Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Why "Blue Beetle: Rebirth" #1 Is DC Comics' Perfect, Hopeful New Title

Jaimie Reyes and Ted Kord's combined returns are a perfect example of DC's overall Rebirth goals.

Full article here.

Again, once they whack Jaimie and bring back Ted 100%, THEN I will buy this book.

Sounds like a winner.
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by knawimean? View Post
    Again, once they whack Jaimie and bring back Ted 100%, THEN I will buy this book.

Sigh... You poor, deluded soul...
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

I doubt you're even a Blue Beetle fan so it doesn't matter what you think.

Anyway I look forward to reading this title, it sounds like a winner!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

It was fun, but nothing impressive. Never read 'Beetle comics before so didn't really know what to expect. I'm going to keep at it though.

I liked it well enough. But I feel it spent too much time with the fighting bad guys. One of the best part of Jaime's 2006 was his interactions with his family and friends and this felt like a rushed introduction.

Anyway I'm in for the long haul. It's good to see these two back in action. Do not like the Magic origin.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Always Rakzo

This was good fun. The villains are not that interesting but I liked the dynamic between Jaime and the rest of the cast, they all certainly show more personality than during the New 52 era.

This is the most entertaining Blue Beetle stuff since his pre-Flashpoint book.

Thumbs up

Please, this is NOT a day for hating!

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Decent issue overall, will be interested in seeing where it goes. Also thought it was neat how this basically showed us what happened leading up to Ted & Jaimie's disscision in the DCU Rebirth Special.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

I liked it a lot. Jaime and Ted's interactions were fun, and it feels way more like the old BB series than the new one. Almost to the point of feeling repetitive at times, but I'm sticking with it.

Loved this so much! I, too, wished there was a little less action and a little more character interaction, but as a first issue I couldn't have asked for more. Ted and Jaime's back-and-forth was terrific and I love the set-up and the art. Plus, the Bug is back!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I loved every panel of this. Ted and Jaime's interactions were fun and I liked the set up.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

It was... alright. I'll give it another issue or two.

Read it. So far I think it's alright. While I've never read any of the past BB stuff and am only aware of general tones and writing styles of the book, the vibe I get is that it's a bit of a balance between the character stuff of the Giffen/Rogers run and the action of the Bedard New 52 run. All the stuff with Jaime's family and Paco and Brenda was nice character action, while we got to see some Blue Beetle stuff.

I found the dichotomy between Ted and Jaime interesting. While I suppose that the banter between the two and Ted's endless optimism and eagerness and Jaime's pessimism and disappointment could get repetitive after a while, it boils down more to the characters' situations: Ted as the adult with millions of bucks, a bug vehicle, and his genius mind, and Jaime as the hormonal teen who just wants to get on with his life. It'll be interesting to see these two more together down the line, since again this kind of mentor story mechanic hasn't been seen for BB in the past.

All in all I don't think it's a fantastical first issue, but it has enough to get new readers hooked, and Jaime fans will certainly get what they want. I hesitate to say that those who adore Ted and want Jaime to just die already will like it, but I suppose that means the book just isn't meant for those folk. Looking forward to issue 2.