Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I know that. I'm saying it really feels pointless without him, because it feels like something that was put together specifically to let Guillermo Del Toro play with the DC toys while also safely staying in his wheelhouse.
    just because he can't direct due to other commitments doesnt mean he can't help out in other ways.

dark universe is moving forward because the world of magic is one of dc comics strongest corners. it would be a loss in many ways to carry the dceu onward without that magic corner heavily dedicated.

likely they will use dark universe to usher in elements like doctor fate, shade the changing man, black orchid, and eventually sandman while batman and justice league split their focus between street-level and new gods 4th world style entertainment.

BANNED

I hope they will use the name "Heaven's Sent" or something. I refuse they go with a name so uninspired.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, Del Toro is still a producer for the movie, and his script is still being used. Even the writer of his script is still attached to the project.

It's still very much Del Toro's movie. We just have a different director. And an excellent one, at that.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Hope they race, gender and sexuality swap everyone, just so I can hear people cry!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Awesome to hear that they are doing a live action version of this! God I hope Batman has zero involvement in this project. Still bitter they are having him star in the animation when there are other more relevant magic characters that should be in it instead.

Oh and Lacey Chabert as Zatanna please. She's voiced the character before and is Italian. She's more than qualified.
    I was going to argue but then I realized that Lacey Chabert is 33 now, and also I am old.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Hope they race, gender and sexuality swap everyone, just so I can hear people cry!
    The movie will be pg-13 so we can already confirm that Constantine won't be a chain smoker, that is a drastic element of the character.

Granted, the movie used this as a pivotal plot element when they had him with his lung cancer, but you could say the movie was anti-smoking ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The movie will be pg-13 so we can already confirm that Constantine won't be a chain smoker, that is a drastic element of the character.

Granted, the movie used this as a pivotal plot element when they had him with his lung cancer, but you could say the movie was anti-smoking ad.
    yeah, time warner does discourage the usage of cigarettes in films with exposure to youth.

but the constantine tv show had instances of the hellblazer smoking cigarettes, and i'm plenty sure that wasn't r-rated.

is it necessary? i would say so, for historical context. but there's nothing saying constantine can't be working to get rid of his smoking addiction.

seems there are loopholes in place for certain instances, but in general wb's policies against smoking depiction are admirable. fox is the only large media company left that doesn't actively participate in the effort to reduce.

I hope we see Zatanna in her classic outfit at least once in the movie, especially since I doubt they would have her wear it for a majority of the film, especially in a Justice League Dark movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    They get away with Grodd and King Shark, by using them as little as possible. You aren't going to get away with having a character chew up that much of the VFX budget every episode.
    probably so. How many times have we seen Firestorm.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope we see Zatanna in her classic outfit at least once in the movie, especially since I doubt they would have her wear it for a majority of the film, especially in a Justice League Dark movie.
    I just hope they can find someone who looks like Zatanna as much as the last person to play her looked like the character

Zatanna_Zatara_Smallville.jpg

There was that one rumor that said WB wanted a Latina for the role of Zatanna. Now Eiza Gonzalez is rumored for the role of Zatanna...Geoff Johns is following her on twitter and shes following him...hmmmm
    Last edited by El_Gato; 08-25-2016 at 03:43 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Lacey Chabert is 33, brah.

She is not my pick for the character but I wouldn't discount her because she might be too young.
    Chabert is too old--have you seen the relative ages of the women they're casting in these parts? How Hollywood operates, sad but true.

I think they could find someone who looks more like Zee than the chick from Party of 5, too.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

There was that one rumor that said WB wanted a Latina for the role of Zatanna. Now Eiza Gonzalez is rumored for the role of Zatanna...Geoff Johns is following her on twitter and shes following him...hmmmm
    Damn, google-searched and she's smoking hot!

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    It's be funny if Keaunu showed up for this.
    Why would it be funny?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    just because he can't direct due to other commitments doesnt mean he can't help out in other ways.

dark universe is moving forward because the world of magic is one of dc comics strongest corners. it would be a loss in many ways to carry the dceu onward without that magic corner heavily dedicated.

likely they will use dark universe to usher in elements like doctor fate, shade the changing man, black orchid, and eventually sandman while batman and justice league split their focus between street-level and new gods 4th world style entertainment.
    Him helping out, if that even happens, it's not the same as him directing and controlling the thing. When the project was seemingly put together for no other reason than so Guillermo del Toro could make a DC movie, and put his Guillermo del Toro spin on this part of the DCU, I kind of don't care about someone else's vision of this thing.

And I like Doug Liman, Edge of Tommorrow was the best action movie of 2014. But I also don't really care about seeing his take on a Guillermo del Toro movie.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I hope they add Xanadu to the lineup because she's an important part of the team, in my opinion.