Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Post how will Doctor Strange effect the MCU ( marvel cinematic universe ) universe ?

as we know doctor strange will be the first marvel movie to really go into the realm of magic ! I'm thinking we could possibly see the introduction to maybe the different realities within the marvel universe ? its really going to be interesting to see what happens after this movie and how it will effect the following events within the MCU .

how do you guys think this movie will effect the MCU ?

BANNED

I reckon it'll have roughly the same effect as Ant-Man and Guardians Of The Galaxy. Add a few more characters and not really change anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I reckon it'll have roughly the same effect as Ant-Man and Guardians Of The Galaxy. Add a few more characters and not really change anything at all.

Well antman and GOTG didnt bring anything new to the table for the MCU as far as what they were dealing with. Antman was tech and GOTG was space and aliens both of which we have seen already. They just brought straight up comedy and some more heart more so GOTG. Strange is introducing a new element that is only vaguely explored with Loki. So it will have an effect buti dont think it changes everything just one morr tool in the tool box along with some cool characters(hopefully).
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-26-2016 at 11:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well antman and GOTG didnt bring anything new to the table for the MCU as far as what they were dealing with. Antman was tech and GOTG was space and aliens both of which we have seen already. They just brought straight up comedy and some more heart more so GOTG. Strange is introducing a new element that is only vaguely explored with Loki. So it will have an effect buti dont think it changes everything just one morr tool in the tool box along with some cool characters(hopefully)
    Let's first see if they're actually going to do magic, or have it be sufficiently advanced science again. I'm getting the impression that in the DCU they're the same thing, and I very much doubt that will change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 2britishnerdz View Post
    as we know doctor strange will be the first marvel movie to really go into the realm of magic ! I'm thinking we could possibly see the introduction to maybe the different realities within the marvel universe ? its really going to be interesting to see what happens after this movie and how it will effect the following events within the MCU .

how do you guys think this movie will effect the MCU ?
    There is virtually no chance that Dr. strange will introduce magic into the MCU. Marvel executives have stated repeatedly that magic does not exist in the cinematic universe, and I do not expect this to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Let's first see if they're actually going to do magic, or have it be sufficiently advanced science again. I'm getting the impression that in the DCU they're the same thing, and I very much doubt that will change.

Loki doesnt use adavnced tech he uses magic(Well both his scepter is tech). They never really get into it. When he in prison hes still casting illusion. Doubt they let him keep any tech why hes in prison. Other asgardians dont do it and it unnerved Volstagg. They might explain it as a vague, tapping into cosmic energy yada yada.

So worse case scenario imo is its some kinda cosmic energy they draw on instead of supernatural forces from another dimension.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-26-2016 at 11:48 PM.

BANNED

Loki doesnt use adavnced tech he uses magic(Well both his scepter is tech). They never really get into it. When he in prison hes still casting illusion. Doubt they let him keep any tech why hes in prison. Other asgardians dont do it and it unnerved Volstagg. They might explain it as a vague, tapping into cosmic energy yada yada.

So worse case scenario imo is its some kinda cosmic energy they draw on instead of supernatural forces from another dimension.
    Sufficiently advanced science doesn't necessarily rely on tech.

BANNED

Well antman and GOTG didnt bring anything new to the table for the MCU as far as what they were dealing with. Antman was tech and GOTG was space and aliens both of which we have seen already. They just brought straight up comedy and some more heart more so GOTG. Strange is introducing a new element that is only vaguely explored with Loki. So it will have an effect buti dont think it changes everything just one morr tool in the tool box along with some cool characters(hopefully).
    I get the feeling Kevin Feige doesn't like magic, is the reason it's not in the movies, and why we probably won't see it with Dr. Strange...especially if past information and interviews hold true. Maybe he thinks the idea of its stupid or something, and it not being there is some stupid little producer/studio head quark? The last Dr. Strange trailer sure made it look like everything he did was done with his amulet, so he's probably just using a Infinity Gem.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I get the feeling Kevin Feige doesn't like magic, is the reason it's not in the movies, and why we probably won't see it with Dr. Strange...especially if past information and interviews hold true. Maybe he thinks the idea of its stupid or something, and it not being there is some stupid little producer/studio head quark? The last Dr. Strange trailer sure made it look like everything he did was done with his amulet, so he's probably just using a Infinity Gem.
    The sorcerer supreme might be able to do extra stuff because of the stone but everyone else in the movie is gonna be using "Magic" aswell. How supernatural they keep it iono. They could just be vague like they are with Lokis magic but i doubt they do that.

