Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Arya:

We have X men who are treated horribly by Fox. They will join Inhumans teams. So instead of losing popularity they will have some popularity
    so, the inhumans are still leeches to the x-men franchising, but now they get to steal their characthers....
    the inhumans are the ones in need of popularity, not the other way around love.

That ivx cover is pathethic, not only a single A list on their side, while all the others on the x-side have been in videogames, cartoons and movies, the only oneīs that have actual star potential is darling sweet kamala and lunella.
    Itīs pathethic how irrelevant the inhumans are, yet here they are facing one of the most iconic superhero group of the entirity of pop culture on "equal ground".
    Itīs like blizzard trying to promote overwatch while shitting on their other important games like diablo/warcraft/starcraft.
    Last edited by myeldermoon; 09-04-2016 at 01:12 AM.

BANNED

myeldermoon :
    so, the inhumans are still leeches to the x-men franchising, but now they get to steal their characthers....
    If only Fox could do more with X men films... Most popular X men are safe. X men who are on the movies are safe. rest? maybe 1-2 will join inhumans...

Itīs pathethic how irrelevant the inhumans are, yet here they are facing one of the most iconic superhero group of the entirity of pop culture on "equal ground".
    We will see... right now it is not equal grounds".
    Inhumans have more time to prepare. Ulysses had vision before Civil War 2 issue 3...
    X men lost some of their most powerful members

Right now it looks more like this:
    Prepared Inhumans will fight equally against Extraordinary and Uncanny X men with some help (Cable, Rachel, remnants of Cyclops forces)

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I can definitely see some X-Men/Inhuman team forming after this event.

With the less than stellar sales of the Inhuman titles, I actually think it could be a great idea for 2 reasons...

01. With the inclusion of the more popular X-Men, sales might increase on some Inhuman titles.
    02. A positive relationship between Mutants & Inhumans might deter some of the "ridiculous hate" the Inhumans get on this section of the boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I'm also certain that it'll have the opposite effect.
    Well, I think that depends on how it's crafted. Right now, the basic impression is that the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners can't hold down their own comics. They had three books at the last relaunch. One of them was written by Charles Soule, one of Marvel's best writers who is also an exclusive. To date, one is getting canceled and the other can't even outsell X-men 92. This means that if Marvel wants to push the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners, the only way to do that is to leech off the popularity of others.

We're already seeing that with Civil War II to some extent. The Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners play a major role in that, but that story is primarily focused on Iron Man and Captain Marvel. Also, the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners don't come off as very friendly. They blow up Stark's HQ and basically thumb their nose at Storm when she tries to help them during the X-men tie-in. So to date, mixing and matching with other teams hasn't really worked.

That said, IvX could change that. If done correctly, it could create a situation where the X-men and the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners help each other. It may even benefit the X-men in the long run because if that's the only way for Marvel to prop up the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners, then they have an incentive to not marginalize the X-men or mutants. I think in the long run, Marvel's people understand that it's in their best interests as a business for both franchises to thrive and not just one. I hope those incentives will play out in IvX. However, the way it's currently shaping up, the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners will continue to get preferential treatment and that's going to make them easy to despise.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

Embrace the Fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I can definitely see some X-Men/Inhuman team forming after this event.

With the less than stellar sales of the Inhuman titles, I actually think it could be a great idea for 2 reasons...

01. With the inclusion of the more popular X-Men, sales might increase on some Inhuman titles.
    02. A positive relationship between Mutants & Inhumans might deter some of the "ridiculous hate" the Inhumans get on this section of the boards.
    How does this help the mutants? All I'm seeing is unabashed parasite-pimping, here.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 09-04-2016 at 09:27 AM.

BANNED

Arya:

We have X men who are treated horribly by Fox. They will join Inhumans teams. So instead of losing popularity they will have some popularity
    They really haven't been losing popularity. People still want to read about them. The problem is that the inhumans never gained any popularity. This doesn't help the X-Men at all.

BANNED

Arya:
    They really haven't been losing popularity.
    I think that X men who are not in movies are less popular than few years ago. Magik is one exception.

BANNED

Arya:

I think that X men who are not in movies are less popular than few years ago. Magik is one exception.
    The overall state of the brand is secure. The same can't be said for the inhumans. That's their problem. The X-men shouldn't have to bear their weight because they lack staying power.

