Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    No wonder people always had a gripe towards Luke.
    I would have been fine with the transition had it not been for that "first choice" line. Matu was a father figure to him and David's retirement because his work as Batwing was what got Matu killed made logical sense with his characterization. While I wouldn't have been happy about it but I would have accepted the change and probably continued with the book. As it was it felt more like a slap in the face his fans so I dropped it instead and I've never warmed up to Luke as a result.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 10-19-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Here's one character I'd like to see return

Kahina Eskandari aka Iron Butterfly.

DC doesn't have a lot of heroes of Middle Eastern origin and I think she'd be pretty cool to have around. And her powers are rare enough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Bronze Tiger making a comeback!! I love the art and I hope he's here to stay!
    They kept the pre-crisis theme of Bats not being able to straight up beat Ben in a fight.

I am pleasantly surprised with this.

This new comic seems interesting! I hope that once the mini series ends the character doesn't just end up in limbo. I also like that it's based in Southland (aka South LA) because it isn't everyday we get real cities/locations in the DCU! Seems pretty modern as well

http://www.newsarama.com/31710-vigil...rn-issues.html
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

This new comic seems interesting! I hope that once the mini series ends the character doesn't just end up in limbo. I also like that it's based in Southland (aka South LA) because it isn't everyday we get real cities/locations in the DCU! Seems pretty modern as well

http://www.newsarama.com/31710-vigil...rn-issues.html

If it's half as good as Nighthawk was I'll take it

The last two Viglantes ended up in limbo - let's hope this one has better legs. I hope that he's given a chance to become integrated into the greater DCU and for that, he would need to be more than a former athlete to hold his own. Maybe he can get recruited by those monks who trained Adrian Chase? (I totally don't remember what the deal was with those guys, but it was a couple of universe reboots ago anyway...)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I would have been fine with the transition had it not been for that "first choice" line. Matu was a father figure to him and David's retirement because his work as Batwing was what got Matu killed made logical sense with his characterization. While I wouldn't have been happy about it but I would have accepted the change and probably continued with the book. As it was it felt more like a slap in the face his fans so I dropped it instead and I've never warmed up to Luke as a result.
    I thought David was a real interesting character. I enjoyed the first few issues of the book and Ben Oliver's art was amazing. I did hear negative things about Judd Winick leaving the book and knew that David retired being Batwing, but had no idea Luke was considered the first choice over David, according to Batman. I knew the situation was bad, but not THAT bad. That's just ridiculous on how editors allow writers to do stuff like that and expect fans to be happy about it. They don't realize this disrupts fanbases. I understand they want to make Luke be appealing to readers, but that's just the wrong way to go.

Astonishing Member

I thought David was a real interesting character. I enjoyed the first few issues of the book and Ben Oliver's art was amazing. I did hear negative things about Judd Winick leaving the book and knew that David retired being Batwing, but had no idea Luke was considered the first choice over David, according to Batman. I knew the situation was bad, but not THAT bad. That's just ridiculous on how editors allow writers to do stuff like that and expect fans to be happy about it. They don't realize this disrupts fanbases. I understand they want to make Luke be appealing to readers, but that's just the wrong way to go.
    Yeah. They said it in the same issue David left and then the next issue again when Luke came on and I assume afterwards but I never bothered past that. It was already going to be a hard sell switching in Luke, that didn't endear me at all.

The first time a lot of folks shrugged it off, as I did. "Oh, the writer probably meant Luke was first choice AFTER David, ok." But it was said a few more times and...ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    This series is over? Scratch one series from my pull list.
    My bad I was mistaken. The series didn't end last month with #16, it ended this month with #17. To be fair though last issue sold under 10,000 copies so it makes sense why DC would give it the axe. Hopefully Khalid shows up elsewhere

My bad I was mistaken. The series didn't end last month with #16, it ended this month with #17. To be fair though last issue sold under 10,000 copies so it makes sense why DC would give it the axe. Hopefully Khalid shows up elsewhere
    #17 isn't the last issue. #18 next month is http://www.dccomics.com/comics/docto...doctor-fate-18

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    The 'first choice" line was so unnecessary. It really pissed me off but I was catching up on Batwing in trade so I still gave Luke a chance.

It was entirely the wrong way to go about it and in the end it did absolutely nothing for Batwing's falling sales, which was ostensibly the reason for the change of character and location in the first place. I believe they may have thought that they would get enough Bat fans to buy the book to make up for the ones they lost with the way the transition was handled but that didn't happen so they ended up shooting themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah. They said it in the same issue David left and then the next issue again when Luke came on and I assume afterwards but I never bothered past that. It was already going to be a hard sell switching in Luke, that didn't endear me at all.

