View Poll Results: who tells better stories ?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • marvel

30 71.43%
  • dc

12 28.57%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Rock View Post
    Quick Trip. There is a 7-11 in Kansas City, but on Missouri side.
    Casey's seem way bigger in Kansas. They've got Quick Trips too, but they basically disappear onces you're out of Oklahoma and in Kansas. Missouri is covered in Casey's too, and it seems like the little towns almost all have Dairy Queens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    listen, i grew up in a tiny town in north carolina and i had a sears. it was where we all went to go shopping for hardware and appliances plus clothes etc. that sort of excuse is not going to fly with me. garden city, ks - which has a population of only about half the size of my hometown has a sears.

a simple google search shows tonnes of sears throughout kansas. same for 7-eleven. there's one in bonner springs, ks which has a population of only 7,000. try again.
    Was your town set up like one little Main Street? Because that's what the town area of Smallville looks like in Man of Steel. It looks like a bunch of farms, and one tiny main street drag area. I've grown up in places like that too, they weren't a bunch of mom and pop places and then a brand new Sears, 7-11, IHOP, and Home Depot. In Kansas it would probably be more like a Casey's and a Dollar General.

Next time you go through Kansas play spot the 7-11s, and then see how many of them make up the total gas stations you come across in little towns. It's not going to be many.

Didn't I say before that the 7-11s were around Kansas City? I know I wrote it in a post, but I don't remember if I delete it. Anyways...it looks like you pointed out a town outside Kansas City that's on a major highway. I'd guess Bonner Springs also has about all the chain fast food places too, and maybe like five other gas station. I'm also going to guess they aren't some big farming area.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Bullshit. There's no reason there can't be humor in the end of the world. And there's really no reason there can't be any in the end of the world for comic book Thor.
    Nicely worded comment, I've been moderated for less.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Was your town set up like one little Main Street? Because that's what the town area of Smallville looks like in Man of Steel. It looks like a bunch of farms, and one tiny main street drag area. I've grown up in places like that too, they weren't a bunch of mom and pop places and then a brand new Sears, 7-11, IHOP, and Home Depot. In Kansas it would probably be more like a Casey's and a Dollar General.

Next time you go through Kansas play spot the 7-11s, and then see how many of them make up the total gas stations you come across in little towns. It's not going to be many.

Didn't I say before that the 7-11s were around Kansas City? I know I wrote it in a post, but I don't remember if I delete it. Anyways...it looks like you pointed out a town outside Kansas City that's on a major highway. I'd guess Bonner Springs also has about all the chain fast food places too, and maybe like five other gas station. I'm also going to guess they aren't some big farming area.
    garden city, the one example i used with a sears to disprove your assertions, is set up exactly the way you ask. so was my hometown.

bonner springs, the town with the 7-11, has farms and farming activities all around it.

so your increasingly speciifc requirements still are not enough in this scenario.

the people who work on these films are paid to do this sort of research (which they have gotten right in this case), you know.

In terms of movies during the past decade, Marvel has had more success, but I don't think Marvel has a leg up over then DC in terms of quality stories, just different types.

Also, Marvel has had good fortune to get the right people involved that understand how to make a decent block buster, previously on a budget now without as large as constriction but within a workable frame work.

Both them apparently suck on TV - Movie integration which is disappointing other then then the fact that more of the tv work for both has been good so far.