View Poll Results: who tells better stories ?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • marvel

30 71.43%
  • dc

12 28.57%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes was the best Marvel animated show, though. They followed the DCAU blueprint and created an great show, that felt like the Marvel comics of old.
    That was a good one, and Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty good also.

But hands down I think the best animated episodic show from Marvel/DC was Young Justice.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Aren't we just a bundle of sunshine.

Edit: I will say though in terms of theatrical releases overall I think DC still has the best superhero film. Because as far as i'm concerned none of the other DC or Marvel films have been able to beat Batman: Mask of The Phantasm in terms of overall quality.

Yes a animated film from the early 90's is better then all the 21st century CBM's combined, go figure.

But hey, that's just my 2-cents.
    I watched that movie in the theatre, so it counts.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Cause he served no purpose. His advice is always shitty advice, and his death is the dumbest of any heroes parents i can think of atm. Worse then having sandman kill Uncle ben, like 10x worse. Its not badly acted, its badly written. In BvS his vision quest scene was dumb and weird aswell. When smallvilles version of a character is vastly better you got a problem.

Jor el was the only inspirational or likeable guidng force for clark. His speech he gives clark when learns to fly is one the few things in the movie I really enjoyed. Zod was good whenever he was on.screen aswell.
    Eh Idk his basic advice was don't trust these ppl and you don't owe them **** and he was right. Not exactly optimistic but yeah spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Eh Idk his basic advice was don't trust these ppl and you don't owe them **** and he was right. Not exactly optimistic but yeah spot on.
    Spot on for who? Not Ma or Pa kent. These ppl are suppose to raise a man to become the most decent good hearted man in the world. Literaly the best of us. The comics and even smallville make you believe that, DCEU kents are selfish and put clarks secret before anything else(as most parents would) The kents arent most parents though they have to raise a guy whos jesus level good.

They should be the most optimistic and least cynical people in the world. Sure, modern audiences aren't interested in the stark morality plays that some classic superman interpretations play out like, but drowning the concept in a relentless murk similar to that of the visual palette is just too much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How is Pa Kent terrible?
    Subjectively.
    He's just seems wrong every time he opens his mouth.

I did like his trippy scene in BvS though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    They do design a whole fight around product placement.
    What was the product?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What was the product?
    The Smallville fight shows off 7-11, IHOP, Home Depot, U-Haul, and Sears. Admittedly, it's hard to notice

Worth noting that none of those stores are actually in downtown Plano, IL.

It's product placement in the truest sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Worth noting that none of those stores are actually in downtown Plano, IL.

It's product placement in the truest sense.
    And they wouldn't be in some tiny little Kansas town. The gas station would probably be a Casey's, not even sure they have 7-11s in Kansas.

BANNED

The Smallville fight shows off 7-11, IHOP, Home Depot, U-Haul, and Sears. Admittedly, it's hard to notice.
    Okay, not being American, those are just generic shop names to me. They're not things that exist outside of fiction overhere in any way that counts.

BANNED

Okay, not being American, those are just generic shop names to me. They're not things that exist outside of fiction overhere in any way that counts.
    7-11s are all over the world. Sears were the owners of the Sears Tower. Did you just think those were made up places that showed up in a number of different things?

7-11s are all over the world. Sears were the owners of the Sears Tower. Did you just think those were made up places that showed up in a number of different things?
    sears and 7-11 are some of the most basic stores that are found all over the country. why don't you rage against the fire department or the post office too?

Astonishing Member

What was the product?
    You mean you don't know mos made $200m just on product placements alone?

BANNED

There are no 7-11's in Belgium, or in most of Europe. They apparently have them in the Scandinavian countries (or so says Wikipedia).
    And the Sears Tower is about as well-known to your average Belgian as Den Boerentoren is to you. And we most certainly do not associate it with a chain of shops.