Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default An Animatic from the New Mutants Movie Lands Online, Reveals Movie Villain

Last edited by DoctorWho; 11-24-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

It confirms a few things and raises a few questions

Demon Bear

Lockheed starts with Magik not Shadowcat in FoX

Mirage been beaten by Demon Bear it seems

The Soul Sword is kinda small (maybe it grows?)

Mirage looks her proper nationality (yay)

Takes place during Winter?

Mansion looked empty as well

No costumes yet?

This probably means lockheed is supernatural rather than an alien. I thought that was a hospital not the mansion?

either way, this looks pretty fun. Can't wait.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's a hospital as well.

Rahne in half-wolf form pushing the gurney is a little strange. I still think it's a proof of concept rather than a scene from the actual movie. The snow and a fight in the hospital are true to the original comics though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    The Soul Sword is kinda small (maybe it grows?)
    It was exactly like that during the whole time Magik was in the New Mutants, it only got bigger in recent years, so probably it will remain like that.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    This probably means lockheed is supernatural rather than an alien. I thought that was a hospital not the mansion?

either way, this looks pretty fun. Can't wait.
    Your probably right. I see a big building with some mutants I automatically think 1407 Graymalkin lane.

When boone confirmed the roster the pic he used had Lockheed and he also confirmed Warlock so maybe they are alien but they could just be Limbo creatures maybe.

Looks pretty promising. I really hope Fox puts some serious resources into New Mutants. I could be to the X-men what First Class was, a fresh take with a new cast of characters that helps reinvigorate the franchise. They clearly want to expand, especially with Hugh Jackman leaving the franchise. New Mutants, having the success of First Class as a model, could do just that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Interesting that Illyana didn't seem to be teleporting in her fight with the Demon Bear. It's not conclusive, but maybe they decided to simplify her power set.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    It was exactly like that during the whole time Magik was in the New Mutants, it only got bigger in recent years, so probably it will remain like that.
    So use to how it looks now! Excellent point!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    So use to how it looks now! Excellent point!
    I hate the Buster Sword she carries now. Besides which that wouldn't translate into live action very well at all, and would just look more ridiculous. Keep it more realistically sized or proportioned, think a longsword or even as small as an arming sword.

Spectacular Member

The article also mentions a little about the tone of the movie:

Our sources indicate the feature will be a big departure from the sci-fi-action spectacle of other X-Men films and is instead being described as a “Stephen King meets John Hughes”-style horror movie. A comparison that might make people think of this summer’s hit series Stranger Things, albeit with even more super powers.

In addition, we’ve learned that New Mutants is being targeted for a spring 2018 release date and that the previously rumored casting is in fact accurate. There’s also another familiar face being eyed for the cast of the film with Nat Wolff (who starred in Boone’s The Fault in Our Stars) as the mutant Cannonball!

It could work as a huge sword I think. I say give anything a chance at this point.

I need to see Blue & Yellow suits though. I don't care about any excuses this time or film related reasons why not.

Spectacular Member

And if the information the movie will be released in Spring 2018 is true, then we pretty much have a date because Fox has a Marvel movie scheduled for March 2, 2018.

BANNED

I think Deadpool 2 will be the March release and New Mutants the June release.

BANNED

this news is so exciting! #fanboygasm Wow! I really do love the demon bear saga.

Hope we find out more about it very soon.