View Poll Results: who tells better stories ?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • marvel

30 71.43%
  • dc

12 28.57%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Says who? Unless they mentioned him being Adam West Batman at some point in BVS, this has been the consistent Batman BVS has presented us with, there was no hints that him branding people was somehow out of character. No one seemed remotely phased by it except Clark. Unless this was some crap shoved into the ultimate cut, i don't see it in the theatrical cut?
    Alfred specifically calls him out on the branding and says that he's never done this before. The people reporting on it are clearly troubled by it, especially given it's getting prisoners killed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    My apologises your right. That means the dc films are better as iron man and Thor weren't good. It took captain America and avengers to progress the mcu
    Iron Man is still one of the best movies they've turned out, and the first Avengers movie was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Things being different from the comics do not make a movie better or worse. It just makes it different from the comics.
    I have zero problem with deviating from the source material. I'm one of the like 3 people on the internet that seems to have no problem with making the Mandarin a joke in Iron Man 3. I'm saying from an objective perspective, I'm still not sure how Man of Steel comes close to topping the first Iron Man. Whether it be writing, directing, acting or even just plain fun, Iron Man blows it out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I have zero problem with deviating from the source material. I'm one of the like 3 people on the internet that seems to have no problem with making the Mandarin a joke in Iron Man 3.
    The Mandarin wasn't a joke though, it was genius. IM3 is a blockbuster that does the political angle right. The Mandarin is a construct by the military industrial conflict as a means to pursue endless war against an effigy be it against bin Laden, Hussein, or Feinstein.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member

I have zero problem with deviating from the source material. I'm one of the like 3 people on the internet that seems to have no problem with making the Mandarin a joke in Iron Man 3. I'm saying from an objective perspective, I'm still not sure how Man of Steel comes close to topping the first Iron Man. Whether it be writing, directing, acting or even just plain fun, Iron Man blows it out of the water.
    Exactly.

For my money, Iron man 3 was one of the better superhero movies in the last few years. I had zero problem with the Mandarin thing because fidelity doesn't make a superhero movie good IMO.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The Mandarin wasn't a joke though, it was genius. IM3 is a blockbuster that does the political angle right. The Mandarin is a construct by the military industrial conflict as a means to pursue endless war against an effigy be it against bin Laden, Hussein, or Feinstein.
    Quoted in agreement.

Mighty Member

Yes as Batman v Superman showed us all, it's jokes that make superhero movies bad.
    Humour has it's place. The end of the world, AKA Ragnarok, isn't that place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Humour has it's place. The end of the world, AKA Ragnarok, isn't that place.
    Bullshit. There's no reason there can't be humor in the end of the world. And there's really no reason there can't be any in the end of the world for comic book Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Aren't we just a bundle of sunshine.
    I'm just stating the truth. I've seen the trailers or teasers (whatever you want to call them) for both WW and JL and they did nothing for me. I'm holding out hope for WW as she was easily the best thing about BvS, but JL looks terrible from the small sample that we have. Also, why sugarcoat it, but WB/DC has released 3 mediocre to crappy movies in a row. What makes anybody think these next two flicks will break that trend?
    Last edited by tkitna; 08-28-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    I'm just stating the truth. I've seen the trailers or teasers (whatever you want to call them) for both WW and JL and they did nothing for me. I'm holding out hope for WW as she was easily the best thing about BvS, but JL looks terrible from the small sample that we have. Also, why sugarcoat it, but WB/DC has released 3 mediocre to crappy movies in a row. What makes anybody think these next two flicks will break that trend?
    Fox has X3, XMO XA and the 3 FF movies under their name, but they still managed to pull off Deadpool, DOFP, First Class and The Wolverine. Hopes are still high for X-Force, Deadpool 2 and Old Man Logan.

Things can change.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 08-29-2016 at 12:17 AM.

BANNED

I never said MoS came close to tapping, or rivalling even, the first Iron Man movie. Snyder is a crap director who makes visually stunning movies that storywise kinda ramble and run for so bloody long he has to cut out roughly 30 minutes of scenes that are needed to make the film work.

And IMO the Mandarin was a good (but not great) villain in Iron Man 3, it's just the he was played by Guy Pearce instead of Sir Ben Kingsley (whose Trevor Slattery character was easily the best part of that movie). He even says so at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Things can change.
    Lets hope so

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Bullshit. There's no reason there can't be humor in the end of the world. And there's really no reason there can't be any in the end of the world for comic book Thor.
    Exactly.

Any permutation how you'd want to fill in the variables of tone, mood and theme in a work of fiction can work if done well. Some may come across as weird or unusual, and some have grown into genres.

The key words there are "if done well". That's where DC tends to flounder.

Fantastic Member

Well avengers May be deemed craps it did progress marvel. Man of steel is a great superman movie, yes with a couple flaws, but I think it gets chewed out far to easily because dupes shaped a neck

Things being different from the comics do not make a movie better or worse. It just makes it different from the comics.
    One can expect some fundamental elements to be carried over an adaptation, nonetheless.
    Reed's Genius, Jean's telepathy or Bruce Wayne being a first-class detective as the Batman.

And what's wrong with Lois investigating the bullet? It's her job. Well, it's Batman's job, but he's not in his right mind, which the movie makes a point of spelling out.
    It's not that.
    The issue with her investigation is that there's no pay-off to it in this movie (I don't consider her telling to Luthor's face "I know what you did" a satisfaying one). It's not even relevant to Luthor being arrested at the end (or at least, acknowledged by a statement of sort from one of the characters iirc).
    That's as pointless a subplot as it can get.
    Remove it, and you allow the movie room to breathe.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."