Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Question Civil War Mistakes (Ant-Man)

I'd like to specifically talk about Ant-Man here, In the Ant-Man movie Hope says that "when you r small energy's compressed so you have a 200 pound man behind a 100th of an inch wide. you are like a bullet". so that means when he becomes big he still should have his normal strength which means he can not lift trucks like he did it in the movie right? what do you guys think about this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nirockzzz View Post

I'd like to specifically talk about Ant-Man here, In the Ant-Man movie Hope says that "when you r small energy's compressed so you have a 200 pound man behind a 100th of an inch wide. you are like a bullet". so that means when he becomes big he still should have his normal strength which means he can not lift trucks like he did it in the movie right? what do you guys think about this?
    There are so many contradictions ibn ant man that it's pointless to try to make sense of them all. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Fantastic Member

Basically, Pym Particles trump physics every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    Which is one of the things that the movies and the comics have in common. It works.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Which is one of the things that the movies and the comics have in common. It works.
    True, though it should be noted that weight and mass are two different things

BANNED

Stop trying to find two brain cells to rub together in this movie.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    There are so many contradictions ibn ant man that it's pointless to try to make sense of them all. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Haha true, that's one way of doing it. , but it's always interesting to learn all this movie science.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about comic book and movie science.

Most of these characters powers would not work if you analysed them in any great detail.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

Most of these characters powers would not work if you analysed them in any great detail.
    Hulk smash...conservation of mass and energy!

I like Peter's quip about Cap's shield and the fact it doesn't obey the laws of physics at all.

Comic Book magic!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I like Peter's quip about Cap's shield and the fact it doesn't obey the laws of physics at all.

Comic Book magic!
    And that was probably his only real quip in the entire movie .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

When Rhodey fell his metal helmet definitely wouldn't have cushioned his fall survivably. Although I find the part where he still thinks his sacrifice has meaning to be the less believable part.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    When Rhodey fell his metal helmet definitely wouldn't have cushioned his fall survivably. Although I find the part where he still thinks his sacrifice has meaning to be the less believable part.
    I don't think he said it had meaning so much as the risk of getting hurt was something he had always accepted his entire career.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    Ant-Man theory somewhat relates to physics, the formation of black hole is explained in physics as such.

Black holes form when the center of a very massive star collapses in upon itself. The core collapses completely into a gravitational singularity, a single point containing all the mass of the entire original star. The gravity in such a phenomenon is so strong that it overwhelms all other forces, to the extent that even light can not escape from it, hence the name black hole.