Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Montclare & Reeder Explain How "Moon Girl" Became The Smartest Person in the Marvel U

Amy Reeder & Brandon Montclare explain the importance of "Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur's" new revelation.

Full article here.

That's awesome!

I've really been enjoying Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. Glad Lunella will be sticking around!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

All-New Member

I guess she kind of has to be for her story to work. But damn there are so many geniuses in the Marvel Universe already. I feel like some of them need to have their intelligence reduced, especially Peter Parker. I'm fine with him really smart, or smart enough to make web shooters in high school, but him on the same level as Tony Stark just kind of breaks his character a lot for me. Clever smart not super genius.

Spectacular Member

Only slight quibble I have with the idea is it feels very... informed rather than shown.

If a writer turns around and goes 'My character is smarter than Richards/Doom' my gut reaction is 'um... how?' You can have a scene where they do a mary/marty sue and explain something complicated to the established character but generally that doesn't feel particularly organic.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

I've only read the first TPB of this series, but am I the only one that found it rather underwhelming?

Incredible Member

"Smartest person in the marvel universe." A TIRED moniker handed to practically everyone in the marvel universe.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    Only slight quibble I have with the idea is it feels very... informed rather than shown.

If a writer turns around and goes 'My character is smarter than Richards/Doom' my gut reaction is 'um... how?' You can have a scene where they do a mary/marty sue and explain something complicated to the established character but generally that doesn't feel particularly organic.
    Well, the next arc is just to show instead of tell it. It just will take 6 issues instead of 15+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    I've only read the first TPB of this series, but am I the only one that found it rather underwhelming?
    I didn't find it underwhelming. Sure, it's a light read since it's a all-ages book, but it's also a lot of fun with a character that i can relate to and a FREAKING RED DINO! I Love it!
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

Moon Girl the smartest?

Mighty Member

I'm just not buying this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    I mean it's a good book (worth picking up) and a fun read, but it's not any better than the rest of the books Marvel is putting out. Nothing outstanding or special about it, imo...

Shouldn't there be a some kind of advertorial notification in these type of contents? I mean, it is a plain promotion. I don't know how this works in U.S. though, if they have obligation on this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    "Smartest person in the marvel universe." A TIRED moniker handed to practically everyone in the marvel universe.
    True enough. As others have noted, it's especially odd when its a brand new character (and only nine years old?) with no real history to back it up. It comes across very much as just a pointless case of one-upmanship.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    True enough. As others have noted, it's especially odd when its a brand new character (and only nine years old?) with no real history to back it up. It comes across very much as just a pointless case of one-upmanship.
    I honestly can't tell if it adds value to the character and/or the story, or if it's just a good marketing strategy to make Lunella more popular and grab a few headlines for Marvel in the process...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I honestly can't tell if it adds value to the character and/or the story, or if it's just a good marketing strategy to make Lunella more popular and grab a few headlines for Marvel in the process...

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I agree. Why isn't it enough that the character is smart or a genius? Why do they have to be the genius? Thanks to this kind of stretch coming up so much, saying someone is the smartest person in the Marvel Universe has honestly lost all meaning.