Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Superboy prime, Firestorm, waverider, damage he could absorb energy to create big bang in zero hour.
    strange visitor, black racer, gog, captain atom, as model, zauriel, zattaba, Dr fate, the demon.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Superboy prime, Firestorm, waverider, damage he could absorb energy to create big bang in zero hour.
    strange visitor, black racer, gog, captain atom, as model, zauriel, zattaba, Dr fate, the demon.
    Not so sure about Prime, what's his reaction speed like? Plus, I don't recall feats for Prime for transmutation resistance. I don't believe Firestorm has a shot here since Norrin is literally light years faster. Were speed even equalized, does anyone have any feats for Firestorm that are planetary in level as far as matter manipulation or energy dispersal?

As far as Wave Rider, I can't substantiate whether or not his ability to move through time is a speed based thing....I haven't found anything in that character's continuity that actual supports the notion so, pending feats suggesting otherwise, I'll go with a "no" for Wave Rider. As far as damage output for Wave Rider, nothing honestly comes to mind that suggest's he has the firepower to drop Norrin.
    ----------------------------------
    "...the guy who went to 'Nam and never came back..."

Maybe the Black Hand could beat Surfer through the power of thread necromancy.

Spectacular Member

Nelson Doctor Fate probably has a shot. Darkseid, Pre-Crisis Vartox, Mordru, Time Trapper, High Father, Validus, Shazam the wizard? All chatacter who at one point or another were explicitly stated or at least heavily implied to be more powerful thac PC-Kal. Extant who had the powers of both a lord of Chaos and a Lord of Order as well as Waveriders abilities?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Just to chip in on Waverider, his abilities to negotiate the timestream were native to him and his wrist bands allowed him even greater control.

Given his default somewhat intangible nature and his temporal abilities, he might be able to survive a basic power blast and then go into super slow time or something but I'm not recalling anything that would actually make him capable of hurting the Surfer.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Looking back over his feats actually, apparently Waverider can freeze people in time on contact.

That might be an option for him to win.

Man, Waverider was pretty cool. I wish he wasn't dead/Booster Gold right now.

Spectacular Member

The Android Hourman deserves a mention as well here I think.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

There are a variety of what are essentially single appearance characters in both Marvel and DC who can beat Surfer. People who the JLA spends a story fighting. The Queen of Fables, for example, had passive planetary reality warping which generally left the JLA helpless. Then you have the various established cosmic types.

Beyond that, it is hard to match the Surfer and still be considered a "character." A big part of his shtick is that he straddles the line between being a cosmic force of nature and a dude who still has hopes and dreams.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    how is exactly is bats gonna prep for SS?
    Get some Power Cosmic for himself?

It'd be worth it for seeing a bucknaked Batman traversing the Universe on skates or skis or a skateboard or whatever.
    Last edited by Carabas; 07-20-2017 at 09:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Get some Power Cosmic for himself?

It'd be worth it for seeing a bucknaked Batman traversing the Universe on skates or skis or a skateboard or whatever.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Bloodlusted Silver Surfer is practically a one man Justice League, extremely dangerous and immensely powerful. Nonetheless though, there are a few characters in DC who could realistically take him, some without much difficulty at all.

Silver Age Superman - Most Superman incarnates would get downright stomped by a bloodlusted Surfer, but the pre-crisis version was practically a mid sky father level being. A casual galaxy buster, who could move planets with ease, "blow out" supernovas, and "run faster than infinity" whatever the hell those last two mean. Someone like him would probably be able to give Surtur or Galactus some trouble, no way the Silver Surfer alone would beat him.

Darkseid - Most versions of Darkseid were Justice League team busters. So, it serves to reason that Silver Surfer (One Man Justice League, like I said above) too would fall to him. Further evidence of this is the Marvel-DC crossover where did fight and I believe Darkseid won as expected.

The Spectre - Near-omnipotent being who's power source comes directly from The Presence. Surfer is strong, but dealing with someone who actually has the power of... well, god is a little out of his ballpark.

I'm not very knowledgable on his power level but I think Kent Nelson Dr. Fate could probably do it too, heard he has some really WTF level feats. Silver Age Captain Marvel by that logic would probably do it too for most of the same reasons SA Superman would.

But other than those guys the only real threats to Surfer would be abstract or high cosmic level beings with galactic or universal level busting. He's one of Marvel's most powerful superheroes and really does a good job dispelling the myth that their superheroes are always weaker than DC's
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Splendid. With little bat-fins on the sides.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Maybe the Black Hand could beat Surfer through the power of thread necromancy.
    if the thread hasnt been locked or deleted then you can hardly say it is defunct.

if the thread hasnt been locked or deleted then you can hardly say it is defunct.
    "de·funct
    adjective
    no longer existing or functioning."

If there hasn't been a response for nearly a year, fairly certain "defunct" fits the bill actually.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "de·funct
    adjective
    no longer existing or functioning."

If there hasn't been a response for nearly a year, fairly certain "defunct" fits the bill actually.
    well but then the very act of replying then makes it a functioning and active thread and make reopen the discussion which is a positive.