BANNED

Arya:
    The overall state of the brand is secure.
    I agree. Brand as a whole is secure. Weaker than few years ago but secure.

The same can't be said for the inhumans. That's their problem. The X-men shouldn't have to bear their weight because they lack staying power.
    Ok. We will see if X men will really join Inhumans titles.

I don't think that any important X men will join them. Who can be send to inhumans?

BANNED

Arya:

I agree. Brand as a whole is secure. Weaker than few years ago but secure.

Ok. We will see if X men will really join Inhumans titles.

I don't think that any important X men will join them. Who can be send to inhumans?
    They don't get a choice in the matter. Writers do.
    Last edited by Arya; 09-04-2016 at 10:33 AM.

myeldermoon :

If only Fox could do more with X men films... Most popular X men are safe. X men who are on the movies are safe. rest? maybe 1-2 will join inhumans...

We will see... right now it is not equal grounds".
    Inhumans have more time to prepare. Ulysses had vision before Civil War 2 issue 3...
    X men lost some of their most powerful members

Right now it looks more like this:
    Prepared Inhumans will fight equally against Extraordinary and Uncanny X men with some help (Cable, Rachel, remnants of Cyclops forces)
    The equal ground that im talking about is not about power levels and story details, is about importance and relevance, this whole event is anoying because itīs like everyone pretending suddenly that madonna has the same acting skills of merlyn streep, is like saying beyonce should do a music with white garbage iggy azalea because clearly they are in the same level of performance and importance.

at least on avenger vs x-men they were both the BIG DOGS, immensly important franchisings, from anyone that hasnīt read a comicbook, you know that everything was about to go down.

Now we are going to have a "equal fight" agaist the editorial new favorite c and b lists, where the main royal family put together doesnīt have more comic apearenceīs that Storm alone.

Donīt you see a disparity here???

What anoys me is that this fight paints the inhumans and the x-men on equal importance when they are not! Itīs literaly beyond them, it doesnt help anyone. It enfuriates the x-men fans and doesnīt the inhuman books image.
    Last edited by myeldermoon; 09-04-2016 at 10:34 AM.

BANNED

myeldermoon
    Now we are going to have a "equal fight" agaist the editorial new favorite c and b lists, where the main royal family put together doesnīt have more comic apearenceīs that Storm alone.

Donīt you see a disparity here???
    I don't see any problem. I'll wait for the story and judge it after reading beginning.

BANNED

I don't think marvel will be crazy to supset x-men fans even more. x-men franchise sell lots of books, inhumans not so much.
    also the marvel studios separate from the comics, and marvel tv partneship with fox for x-men tv shows might help x-men on comics.

so things might not beso awful for the x-men.

All-New Member

My thoughts are that cyclops never did anything and may be in hiding or a hidden prisoner of the inhumans. In uncanny x-men 600 we see cyclops fall back inline with Xavier's dream and lead a peaceful demonstration. We also see beast get called out for all of his experiments that have lead to time continuum issues (the original x-men stuck in the present), because of this he storm off and joins the inhumans. He also displays a great deal of anger towards cyclops for his killing of Xavier during AVX. The time traveler Eva also tells him about the "Trial of Hank McCoy". I think the trial will be because of what he has done to frame cyclops and start the inhumans/x-men war. It may not work out that way. But right now it would seem the threads could go that way, or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredsux99 View Post
    My thoughts are that cyclops never did anything and may be in hiding or a hidden prisoner of the inhumans. In uncanny x-men 600 we see cyclops fall back inline with Xavier's dream and lead a peaceful demonstration. We also see beast get called out for all of his experiments that have lead to time continuum issues (the original x-men stuck in the present), because of this he storm off and joins the inhumans. He also displays a great deal of anger towards cyclops for his killing of Xavier during AVX. The time traveler Eva also tells him about the "Trial of Hank McCoy". I think the trial will be because of what he has done to frame cyclops and start the inhumans/x-men war. It may not work out that way. But right now it would seem the threads could go that way, or something similar.
    Welcome to cbr!!! Hope you enjoy the experience.

Forgive me if this was already addressed or theorized but could the terrigen mists have been negatively affected by those Spike/tower things that Crystal's Inhuman team has been investigating?

They boost the Inhumans' powers when in close proximity -- which would imply they influence terrigen on a very specific level -- so perhaps said spike/towers have altered the make up of the mists which is why they are now poisonous to mutants?