The first time a lot of folks shrugged it off, as I did. "Oh, the writer probably meant Luke was first choice AFTER David, ok." But it was said a few more times and...ok then.
    I did shrug it off initially but then they repeated it again and I was done with the book after that.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    The 'first choice" line was so unnecessary. It really pissed me off but I was catching up on Batwing in trade so I still gave Luke a chance.
    I gave him a chance much later during Batman Eternal but I didn't like him any better then and since I haven't bothered to be honest. The character does nothing for me at this point.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

I'm hoping we see him elsewhere as well. I've really enjoyed Doctor Fate and all the characters involved there. It's been a fun ride while it lasted.

Default October DC sales!!!

October Comic Sales
    (31) Wonder Woman #8 [66,405]
    (34) Wonder Woman #9 [64,555]
    (37) Harley Quinn #5 [62,943]
    (41) Harley Quinn #6 [58,827]
    (47) Green Lanterns #8 [52,025]
    (50) Green Lanterns #9 [49,434]
    (58) Supergirl #2 [45,692]
    (69) Batgirl #4 [40,778]
    (72) Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #3 [40,041]
    (80) Cyborg #2 [37,797]
    (84) Superwoman #3 [36,867]
    (94) Hellblazer #3 [33,596]
    (95) Blue Beetle #2 [33,454]
    (98) Cyborg #3 [32,505]
    (102) New Super-Man #4 [31,689]
    (220) Dr Fate #17 [7,854]

Mini-Series
    (123) Raven #2 [20,813]
    (128) Midnighter & Apollo #1 [20,497]
    (150) Vigilante: Southland #1 [16,264]
    (186) Suicide Squad's Most Wanted:El Diablo #3 [11,468]

I am honestly saddened to see Cyborg and Blue Beetle drop so much from last month! It's quite worrisome! It's understandable now that DC decided to make Cyborg a monthly series starting in January, he had a pretty large drop from his Rebirth and #1 issues. As for Blue Beetle, I hope his sales stabilize around that number because Jaime is too good of a character to go into limbo. It's quite unfortunate that the three lowest selling DC Rebirth series are led by a Black man, a Latino and an Asian man! I hope that doesn't discourage DC from pushing their minority characters (Simon and Jessica are doing pretty well).
    Last edited by El_Gato; 11-14-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

October Comic Sales
    (31) Wonder Woman #8 [66,405]
    (34) Wonder Woman #9 [64,555]
    (37) Harley Quinn #5 [62,943]
    (41) Harley Quinn #6 [58,827]
    (47) Green Lanterns #8 [52,025]
    (50) Green Lanterns #9 [49,434]
    (58) Supergirl #2 [45,692]
    (69) Batgirl #4 [40,778]
    (72) Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #3 [40,041]
    (80) Cyborg #2 [37,797]
    (84) Superwoman #3 [36,867]
    (94) Hellblazer #3 [33,596]
    (95) Blue Beetle #2 [33,454]
    (98) Cyborg #3 [32,505]
    (102) New Super-Man #4 [31,689]
    (220) Dr Fate #17 [7,854]

Mini-Series
    (123) Raven #2 [20,813]
    (128) Midnighter & Apollo #1 [20,497]
    (150) Vigilante: Southland #1 [16,264]
    (186) Suicide Squad's Most Wanted:El Diablo #3 [11,468]

I am honestly saddened to see Cyborg and Blue Beetle drop so much from last month! It's quite worrisome! It's understandable now that DC decided to make Cyborg a monthly series starting in January, he had a pretty large drop from his Rebirth and #1 issues. As for Blue Beetle, I hope his sales stabilize around that number because Jaime is too good of a character to go into limbo. It's quite unfortunate that the three lowest selling DC Rebirth series are led by a Black man, a Latino and an Asian man! I hope that doesn't discourage DC from pushing their minority characters (Simon and Jessica are doing pretty well).
    You might want to toss in All Star Batman since Duke has a backup in it. Yeah he is not the main star but it's still a solo story.

Cyborg issue is folks are tired of man vs machine and a few crumbs here and there. Folks want MORE.

And folks have low expectations for POC at DC because of previous track records. Why get excited about anybody of color after the treatment of Static, John Stewart, Cassandra Cain & Kyle. There is an issue when you are more than willing to tell those fans to get lost in favor of pets and unproven stuff.

And with the hatefest toward minorities going on at Marvel-why would Dc do anything to push beyond what they are doing?

BANNED

Suicide Squad 005-015.jpg

Finally an intriguing female black villain. And she has to be a Harley Quinn fangirl. Now im afraid they'll tie her to Harley. It would be nice if she can stand alone.