Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default is Priest's Deathstroke the best current DC rebirth comic?

its probably the best deathstroke comic in years

what about the best overall dc rebirth comic?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    its probably the best deathstroke comic in years

what about the best overall dc rebirth comic?
    Well its only been two issues so we need to let the story grow some more. Everyone will have different opinions but for me the top tier are:

Detective Comics
    New Superman
    Green Arrow

And Deathstroke would be somewhere after that alongside Superman, All Star Batman, and Wonder Woman

You ask "the best" something to ten people, will probably get at least 8 unique answers. "Best" is subjective.
    "Most surprisingly plot" or "More detailed art" is still subjective, but you will get fewer answers, and could somehow compare.

Radar Sense Bitches !! Matt Murdock's Swagger's Avatar

I've enjoyed it so far but Priest needs to tone down the political stuff a bit, he seems to go a little over-board sometimes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Murdock's Swagger View Post
    I've enjoyed it so far but Priest needs to tone down the political stuff a bit, he seems to go a little over-board sometimes.
    I agree....his political overtones fit with something like Black Panther

it just seems odd with Deathstroke

Slade never seemed to be someone who was interested in politics compared to say a King like T'challa

Mighty Member

I really enjoy Deathstroke. It's probably my favorite pull right now, next to Flintstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Slade never seemed to be someone who was interested in politics compared to say a King like T'challa
    I don't get the impression that Slade himself is too interested in the politics, but "getting paid tons of money while also maybe preventing genocide" seems more or less up his alley. He's getting paid to further other people's agendas and if he's inclined to interfere he'll at least wait until the check clears.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I really enjoy Deathstroke. It's probably my favorite pull right now, next to Flintstones.

I don't get the impression that Slade himself is too interested in the politics, but "getting paid tons of money while also maybe preventing genocide" seems more or less up his alley. He's getting paid to further other people's agendas and if he's inclined to interfere he'll at least wait until the check clears.
    Yup. Which makes a book about a cynical, amoral assassin the most apt book to contain political matter.

(Seriously, you NEVER create a book with only one string to play with. You start with the effect of killing on self and family, but you need something else...and politics works quite well with assasinations)(not to mention the folks who could afford Slade are kinda few in number, with governments at the top of the list).

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Honestly, if it's quality holds, it may be the best thing ever done with Deathstroke, period.
    Last edited by The Beast Of Yucca Flats; 08-27-2016 at 08:48 AM.

Is a great comic with great character and great person in charge with interest .... one of the best comics.

Astonishing Member

There's just no way I'm going to call it the "Best" comic of Rebirth after only two issues. (Where do I even begin with a best? King and Seeley are writing Wayne and Grayson ... Rucka is Ruckaversing Wonder Woman ... I think Tomasi's Superman is so good, though I realize that one's pretty divisive these days ... and on and on and on.)

But I feel pretty comfortable saying it might be Rebirth's "Biggest Comeback". The prior New 52 Deathstroke comics were both just so over-the-top terrible. I don't think Slade has been this cool since ... eesh, definitely not the post-Blackest Night Titans: Villains for Hire book. Definitely not the Infinite Crisis stuff, or Identity Crisis stuff. Or his weird oversaturation and transitions in the late 90s. I think this is the best Deathstroke has been without Wolfman being the one writing him, hands down, and that I will say gladly after only two issues.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Really looking forward to the issues Batman and Damian will show up in, have a feeling those will be phenomenal.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

He needs to tone down the political stuff, and make sure to not go Black Panther in terms of long-term plans characters have. The first two issues generally made sense... then apparently it was all a plan by some guy to get Slade into his new outfit. Just sayin', as someone who really liked a lot of his BP run, the inevitability that it was all according to T'Challa's plan in some way got annoying.

Anyway, I wouldn't put it at "best". My top 10 are:

Wonder Woman
    Nightwing
    Batman
    Titans
    The Flash
    All-Star Batman
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
    Detective Comics
    Aquaman
    Suicide Squad: Most Wanted (for the El Diablo story)
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 08-27-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    Well its only been two issues so we need to let the story grow some more. Everyone will have different opinions but for me the top tier are:

Detective Comics
    New Superman
    Green Arrow
    we have very similar taste. I would have said Deathstroke is second tier along side Action Superman and Aquaman though.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Personally I like Batman the best, i know I am the only one, but still.

It's definitely one of the best.