Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    well but then the very act of replying then makes it a functioning and active thread and make reopen the discussion which is a positive.
    Sweet Jesus, this comment made my head hurt from the sheer facepalm.

I think the main problem is that Silver Surfer's overall power level exists in that relatively sparse zone where almost no notable DCU characters reside: too powerful to be a mere planet-buster, but not powerful enough to be a legit galaxy-buster. Hmm, let's call that in-between zone "star-buster" class (less of a mouthful than saying/reading/typing "Solar System Buster").

The Current DCU has planet-busters and galaxy-busters, but no star-busters. So either the Silver Surfer stomps the DC's earthbound heavy hitters like Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Shazam and Hellbatsuit Batman (all at once), or he himself gets curbstomped by the DC's cosmic heavy hitters like the Spectre, Anti-Monitor, Nekron, Lucifer Morningstar.

Not sure where post-Rebirth Darkseid, Captain Atom or Doctor Fate rate these days.

Pre-COIE Superman or Pre-COIE Darkseid (and New52 Captain Atom) beat Norrin pretty soundly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2britishnerdz View Post
    as we all know the cosmic power that the silver surfer has is super super super powerful !! i can't imagine anyone within the DC universe that can beat him or maybe I'm wrong ?
    Swamp Thing.

And beg your pardon but yes, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Swamp Thing.

And beg your pardon but yes, you are.
    How can Swamp Thing even hurt SS? Granted Norrin can't really beat ST as he can reform elsewhere; but in a rumble he loses.

I think the closest to Surfer is Takion. Lightray could be good choice as he can create stars from nothing.