just saw the trailer for this in theaters last weekend and it's been bothering me. maybe it's because all of the major characters are presented as complete stereotypes in the trailer... it's like what would happen if somebody fused the worst aspects of Family Guy and Glee into a single film, lacked their idiosyncrasies, and then tried to give it 'heart'.

and why bother making this an animated film to begin with? there's nothing in the story I've seen presented that recommends it to be fully animated... unless they want to try and bank on kids watching it because of the anthropomorphic animals.

and I just learned that there are 85 pop songs being referenced in the movie... that seems like an awful lot of licensing fees! with all of the 'big names' they threw into this film... it just seems like a case where the idea might have been better served by using more obscure actors... or just making it live-action. the reason the "Pitch Perfect" franchise kept going is because they started off with keeping things small, indie, and within a reasonable budget.