Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Enjoy some Xanthe and Cassandra moments this week in Spirit World #6

Incredible Member

For those of you who have yet to see it be sure to check out Blue Beetle coming to streaming services

Incredible Member

Just found out Static has a Young adult Novel out. More content is always good for ya boy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Just found out Static has a Young adult Novel out. More content is always good for ya boy.
    Not this...

It's horrible and it's almost to John Ridley on Black Panther horrible.

Icon appears and comes off as offensive as you can get.

Static gets talked down to way too many times.

Extraordinary Member

Oh it’s out

Enjoy some Xanthe and Cassandra moments this week in Spirit World #6
    Xanthe. Hmmm. I don't know that name and can't find an entry in the WhoWho Binder. What's the story?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Xanthe. Hmmm. I don't know that name and can't find an entry in the WhoWho Binder. What's the story?
    Xanthe is a spirit envoy. Without spoiling too much she is a magic user that can communicate with spirits.

Today I learned Hawkman was reimagined as Native American in the 90s

In 1993, Hawkman was granted his own ongoing title off the heels of the Hawkworld series, which redefined the characterÂ’s alien origins on the planet Thanagar and its complex, problematic culture he would reckon with. Launched through a miniseries by Tim Truman, Hawkworld was continued by legendary writer John Ostrander.

In his six issues of Hawkman, Ostrander introduces us to an Anigiduwagi medicine woman Naomi Carter, known to her people as “The Faraway Woman.” In his final issue, Hawkman #6, we discover why. During this period of Hawkman’s history, there were a few active Hawkmen. One was the Thanagarian Katar Hol, who recently arrived on Earth in Hawkworld. Another, Carter Hall, was the reincarnated Prince Khufu and charter member of the Justice Society of America, who with his wife Shiera worked in their civilian lives as archaeologists. As a young woman, Naomi acted as a translator and guide to Shiera and Carter, helping them avoid sacred burial grounds and assisting them in returning misplaced or stolen artifacts to their rightful people.

Through the Halls, Naomi met a man named Perry Carter—in truth, a Thanagarian visitor to Earth named Paran Katar. The two fell in love and eloped to Thanagar, in defiance of Naomi’s parents and in deception of Paran’s, who claimed that Naomi herself was descended from Thanagarian colonists on a distant world.

Incredible Member

We got a big week of comics centering or involving POC's this week.
    Amazons Attack #2

City Boy #6

Incredible Member

Here's some more.
    Cyborg #5

Steelworks #6

Incredible Member

All right so the end of the year is fast approaching and I would say we've had a decent showing of POC characters both in comics and outside media. Almost every A-list hero has had a spin off POC have their own comic/mini. Any standout favorites amongst you all?

My highlights Spirit World. I'm a fan of fantasy and mythology and this hit a pretty good niche in the DC universe that can be expanded on given the chance. Xanthe is a outstanding characters with appeal that I would love to see in the future. Static was also a pretty good comic along with Green Lantern War journal.

As far as outside media, Blue Beetle has been one of the better DC movies to be released and it was a blast. Very fun even if it's another origin movie and the actor was phenomenal.

Here's hoping this character make more appearances in 2024 then just a diversity appreciation comic. Hopefully some more for Monkey Prrince.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 12-03-2023 at 11:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

All right so the end of the year is fast approaching and I would say we've had a decent showing of POC characters both in comics and outside media. Almost every A-list hero has had a spin off POC have their own comic/mini. Any standout favorites amongst you all?

My highlights were Monkey Prince and Spirit World. I'm a fan of fantasy and mythology and both of these hit a pretty good niche in the DC universe that can be expanded on given the chance. Marcus and Xanthe are both outstanding characters with appeal that I would love to see in the future. Static was also a pretty good comic along with Green Lantern War journal.

As far as outside media, Blue Beetle has been one of the better DC movies to be released and it was a blast. Very fun even if it's another origin movie and the actor was phenomenal.

Here's hoping this character make more appearances in 2024 then just a diversity appreciation comic.
    Have we seen monkey prince since Lazarus planet?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Have we seen monkey prince since Lazarus planet?
    You know what I totally forgot he was not released in 2023. Man time flies, but no I don't think we've seen him.

Extraordinary Member

You know what I totally forgot he was not released in 2023. Man time flies, but no I don't think we've seen him.
    He was in Batman vs Robin, released at the beginning of the year.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He was in Batman vs Robin, released at the beginning of the year.
    so in another month it will be a year
    I swear if a writer doesnt take care of their baby no one will. You gotta ground thease characters in locations where they can be apart of the DCU.