Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I wouldn’t necessarily say that especially with the nature of Hawks characters , I wouldn’t shocked if Either right before the movie or right after the movie comes out either right before the movie or right after the movie comes out hes killed again reborn looking like Aldis Hodge. Long as the movie definitely expect Hodge Hawkman to become default in all media (cartoons, toys, shirts & etc).

This , is Peacemaker can get a show anyone can , if a Talking Tree & Raccoon can become breakout characters anyone can all it takes is effort
    i agree, maybe I'm just an optimist but I'm gonna say they pull the trigger and pull a Kendra; reincarnate Carter into a black character. Obviously if he's well enough received on screen and there is legit interest there. People have been saying for a grip that Hawkman is the most natural character for organic racial diversification, everyone already knows that with his reincarnation power he CAN be any race, so what's so out of left field about them just utilizing it? Didn't they just commit to a Black Batman mini? that's more of a hail mary than Black Hawkman, so who knows what DC is trying to do. I'm all for, I'm here for Black Hawkman.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hawkman finally broke out of the reincarnation cycle just to be killed off and reincarnated again? That does sound like something DC would do.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Hawkman finally broke out of the reincarnation cycle just to be killed off and reincarnated again? That does sound like something DC would do.
    Well he's stuck in the 40s and the cycle is officially done, so if we get a new Hawkman then, well, for once he's actually a completely new Hawkman... Unless they cheat and make it an asynchronous reincarnation.

A new Thanagarian Hawk could be interesting. If we close Carter and Shiera/Shayera's book so soon after finally fixing it... At this point I say let them fly together in death for a while and begin anew.

Even Venditti's excellent solution to the Hawk problem still confuses some people so maybe just breaking away completely would give the new Hawkman a better chance.

Granted I prefer we don't lose Carter and Shayera, but I really don't want to torpedo all the work Venditti did and bring back reincarnation now that it's been sorted and they're on their last life. You can revive them if they die, but I want a new Hawkman to actually get to be his own thing at this point.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Which character do you mean? Appart from Jon Kent Ican really think of any male white character, who was created in the last 10 years and used in any significant capacity.
    I was talking about Jon and Damian who’s fairly recent he first appeared as robin in 2006 so I say he’s a fairly new character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchblack34 View Post
    I was talking about Jon and Damian who’s fairly recent he first appeared as robin in 2006 so I say he’s a fairly new character.
    2006 was 14 years ago that not that recent, and in both cases their ethnicity is kind of dictated by the ethnicity of their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'm not sure if it's something I see DC doing when they've never been as big on synergy as Marvel is.

Incredible Member

This thread hasn't been active in quite some time huh.

Couple new character got added to the DC universe.
    City boy

Spirit world

Incredible Member

The sales for all these characters probably aren't the greatest, but I wonder if these characters cultural histories makes hard for other writers to write them.
    Monkey Prince

The Vigil

I liked Monkey Prince. He’s a cool and I hope he isn’t forgotten.

Currently reading City Boy and enjoying it and it’s been good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    This thread hasn't been active in quite some time huh.

Couple new character got added to the DC universe.
    City boy

Spirit world
    That was my bad. I was supposed to keep updating as time went on but life happens (including Covid) and I forgot about it. Think I’ll work on a current Dawn of DC update because they’re doing really good right now
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I loved the We Are Legends imprint and hoped it inspire similar efforts in the future.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-13-2023 at 07:58 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That was my bad. I was supposed to keep updating as time went on but life happens (including Covid) and I forgot about it. Think I’ll work on a current Dawn of DC update because they’re doing really good right now
    No worries. Thats why I wanted to being it back. We have new POCs that hardly anyone is talking about so thought show everyone what's new.

Incredible Member

Last few months we've had some POC leading titles with one getting a ongoing & a movie so congrats Blue Bettle!

Steelworks

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

ETHNIC & RACIAL DIVERSITY

SOLO/DUO BOOKS
    Cyborg
    Green Lanterns
    New Super-Man
    Sideways
    Silencer
    Wildstorm: Michael Cray

TEAM BOOKS
    Justice League: Cyborg, John Stewart
    Justice League Odyssey: Cyborg, Jessica Cruz
    Suicide Squad: Amanda Waller, El Diablo, Katana, Killer Croc
    Titans: Steel (Natasha Irons)
    Teen Titans: Kid Flash, Red Arrow, Dijinn
    The Outsiders: Black Lightning Cassandra Cain, Duke Thomas
    Green Lantern Corps: TBA
    Immortal Men: TBA
    The Terrifics: Mr Terrific
    The Unexpected: TBA

GENDER EQUALITY

SOLO/DUO BOOKS
    Batgirl
    Batwoman
    Green Lanterns
    Harley Quinn
    Meta: Queen of Atlantis
    Raven: Daughter of Darkness
    Silencer
    Wonder Woman

TEAM BOOKS
    Justice League:Wonder Woman, Hawkwoman
    Justice League Odyssey: Jessica Cruz, Starfire
    Justice League Dark: Wonder Woman, Zatanna
    Suicide Squad: Amanda Waller, Enchantress, Harley Quinn, Katana
    Titans: Raven, Miss Martian, Steel (Natasha Irons)
    Teen Titans: Red Arrow, Dijinn, Crush
    The Outsiders Cassandra Cain
    Outlaws: Artemis
    Immortal Men: TBA
    The Terrifics: Phantom Girl
    The Unexpected : TBA

LGBT REPRESENTATION

SOLO/DUO BOOKS
    Batwoman
    Harley Quinn
    Hellblazer

TEAM BOOKS
    Suicide Squad: Harley Quinn
    Titans: Steel (Natasha Irons)

This thread is dedicated to a CIVIL DEBATE(!) about diversity and minority topics in the DC Universe and any bit of DC related media. Comics, cartoons, tv shows, video games, and live action!! What DC is doing right and what more can be done to improve this area. Come in with an open mind and respect sensible opinions!

I realize there is a New 52 version of this thread but since DC has gone through a rebirth I figured it's time for broader thread to be created. We'll discuss the DCEU, the DCAU, the CW verse, the Injustice universe but the emphasis will be on the source material aka comics. Do you think DC is doing a great job? Or is your opinion of the opposite? Discuss!
    Quoting this as I will be updating the first page very soon! Better late than never right! Haha
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

This week in you're interested be sure to check out some of these titles starring POCs.
    Spirit world #5

Static:Shadows of Dakota #6