View Poll Results: who tells better stories ?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • marvel

30 71.43%
  • dc

12 28.57%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Post Does Marvel produce better movies than DC because they tell better stories?

sorry for the typo ! what i mean is ...

Marvel produce better movies then DC because they no how to story tell ?

when we get to the core of the marvel and dc movies the main to big differences is marvel know how to tell stories while dc seem to struggle to have structure within there story that they tell within there movies .
    Last edited by 2britishnerdz; 08-27-2016 at 04:01 AM.

Unglaublich!

That spelling....

Anyway, for me personally, I think that the Marvel stories are better. But that's primarily going to be because I've never been much of a fan of any DC characters. Yes, I've watched the films but the comics have been largely ignored by me.

Marvel has always been my first port of call for comics and I don't see a reason for that to change. Unless they actually do axe the X-Men, but that's a whole different topic!

Not even considering the storytelling, getting their act together with the editing of their movies would come a long way improve WB pieces to begin with.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Spectacular Member

i agree WB really need to get their act together and change their restructure within the DC universe ! the editing in Suicide Squad wasn't good .....

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Not even considering the storytelling, getting their act together with the editing of their movies would come a long way improve WB pieces to begin with.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2britishnerdz View Post

when we get to the core of the marvel and dc movies the main to big differences is marvel know how to tell stories while dc seem to struggle to have structure within there story that they tell within there movies .
    Man of Steel was a cohesive story, with a defined beginning, middle and end, and some people still didn't like it. Granted Superman Returns also had a three act structure and people didn't like that film either.

Suicide Squad was fine. If anything was out of place, it was the soundtrack for the movie. Like, that was the last thing to be added after the movie was put together.

Well considering DC produced the only superhero film that made it into the BBC's top 100 greatest films of the 2000's...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Marvel make better movies by default because DC don't give a crap about the movies they're making, they're just trying to grab that Avengers money without hiring good directors or good script writers. BVS shows how much DC wants to rush through the groundwork for a cinematic universe. Marvel gave most of the heroes their own movies, DC gave them a 10 second clip in Wonder Woman's gmail inbox. Plus Zack Snyder still has a job there despite producing two massive critical failures for their universe, just cements my points, DC don't care.

So Marvel wins by default. Don't even need to get into how good Marvel movies are.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, with MCU movies, you get the impression that the directors love and understand the characters. More than that, Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, etc are just as important as Captain America, Spider-man, etc.

DC has a greater hurdle in that regard, IMO, making us care about Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, etc, but not an impossible one to overcome. They also need to insist on actual acting, and breaking up traditional tropes. Will Smith's Deadshot, and his relationship with Flag, was like Wolverine's relationship with Cyke in the X-Men movies, and we know how that ended.

Marvel's knocked it out of the park with plenty of non traditional movies (Guardians, Ant-man) while DC colored inside the lines with Suicide Squad, a series that begs to go outside them.

At the moment it's not even a contest. Though I really wish it was...

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Honestly at the end of the day, for me anyway, it all balances out though. Sure Marvel has the better Movies and digitally distributed shows, but DC has the better Comics, cartoons, TV shows & video games.

So yea it would be nice if both DC & Marvel were great in all areas, but atm they both have their ups snd downs.

On the brightside though the DCEU has nowhere to go but up. Both Wonder Woman and Justice League look like they will be solid films.

So yea, who knows, maybe eventually both companies will balance out in all areas of entertainment, only time will tell.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Man of Steel was a cohesive story, with a defined beginning, middle and end, and some people still didn't like it.
    compared to BvS and SS, critically MoS was LOVED
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Is there some sort of mission from the zombies to park at least one of these articles on this board at all times? News flash they are both doing well they are both making movies that people want to see. 4cbms are in the top ten this year and the other six are cartoons. Well I guess jungle book isn't a cartoon. Dc is kicking butt. It's actually crazy with 8 tv shows 2 movies actually three with Lego bat man coming next year a well received rebirth and animated movies rolling out its crazy how much good stuff is going on.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, with MCU movies, you get the impression that the directors love and understand the characters. More than that, Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, etc are just as important as Captain America, Spider-man, etc.

DC has a greater hurdle in that regard, IMO, making us care about Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, etc, but not an impossible one to overcome. They also need to insist on actual acting, and breaking up traditional tropes. Will Smith's Deadshot, and his relationship with Flag, was like Wolverine's relationship with Cyke in the X-Men movies, and we know how that ended.
    @bold
    That sounds like a personal problem, mate. For instance: going back to the Nolan Batman films, can you honestly say that you cared about Bruce Wayne in the trilogy? The story and characterrs around him were great, Bale as Batman was great, but Bale as Bruce Wayne? Who cared?

Nobody reads or watches Superman media for Clark Kent. Superman is the attraction. The audience doesn't care about Clark and Lois' relationship, they care about Superman and Lois' relatopnship and that goes all the way back to the Donner film.

It's all about putting the characters in situations you want to see them overcome and the actions they take to overcome them.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Both Wonder Woman and Justice League look like they will be solid films.
    I wouldnt bet on it.

Spectacular Member

its true ! WB make a lot of money to care about the DC universe ! they are all about getting that avengers money and in doing so have rushed and really destroyed the DC universe .

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Marvel make better movies by default because DC don't give a crap about the movies they're making, they're just trying to grab that Avengers money without hiring good directors or good script writers. BVS shows how much DC wants to rush through the groundwork for a cinematic universe. Marvel gave most of the heroes their own movies, DC gave them a 10 second clip in Wonder Woman's gmail inbox. Plus Zack Snyder still has a job there despite producing two massive critical failures for their universe, just cements my points, DC don't care.

So Marvel wins by default. Don't even need to get into how good Marvel movies are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Well considering DC produced the only superhero film that made it into the BBC's top 100 greatest films of the 2000's...
    I thought this was about both extended universes.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."