Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given the circumstances everyone will give Steve a pass. Maybe not overnight in some cases but it will happen ... and it should.

Steve giving himself a pads or not is the tougher question but he'll get over it and move on eventually.
    I agree. It's not that different from what Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, or Iron Man (twice!) went through. And they are back to being considered heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    And that went on wwwwwwaayyyy to long.
    Because it sold

meaning people liked it........
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Interesting indeed for all that was shown within this Month's Issue, as the effects and aftermath of what happened during Pleasant Hill is continued to be focused upon.

There was only a minor notice with spoilers:
    the New Quasar
    end of spoilers and the sub-plot with the T-Bolts (especially for both Bucky/WS & Kobic) is playing really strongly among the continuing drama of Captain A's battle against Hydra/Red Skull.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I agree. It's not that different from what Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, or Iron Man (twice!) went through. And they are back to being considered heroes.
    Naw this has never happened before! No hero has EVER had their mind messed with and made them not act like themselves!!! NEVER!!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I just laugh at the fact that I'm wearing a t-shirt of that scene right now. Yeah this feels like he is point to destroy the character make Sam greater cap instead of both being on same level.
    What Spencer is doing to Cap reminds me of the Breaking Benjamin song Lights Out oh so much.

It doesn't matter what Spencer's ultimate objective is at this point. He is annihilating Steve Roger's character irrevocably to achieve it. The ends don't justify the means.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    It doesn't matter what Spencer's ultimate objective is at this point. He is annihilating Steve Roger's character irrevocably to achieve it. The ends don't justify the means.
    We haven't even reached the end of this story arc, we are only 4 chapters in and everyone is complaining about the sky falling. We have yet to see how this story fleshes out.

Personally this story has been quite entertaining. Once Steve is back to "normal" then this story will go down as a footnote in the Marvel Universe and may allow for some good call backs in future stories. This could change Hydra forever if he eliminates the Red Skull. We just have to wait and see. I'd suggest reserving judgment till there is some greater thesis to this story.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's sort of cool in a sense to see a bad Cap, because we get an idea of just how dangerous he can be if he's not holding back.

Red Ghost and the Apes aren't exactly push overs. On a good day they can give the FF a descent run for their money.
    Do you remember when I suggested Cap was a villain, a few years back. I stated how dangerous he could be because of his convictions. All that I have said is coming to pass. It's like Marvel read my posts and inserting ideas discussed into their stories.

I wonder if they will touch on Cap's brief drug addiction during Streets of Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Leach View Post
    Some of the comments in this thread just make me groan.
    Glad to know I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw this has never happened before! No hero has EVER had their mind messed with and made them not act like themselves!!! NEVER!!

Huh. Woulda look at that.

We haven't even reached the end of this story arc, we are only 4 chapters in and everyone is complaining about the sky falling. We have yet to see how this story fleshes out.

Personally this story has been quite entertaining. Once Steve is back to "normal" then this story will go down as a footnote in the Marvel Universe...
    This. Everyone's complaining like this is permanent. Chill out, you guys. This is comics, where nothing is forever. Not even the death of Bucky Barnes.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This feels like the equivalent of SpOck murdering Massacre in cold-blood and beating the living tar out of Jester and Screwball. I wonder if it's going to be glossed over and quickly forgotten about as quickly?
    One of Steve's friends would have to inexplicably become the new Queenpin of Crime though.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    It's just an established part of the Marvel Universe that heroes forgive and forget the most awful things, especially when writers come up with convenient excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    One of Steve's friends would have to inexplicably become the new Queenpin of Crime though.
    Well, Diamondback did rejoin the Serpent Society for one arc and is now presumably on the lam .

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

The difference here is that they are saying Steve isn't who he is because of his memories were changed. I like to think that it's his character, not his memories that made him into the hero we all knew as Cap.

Daredevil has a dark side already, so being possessed by the Beast only pushed him to this limit.

What happened to Cyclops was the culmination of a story about his character and what he is capable that started in Decimation, even if it made various false steps along the way. I can't truly say the same of Herr Rogers. It doesn't inform his character at all really. It's just something to take him off the board so Sam can have the Shield and Carol can be the big hero on campus without actually killing him (yet).

Incredible Member

So actually reading this issue I don't think anyone should be too concerned about Steve Rogers killing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ssunn View Post
    The difference here is that they are saying Steve isn't who he is because of his memories were changed. I like to think that it's his character, not his memories that made him into the hero we all knew as Cap.
    You completely change someones upbringing, it is going to change the person.

Amazing Member

Some of the comments in this thread just make me groan.
    I know right? "ZOMG someone is doing something new and different and trying to tell a unique story. The horror!!" It's like 1000 "comic book guy" clones unleashed on the internet.