Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The rumor is that Dan Didio wasn't too fond of the character.
    I can dislike Hal Jordan & Cyborg (the New 52 versions) but that does not excuse me from not using them.

I can not keep tossing out I don't care for blank or splitting profits with Milestone, Priest or whoever excuses.

PROFIT overrules personal agendas.

Cassandra Cain even at her WORST could do better than Doomed and many more I can name.

I don't care how many Batman titles dominate the sale charts or a variation of his kids, his side chicks or the 4 white guys named Hal, Barry, Clark & Arthur.

I want to rule ALL the charts.

John Stewart & Static could DESTROY Miles & Sam Wilson.

Cain, Brown, Drake, Static, Jaime & Conner in a book cold outdo Miles, Nova, Khan and the Champions.

Yet we will never know with the personal agendas going on.

Ultimate Member

That's the irony...DC did and actually did OK. But for whatever reason some people pretend it never happened.
    Because they didn't care for who it was.

If it was Cyborg (the Johns version that so many hate) you would hear them.

Yet it was guys who many would rather not be around. The folks everyone keep asking for like Static. Because when he and others were being used it was not crumbs being tossed out.

It was not 18 issues of Green Lantern Mosaic with John being held hostage by that blown up planet.

It was not 52 issues of Steel in Superman's shadow.

It was not 45 issues of Static losing arms, fighting power rangers and a fake joker.

They were on the same level as others with a variety of stories. What folks have cried for Cyborg to have and not man vs machine.

That's the irony...DC did and actually did OK. But for whatever reason some people pretend it never happened.
    If they acknowledge that DC did try then that would nullify their complaints, it's like the people complaining about a lack of minority characters leading books but refuse to support a minority led titles like Green Lanterns because they're "Johns's creations"(obviously this must they're not real minorities I guess ), or Cyborg.

DC put of plenty of books that aren't supported by fans, well written books at that. I think it comes down to this minority is often used a shield for some people favorite characters, I realize that if it doesn't star the favorite minority character then it doesn't seem to count.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

BANNED

They are John's Creations. That is a Fact. Of which you are clearly a fan.

I shouldn't have to buy every POC book just so I can complain. IF I don't like the character, the writing, etc. I am not required to buy.it. No one forces all the white fans to buy every book starring a white character before they can complain.

Thus Geoff Johns can get points for pushing Cruz and Baz but that doesn't absolve him for doing everything he can to stuff John Stewart. Or not doing much of note at all with Cyborg during his JL run and bogging him down with a lame more machine then human design. Unlike the rest of the league.

And because they are Johns's creation makes them any less of a POC characters? that's the shittiest of excuses every character is someone else's creation.

The the point is you're not complaining about minority representation, you're complaining about one particular character but it's easier to use the fact the character is from a certain ethic background to get your points across.

It doesn't matter if DC was to create either new minority characters (which they actually have), if it's not that certain one you'll pretend they're not doing anything.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I listed all the female solo titles in the DC women thread and it's true! Cassandra Cain's solo series lasted 73 issues!! No other woman of color comes close, Hawkgirl only lasted 16 issues.

The only women to have more success than her are Wonder Woman, Lois Lane (in the 50's), Supergirl and Catwoman. She beats Harley Quinn, Barbara/Batgirl, Stephanie/Batgirl, Zatanna, Black Canary, Huntress, Powergirl and all the Marvel women!! Heck her solo lasted longer than the majority of the men in comics (DC or Marvel). Yet she hasn't gotten another shot at a solo title again in almost a decade :/
    You if you count Catwoman as POC (I usually don't), she would beat he by 10 issues.

But I think that after they ruined her char in One Year later, giving her fresh start was not the worst thing they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    You if you count Catwoman as POC (I usually don't), she would beat he by 10 issues.

But I think that after they ruined her char in One Year later, giving her fresh start was not the worst thing they could do.
    Since when is Catwoman a POC?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Pre flashpoint her mother was a Cuban refugee. But thats only mentioned in about 2 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Apparently Catwoman is half Latina. Of course much like Kyle and Kendra, that aspect is often ignored. I don't consider her a POC because DC and fans don't consider her one.

Although to be fair Kendra is depicted as a POC whereas with Kyle it fluctuates depending on the artist. Selina is always depicted as White though.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Finally! A spotlight on one of my favorite superheroes!!

Extraordinary Member

Apparently Catwoman is half Latina. Of course much like Kyle and Kendra, that aspect is often ignored.
    Wouldn't have made much sense to make that he huge part of her characterisation or appearance after she was allready around for more than 50 year when they retconned that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Wouldn't have made much sense to make that he huge part of her characterisation or appearance after she was allready around for more than 50 year when they retconned that.
    That's true and I'm glad they didn't. That just reeks of forced diversity in my view.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    And because they are Johns's creation makes them any less of a POC characters? that's the shittiest of excuses every character is someone else's creation.

The the point is you're not complaining about minority representation, you're complaining about one particular character but it's easier to use the fact the character is from a certain ethic background to get your points across.

It doesn't matter if DC was to create either new minority characters (which they actually have), if it's not that certain one you'll pretend they're not doing anything.

The point is if you have a chracter that has a loyal or decent fanbase stop trying to chase those fans off.

Stop acting shocked that at cons you get more questions about the MIA folks than who is in your books.

Stop acting shocked that no one wants to read your minority lead books because they don't care who the book is about. Because your white lead books are dealing with the same thing.

Stop yelling at fans that they don't care for diversity because they don't care for Cyborg, Jessica, Duke nor Simon. When you are not doing that when Antman, Black Knight, Ronnie Raymond and Talon don't sale.

Stop playing dumb when fans give you nasty reaction-see Black Wally West and try to blame the tv show when you have ignored outside media for years.

The point is if this is not about pets or agendas-why is there a burial, limbo, background fodder or cameo status being done to guys who under better management could help sales.

Jessica & Simon in their book does not EXCUSE the treatment of John Stewart or ANY chracter.

What's wrong with Jessica and Simon? I think their book is very entertaining and worth supporting. I don't care if they're Geoff creations, they are still compelling characters.

What's wrong with Jessica and Simon? I think their book is very entertaining and worth supporting. I don't care if they're Geoff creations, they are still compelling characters.
    I like their book, but Simon carrying around that stupid teddy bear in their situation is just inane.
    It looks absolutely idiotic on page.