“Magic is magic in this movie. It’s not something that’s explained away scientifically. It’s not something that’s easy to define. As magic should be. Magic should be mysterious. There’s mystery to magic and there’s mystery to the tone of the movie. Mystery is a good thing.”

--Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah, I get kind of sick of the "there is no Magic in Asgard!" stuff as well.

Loki and Frigga's illusions were pure magic based.

Loki showed mild telekinetic abilities which could be magic and definitely isn't tech.

Mjolnir had a damn magical enchantment placed on it....

One of the warriors three mentioned Thor "conjuring some lightning" when taling about Midgard.

They DID move away from them being outright Gods... but still... super advanced alien dudes who live for thousands of years would look like Gods to humans.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Amazing Member

It's adding Magic to the MCU. They have super science (Iron Man, Hulk, Ant Man, Vision), aliens (Thor, GotG), and runaway genetics (Inhumans, standing in for the X-Men). A whole quadrant of the 616 storytelling milieu has been left on the shelf until Dr. Strange. No coincidence that we are getting Ghost Rider in SHIELD.

Magic, without the grounding I hope it will get in Dr. Strange, can too often be a deus ex machina. I think that is a primary reason that it was kept out of the movies. In the comic books, Loki, Dr. Strange and Scarlet witch have a powerset that is pretty much "everything", and that's just not good storytelling.

For the purposes of this Phase of the MCU, it's another tool in the upcoming fight against Thanos. Hulk smash and a handful of arrows and thrown shields are not quite Thanos level.

For the purposes of the next phase, it opens the door to a couple heroes, but more importantly a whole array of villains. It also opens up an opportunity for backdoor diversity, as the magic community in Marvel is less 1963 than the rest of the heroes.

i wouldn't be surprised if the eye of agamotto was an infinity gem, it got infinity power for supreme sorcerer.

Doc Strange will be a big help against Thanos, hopefully if the producer Thanos wont make Thanos defeated easily in a 2.5hrs film.

as Clint Barton quoted "The city is flying and we're fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow. Nothing makes sense."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    “Magic is magic in this movie. It’s not something that’s explained away scientifically. It’s not something that’s easy to define. As magic should be. Magic should be mysterious. There’s mystery to magic and there’s mystery to the tone of the movie. Mystery is a good thing.”

--Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson
    Are you watching the Cosmos series? That’s magic, [the quantum physics]. It’s unbelievable. If somebody knew how to tap into that stuff, what’s the difference between that and magic?

You don’t get into it in Harry Potter, but if a scientist went to Hogwarts he’d find out how some of that stuff is happening! We’re not going to spend a lot of time on that, but there will be some of that. And particularly for a character like Strange, who goes from a man of science to a man of faith and who traverses both worlds. And sometimes there won’t be an answer! Sometimes he’ll want an answer - “How is this happening?!” - and nothing.

-- Kevin Feige, Head of Marvel Studios
    Kevin Feige Explains How Magic Will Work In DOCTOR STRANGE

Now maybe he's changed his mind on this, but I'd be kind of surprised. It's not like the Thor movies don't do that magic based character and setting exactly the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by ByPrimus View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if the eye of agamotto was an infinity gem, it got infinity power for supreme sorcerer.

Doc Strange will be a big help against Thanos, hopefully if the producer Thanos wont make Thanos defeated easily in a 2.5hrs film.

as Clint Barton quoted "The city is flying and we're fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow. Nothing makes sense."

In some of the still u can clearly see an infinity gem inside of it. Which is fine, something is only supernatural if we cant explain it, doesnt mean it cant be explained. Thats why i hate tryong to define magic in a cinematic universe. Where does Stranges magic come from in the comics, its like a supernatural force from another dimension or someshit right? Well if Dormammu broke down how it all worked is that what makes it not magic anymore?

So even if this movie uses infinty stones and cosmic energys, as long as they dont completely explain how it works and call it magic is it still magic? Same with loki they dont explain how he or frigga do what they do, but Thor makes a statment that magic is just science we dont understand yet so its all discounted. Someone who is bothered by all this give me a clear explanation on why loki isnt using magic and what would make Stranges world advanced science and not magic. Like a criteria, cause magic is vague to begin with.