Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks! I'm loving the Superman books these days.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I'm gonna say it.

If you don't like the current SUPERMAN run,you are a pinko commie.

When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

This looks like a lot of fun!

Side note: This is the second time that we've been given a preview 2 weeks out for the Superman book. It's doing the best of the Superman books in sales and buzz, so are the early previews due, in part, to that? It's probably also worth pointing out that Superman got early solicits recently. Didio also says this book along with Super Sons (I guess the idea of the book) are his favorites/most anticipated.

Getting such positive buzz for an in continuity Superman book probably has DC scrambling to figure out how to push it and it's aspects.

Interesting time to be a Superman fan.

Looks like we have the explanation for Krypto coming back .

Though he looks less classic Krypto we saw before and more like the Dire Wolf New 52 Krypto. Be curious to see which version we end up with going into the Dinosaur Island arc.

KRYPTOOOOOOOO!

He better still look like the big wolf/husky thing- I want at least one piece of the late great Superman flying around kicking tail.

This is a blast and a half. I may still be salty about Superman's death, but I can sure recognize a fun comic when I see it! Awesome.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ack, the scene of Krypto coming loose reminds me of the scene from John Carpenter's The Thing when the doggie starts assimilating.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

That's not your dog Superdad.

BANNED

this comic is so crazy, krypto forming and biting superman arms is nuuuuts!

Wouldn't be surprised if Tomasi is taking this from Morrison. This is all very similar to Superman pulling Krypto free of the Zone in the Halloween issue while fighting Xa-Du
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm gonna say it.

If you don't like the current SUPERMAN run,you are a pinko commie.

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/su...zwhod.jpg.html

But... KRYPTO! Please, please let it be 52 Krypto. I was thinking these few weeks how cool it would be if 52 Krypto 'adopted' Superdad, Lois and Jon.

Make him smaller than a direwolf if needed. The size of a big dog like a german shepherd or husky.

Wow. Just the possibility of this being 52 Krypto...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_U7cHJ60RWo...mile%2Bcry.gif
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-26-2016 at 04:48 PM.

It probably is still New 52 Krypto, but I'm betting he'll look like a retriever now for good. Again I think it will be explained as a situation where Eradicator injected Krypto with Jon's genome and was going to offer it as a gift to the new, pure Kryptonian Jon. The added genome will explain why his appearance has changed. But I still think it'd be cool if Krypto could make either genome dominant at will. When its Kal's, he goes direwolf mode, when its Jon, he's the retriever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It probably is still New 52 Krypto, but I'm betting he'll look like a retriever now for good. Again I think it will be explained as a situation where Eradicator injected Krypto with Jon's genome and was going to offer it as a gift to the new, pure Kryptonian Jon. The added genome will explain why his appearance has changed. But I still think it'd be cool if Krypto could make either genome dominant at will. When its Kal's, he goes direwolf mode, when its Jon, he's the retriever.
    I could live with that.

I've been debating on posting this. Well, here goes.

3 days ago I watched Jungle Book. In the exact same night I watched it, I dreamed of dogs. My sister used to breed a big breed, Berner Sennenhund. That was 8 years ago, nowadays she lives in a smaller house and has no dog of that breed.

The dream was in a murky dreamscape, and 3 big dogs I couldn't identify were close to me. I let them sniff my hand, but they didn't react. They were neutral, not agressive but didn't lick my hand either.

We started walking through this dreamscape, and I had the notion that I was guiding them.

Eventually we passed through some 'limit', a portal of sorts. Beyond that, it seemed were all the dogs my sister used to have, not only the Berners. As they started to get closer and I started to recognise them, the dream ended.

As I woke up the next day and talked to my brother I realised that the 3 dogs had guided me, not the reverse. It was cool since it had been some long years since I dreamed of dogs.

And now just this possibility.

http://www.jaiom18.com/wp-content/up...-Happiness.jpg
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-26-2016 at 05:06 PM.

I'm pretty sure he's just gonna look liked he looked in issue 3. It's pretty confusing as to why he looks like that now, but Tomasi and Gleason have a very particular aesthetic and feel that they seem to want to evoke. And as far as the majority of readers go, it seems to be resonating pretty well. One of the main compliments that this book gets on the regular is how warm and inviting it feels.

So however they'll explain it (if they'll explain it any time soon) I think changing Krypto to this more recognizable look was an active choice by the creators to "mesh" with the feel and aesthetic of this current book.

Maybe it's time rewriting itself, Eradicator tampering with him (though he names Krypto as the last pure blood Kryptonian inside him so I'm not sure it's that), or some other form of contrivance. The bottom line, to me, is that they wanted this look. Givin Tomasi and Gleason's "lets tell fun heartfelt stories now and fix continuity later" approach (and said approach largely working out) I feel like the explanation with either be quick or a "wait till we explain everything else" sort of deal.

All in all I'm fine with this Krypto. He's got a cape

Last edited by Superlad93; 08-26-2016 at 05:18 PM.

The pixelation from Newarama doesn't do Gleason's artwork justice. Check it out here http://www.comicosity.com/first-look-superman-6/