Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Magneto and Doom are the two most credible earth threats in Marvel history. Thats why every X men reset goes through a Magneto storyline...not Xavier, not Apocalypse, not Sinister..not Legion. Lol. Not the little Inner Circle. Not Cyclops. Magneto is the most feared mutant in history. Legion was killed in 4 issues..lol. Carey even did another make belief storyline and he lost again. Magneto has slapped around Doom, the Avengers, X teams at the same time, Proteus, Xavier, Thor, Hulk...what the hell has Legion ever done? Two storylines and he ended up getting chumped to no end in both. Lol@losing to Bishop..yeah...MAJOR THREAT...beware, Fantastic Four of Legion. Hilarious.

Magneto is much more brilliant than Legion and would ousmart him every time without CIS involved. Thats why Magneto is in charge and Legion is useless again.

And this is pre Gestalt.

BANNED

What book...comic was that?

BANNED

Ditto... I want to know that too.

When did Magneto's helmet become an anti-telepathy device in the comics too? That was always Juggernaut's deal. Magneto just resisted psis with good old fashioned willpower(or through distortion of the earth's EM fields).

Curse you Fox-Men movies!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It's X-Men Legacy vol 2 by Si Spurrier. Legions last book.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I know what story that is from, I'm just asking when did the comics adapt the movie canon? Magneto's helmet was not an anti-telepathy device back in the day.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I know what story that is from, I'm just asking when did the comics adapt the movie canon? Magneto's helmet was not an anti-telepathy device back in the day.
    My post was actually directed at the two who asked what book it was from.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It must've been Morrison.

It was in the movie first, then Ultimate X-Men in 2001, then New X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Oh..the Bendis era Magneto where they had him ultra powered down in a book that catered to Legion...lol. Knew it couldnt have been a flagship book...Marvel editoral would never go for that. Well...current Magneto who outplotted the FF, Avengers, Cap, and the X teams to take Genosha would never ever be jobbed to a c lister like Legion in a money storyline. Magik is pushed more than Legion...get real.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    It must've been Morrison.

It was in the movie first, then Ultimate X-Men in 2001, then New X-Men.
    Nah..it goes back to the 80s..it blocked telepathy in the Avengers/X men mini...he took control of everyone's mind with ease too. But Magneto with no helmut always had a highly resistable will to telepathic control. Not surprising since he controls a fundamental force of nature of the universe.

BANNED

Magneto has been much more of a earthly threat than Legion... Legion has been a joke 90% of his existence..in his shining storyline..he failed and killed his own father. Then Bishop toppled him in a reset. He's all hype and no action.

Shadow King is a astral form entity that does nothing but lose and talk a big game. The Avengers, the FF dont even acknowledge him. Lol.
    Magneto thinks bigger than Legion, I'll give you that. Magneto thinks in terms of building a machine to amplify his powers so he can turn off the lights around the world to blackmail world leaders into giving him what he wants. So, his ambitions are larger in scope than Legion's, however, Legion is a much more powerful foe in actual battle than Magneto, to be frank with you.

Regarding Magneto and Shadow King, Magneto is a more iconic villain. This is why he is used more broadly in the MU outside of the X-Men than SK. That said, SK is a more powerful and much more dangerous threat than Magneto considering what SK can do. He can control billions of minds across the planet without anything boosting his powers. Heck, he even orchestrated a way to shut down the powers of every telepath and mystic on the planet so he'd have no opposition when he sought to mind control the planet's population. Since then, his ambitions have widened in scope to where he wants to use the X-Men as his army to conquer not only this entire dimension, but the others as well...or something like that I recall.

If I were a member of the X-Men team, I would much rather have to go up against the threat of Magneto than the threat of the Shadow King. If the X-Men are written up to par, Magneto really doesn't stand a chance against them in battle. All they'd have to do is locate him (they've never had any trouble finding him), show up, and use their powers to beat him up. The threat of the SK is not so easy as he can beat the X-Men telepaths, hide out on the Astral Plane out of the reach of all the team save for the telepaths (who don't stand a chance against him), and shield himself from detection as he jumps from host to host.
    Last edited by rutog98; 09-02-2016 at 04:37 PM.

BANNED

He's supposed to be faulted for being brilliant? And he turned the lights off around the world because no one did anything about Zero Tolerance..you know when mutants were hunted like straight animals worldwide while the avengers and Fantastic Four were content in their mansions? lol. And turning the lights off around the world and crushing the magnetosphere is something that Storm could never do in any era or timeline.

Legion has never done anything against anyone of note...he's not a A lister or anything close to it. Wanda in House of M beat the whole universe basically. Franklin Richards created a pocket universe. Nate Grey shattered dimensions. Legion falls apart once his frail mind can't take what he's done and gets bested by Bishop? LOL. Get real.

Shadow King isn't even more powerful than Xavier and damn sure has never affected the world like Magneto. Believe me, if he was a threat, Thor or Surfer would of stopped him quick and that would be that.

Magneto..basically a god that needs all the X team members for them to survive fights is supposed to be lesser than an Astral entity and a group of X-Men who can't even beat the Marauders candidly? LOL. They couldn't find Magneto after Fall of Avalon and damn sure didn't find him until he wanted to be found after the Planet X fiasco. So they've always been cold on Magneto trails for years....

He's supposed to be faulted for being brilliant? And he turned the lights off around the world because no one did anything about Zero Tolerance..you know when mutants were hunted like straight animals worldwide while the avengers and Fantastic Four were content in their mansions? lol. And turning the lights off around the world and crushing the magnetosphere is something that Storm could never do in any era or timeline.

Legion has never done anything against anyone of note...he's not a A lister or anything close to it. Wanda in House of M beat the whole universe basically. Franklin Richards created a pocket universe. Nate Grey shattered dimensions. Legion falls apart once his frail mind can't take what he's done and gets bested by Bishop? LOL. Get real.

Shadow King isn't even more powerful than Xavier and damn sure has never affected the world like Magneto. Believe me, if he was a threat, Thor or Surfer would of stopped him quick and that would be that.

Magneto..basically a god that needs all the X team members for them to survive fights is supposed to be lesser than an Astral entity and a group of X-Men who can't even beat the Marauders candidly? LOL. They couldn't find Magneto after Fall of Avalon and damn sure didn't find him until he wanted to be found after the Planet X fiasco. So they've always been cold on Magneto trails for years....
    Sweetie, your bias is showing. You might also want to read up on all the characters you mentioned.

Wait...are you serious?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

If Storm had no moral boundaries, no one could stop Storm.

She is an Omega level mutant.

She defeated Wonder Woman easily.

Simply unstoppable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    If Storm had no moral boundaries, no one could stop Storm.

She is an Omega level mutant.

She defeated Wonder Woman easily.

Simply unstoppable.
    Simply bull$hit!