    A lot of the violence in 90s comics was cartoon like too. Lobo being a good example and that was pretty extreme.

Extraordinary Member

Idk about DP being tame compared to a bulk of 90s comics. Comics like what?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

It that still a thing...? Thought it was scrapped with the ASM-verse?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Idk about DP being tame compared to a bulk of 90s comics. Comics like what?
    Deadpool the movie, compared to the bulk of 90s comics. For examples, just look at the comics I listed in my initial post. Outside of foul language, sexual innuendo and violence that had visible blood, Deadpool the film is pretty tame. If not for the blood and f-bombs, it be a hard PG-13.

Extraordinary Member

Deadpool the movie, compared to the bulk of 90s comics. For examples, just look at the comics I listed in my initial post. Outside of foul language, sexual innuendo and violence that had visible blood, Deadpool the film is pretty tame. If not for the blood and f-bombs, it be a hard PG-13.
    Eh I don't think so there were some pretty graphically violent scenes in there but everyone's entitled to their opinion.