Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Post What movie from Image comics would you like to see on the big screen ?

Image has so many dope comics that I would love to see on the big screen ! But if I had to pick I would love to see Invincible in the movies . Invincible would be such a crazy dope movie if it was ever put into production .

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Paper Girls. But maybe as a TV series rather than a movie.

Astonishing Member

I would love to see more comic movies on the big screen other than just dc and marvel. Vertigo has some great stuff to. Maybe a lot of them are more at home on the small screen though I don't know.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Paper Girls. But maybe as a TV series rather than a movie.

This. Paper Girls would make a great TV series. Get it on HBO or Netflix and you're set!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Out There would make a great TV show on Netflix.

A great one for a movie trilogy would be Crimson. Vampires, Dragons, Angels, Demons this book had it all.

BANNED

None of them.

But I'd very much like to see these on the small screen. Well, I say small, but televisions have gotten pretty huge these days.

An oddly effective mix of noir style detective and cthulhu-style horror.

A post-apocalyptical (non-nuclear) political thriller with swordfights about the handful of families who rule the world. Kinda like Games Of Thrones with less nudity, set in the future.

Seriously weird stuff (murder, mayhem, death cults, time travel, biblical stuff, psychic powers etcetera) in a high shool setting.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'd rather have these as TV shows:

East of West
    Lazarus
    Morning Glories
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Alan Moore's Supreme and Brandon Graham's Prophet could make for some good movies.

From the classic era of Image, I want ShadowHawk on the big screen. I wish Wesley Snipes could have gotten it made when he tried in the '90s. A new Spawn would be great, too.

From more recent years, Thief of Thieves. Especially since it looks like the TV show's not going to happen.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Spectacular Member

paper girls would be really dope as a tv series ! I'm really loving the book

Spectacular Member

never say never ! if it happens it would be totally sick !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    From the classic era of Image, I want ShadowHawk on the big screen. I wish Wesley Snipes could have gotten it made when he tried in the '90s. A new Spawn would be great, too.

From more recent years, Thief of Thieves. Especially since it looks like the TV show's not going to happen.

Amazing Member

I would think the obvious choice would be Saga, as a movie series. Seems like a can't miss franchise.

Most of the titles are probably a little to in depth to really work successfully as a two(or even three) hour film.

The series idea some folks have pointed out makes more sense, and may actually be on the way in one instance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pulpmonster View Post
    I would think the obvious choice would be Saga, as a movie series. Seems like a can't miss franchise.
    I'm almost surprised we haven't heard of anyone picking up Hipster Star Wars yet. Could probably even be done on the cheap. Probably could be done on the cheap so much that doing it as a tv shows wouldn't even be a problem.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I love Saga, but have a hard time seeing it work as a TV show and certainly not as a movie. It's just not structured the right way.

A lot of BKV's stuff (Runaways, Y: The Last Man, Paper Girls) seems tailor-made for adaptation, but some (Saga, Ex Machina) would be very challenging.