Amazing Member

Default Did Doomsday use Wonder Woman's sword to kill Superman in BvS?

I was re-watching BvS recently and it appears to me that after Wonder Woman cuts off Doomsday's hand, he blasts her with heat vision causing her to lose her sword.

Somehow the sword gets entrenched in Doomsdays' stump of an arm and he manages to integrate it (grow around it) to his body. And it is the sword that he uses to stab through Superman's chest.

At this point Wonder Woman no longer has her sword and pulls out her most powerful weapon... the lasso.

Anyone else notice this?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Nope. It was a bone spike that grew out from the stump of his severed hand.

The sword clearly went clean through Doomsday's wrist.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Nope, it was a bone. That sword is sharp as heck, it sliced the hand clean off and when Doomsday went to heal it, the bone started healing before the flesh did, and in a conveniently spikey way.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Amazing Member

I am watching it again and its not quite so clear. That fight scene at times is a blurry mess.

It seems to me that Wonder Woman takes a stab at the stump a second time and gets blasted away. But her sword seems to get lost in Doomsday. And Doomsday seems to be gloating is if he had taken that thing (sword) that hurt him away from her.

Weird freaking editing.

BANNED

Were you watching a cam copy? looked pretty clear to me, you even see the bone rising along with black ooze(blood?)

Quote Originally Posted by edgar5203 View Post
    I am watching it again and its not quite so clear. That fight scene at times is a blurry mess.

It seems to me that Wonder Woman takes a stab at the stump a second time and gets blasted away. But her sword seems to get lost in Doomsday. And Doomsday seems to be gloating is if he had taken that thing (sword) that hurt him away from her.

Weird freaking editing.
    It's a bone. That's Doomsday's thing. It's very clear that it's a bone.