Default Indigo Appreciation

Seeing as how she's gotten some exposure following her appearances on the Supergirl tv series, I thought I'd give her an appreciation thread. Share your thoughts on Indigo, what ideas you'd like for her,do you like her as a hero or villain. etc.

I have no idea who this character is.

What issues of the comic books did s/he appear in?

Astonishing Member

definitely started off was one of the worst characters ever. Both in her introduction and the fact that the outsiders were so stupid to think they could reprogram her.

However, she had pretty good character growth and made me care enough that I sniffles at her death.

Definitely better as a villain in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I have no idea who this character is.

What issues of the comic books did s/he appear in?
    She first appeared in the Titans/Young Justice crossover series called Graduation Day as an android from the future that got Donna killed. It... wasn't good.

She was later used as a regular cast member in Judd Winick's Outsiders run.

Her look sort of reminds me of Mystique.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 08-26-2016 at 09:52 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Her look sort of reminds me of Mystique.
    The comic version has a different look

So here's my take on an Indigo story; she isn't a Brainiac drone but comes from a race of robots that was enslaved by him. SHe sets out to free them. The story would also address much of the hypocrisy regarding non-human sentient life by the DC heroes.

I always thought she was cool. I would have liked for her to have been brought back as a hero again.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

I loved her Indigo self and her Brainaic 8 self.

I'd love her halves to be split at some point in the comics. Though keeping her as a kind of Jekyll and Hyde good and evil would be fun as well.

I adored both halves.

And it'd be interesting if she factors into Rebirth somehow. She IS from the future and Brainiac 8 wants Donna Troy dead. So she could in theory play a role in the tamperings of time/reality which Wonderwoman's playing up a lot. Not even gonig into the Brainiac being from Convergence.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 03-09-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Looks like Indigo will be returning in the upcoming Supergirl annual. I wouldn't have liked her as a villain but oh well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Looks like Indigo will be returning in the upcoming Supergirl annual. I wouldn't have liked her as a villain but oh well.
    Yep. I know I'm hyped to seeing what her deal is here.

I actually do lover her Brainiac 8 and Indigo personas in equal measure so I'm looking forward to it regardless. Though I do hope her good side gets to make a return IE the ACTUAL Indigo. As I'd love her to be a character no one knows whether to trust hero or villain because of her two personalities.