Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronDuck View Post
    But, for some reason we still aren't allowed any Lanterns.
    in any way shape or form. They can't even have Alan Scott be in the JSA? No Jay...no Alan..or Kent..no Carter...um....it's the "New Coke" JSA. It's not just a name it's who's in the team that makes up the JSA.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Hopefully we get a British Constantine this time around.
    There were rumors a while back that Ewan McGregor and Colin Farrell were both being considered for Constantine (I think it came from Latino Review - so yeah, take these with a big pile of salt). If one of them really does end up as Constantine... not exactly a Scouser like the comics, but a step up from Keanu.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 08-24-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Cool that they're still moving forward with a Justice League Dark movie, so the animated version won't be the sole representation the team has outside of comics, though the roster looks pretty much exactly the same (just minus Batman presumably). Pretty good roster though .

Looking forward to seeing who they cast for the team (will Matt Ryan once again return as Constantine?), how they'll look visually, who'll voice Swamp Thing, and how magic will be presented. If done well, this movie could be an amazing visual spectacle .

I continue to wonder if Gambit is still ever going to happen .

BANNED

I thought Zatanna appeared already on the small screen back on Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Lacey Chabert as Zatanna please. She's voiced the character before and is Italian. She's more than qualified.
    I feel like they'll cast someone younger and up-and-coming.

Jack Lantern Corps. Jack Hallows's Avatar

hopefully this opens up the venue for a live action Spectre. that's all i really care about.

ha! they do already have a green lantern corps film on the slate for 2020 i think? probably they are giving enough time for the public to forget the ryan reynolds version

We can't have GL on television. Even if it wasn't because of a movie that may or may not be released in 4 years, the VFX are way above CW budget. Unless it's just Hal Jordan as a regular pilot before he was chosen, but I'm not sure because they already talked about a test pilot disappearing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-24-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Zatanna was already in Smallville so this isn't her first live action appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Since when are Deadman and Zantana "Batman supporting characters"? Croc and Harley yes...but the other two aren't even close to being Batman supporting characters.
    Probably referring to the DCAU. Deadman was introduced in the tie-comics as part of Haley's Circus and Batman helped solve his murder. This was carried over to the tv shows years later when Deadman showed up in JLU and it's established that him and Batman already know each other.

Zatanna and Bruce were established as having trained together in B:TAS. The Shadowcrest mansion where the Zatara's reside was established to be in Gotham as far back as the 60's. Later on, Dini established that Bruce and Zatanna were childhood friends and detailed the history between the Waynes, Zataras and the Elliots.

The DCAU have folded in characters like the Creeper and Jonah Hex into Batman world as well and the comics would go on to incorporate characters like Question, Ragman, Simon Dark, Tarantula and Manhunter (Kate Spencer) into the Bat world. Most of the original Outsiders count as well. They are not part of the core Batman Family but they are sort of like their distant cousins.

Can you imagine trying to do GL SFX on a tv budget?

Johns is probably lays awake at night wondering how he is going to incorporate Hal into the CW verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I feel like they'll cast someone younger and up-and-coming.
    Lacey Chabert is 33, brah.

She is not my pick for the character but I wouldn't discount her because she might be too young.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

Liman is a solid choice. Alexandra Daddario for Zatanna please.

BANNED

I'm curious about JLD having both Etrigan and Swamp Thing, because both of them can be seen as essentially "hulk with magic" type brutes and if you make Etrigan more into a spellcaster, than what is Zatanna suppose to do then?

I just don't see the purpose of having both Etrigan and Swamp thing on the same team.

they may decide to radically change etrigan's appearance to be more demonic in nature. who knows? i think alexandra daddaro is a very beautiful actress. and i liked the percy jackson movies too.

I thought that Snyder was the one that directing the Dark Justice League...............................

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Awesome to hear that they are doing a live action version of this! God I hope Batman has zero involvement in this project. Still bitter they are having him star in the animation when there are other more relevant magic characters that should be in it instead.

Oh and Lacey Chabert as Zatanna please. She's voiced the character before and is Italian. She's more than qualified.
    Im pretty sure that Batman is going to show up there too; him and Wonder Woman are basically the only one with a positive reception these days.

BANNED

Lanterns are expensive as **** to animate, nothing to do with embargos

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I'm curious about JLD having both Etrigan and Swamp Thing, because both of them can be seen as essentially "hulk with magic" type brutes and if you make Etrigan more into a spellcaster, than what is Zatanna suppose to do then?

I just don't see the purpose of having both Etrigan and Swamp thing on the same team.
    Etrigan's rhyming could provide some comedy elements to the movie. Swamp Thing will be more Groot than Hulk when it comes to powers in the film I imagine.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    We can't have GL on television. Even if it wasn't because of a movie that may or may not be released in 4 years, the VFX are way above CW budget. Unless it's just Hal Jordan as a regular pilot before he was chosen, but I'm not sure because they already talked about a test pilot disappearing.
    Right they're struggling to incorporate GL in the DCEU can't imagine CW could fair better.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.