Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Pedro Almodóvar Wants To Direct A Deadpool Movie With Quentin Tarantino

In a recent interview with the NewStatesman while in London for his new film Julieta, director Pedro Almodóvar (Volver, The Skin I Live In, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown) brought up how he'd like to do a Deadpool sequel:

Yet he unexpectedly reveals an ambition to direct a Deadpool movie, following Tim Miller’s recent blockbuster about a superhero with healing powers. “I’d love to do that, but the script would have to be by Quentin Tarantino, who would be prefect for this movie. I’d like to co-direct that script with him. That would be a real possibility, if he wanted to do it.”

Even the big franchises are reaching out to unexpected directors – Sam Mendes for Bond, Paul Greengrass for the Bourne movies – so would Almodóvar take a call from the producers of either?
    “These sorts of films, they are really in the hands of second-, third- and fourth-unit directors and post-production – but in my films, everything you see, I have had contact with,” he says. “Many of the elements in the film are actually mine: I buy things and then use them in a movie, or bring them to the set from my own home. And I couldn’t give up that control.”

Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Inglourious Basterd, Django Unchained) just so happened to be quite the fan of Almodóvar.

Recently he started an email chain with a bunch of influential friends (he didn't say who) and asked them to name the ten most exciting filmmakers working today. The only two who were on everyone's lists were David Fincher and Richard Linklater. "The fact that Pedro Almodóvar would not be on everybody's list is a mystery to me," said Tarantino.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 08-28-2016 at 04:17 AM.

BANNED

Kind of surprised nobody seems to find this interesting at all.

BANNED

The Quentin Tarantino script kinda kills it dead. H's never really shown any inclination he wants to do superheroes, nor done anything that he can do superheroes. Or that he can bring that kind of comedy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Quentin Tarantino script kinda kills it dead. H's never really shown any inclination he wants to do superheroes, nor done anything that he can do superheroes. Or that he can bring that kind of comedy.
    If I'm not mistaken, hasn't Tarantino specifically said he doesn't want to do superhero movies?

That combined with the likelihood (after Deadpool's success) of this actually happening...prolly kills any intrigue into the matter.

I remember reading that Quentin Tarantino said he wanted to do a Luke Cage movie. I don't see that happening now.

He'd produce an...interesting script to say the least if he ever did a superhero movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, hasn't Tarantino specifically said he doesn't want to do superhero movies?
    I recall reading something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    I remember reading that Quentin Tarantino said he wanted to do a Luke Cage movie.
    And that's probably from the same interview.

Mind you, Tarantino doesn't really want to do Luke Cage, he wants to do "Tarantino Finally Does Blaxploitation" and call that Luke Cage. Which I don't see Marvel letting him do.

BANNED

Besides Deathproof, everything since Kill Bill has had some comic book aspect to it. He also makes funnier movies than Deadpool. Django Unchained feels like a superhero movie, and The Hateful Eight's costume design makes it feel more comic book than comic book movies. And Deathproof probably has a bit of that too.

I don't know, it sounds pretty unreal, and if it was just Fox saying they wanted him from Deadpool I'd say it would 100% not happen at all to the point it's not even interesting to talk about. But that isn't the case, it's Pedro Almodóvar, a director Tarantino seems to greatly like saying he wasn't to do this and he wants Tarantino to work with him on it.

Last edited by simbob4000; 08-29-2016 at 03:03 PM.

BANNED

I recall reading something similar.

And that's probably from the same interview.

Mind you, Tarantino doesn't really want to do Luke Cage, he wants to do "Tarantino Finally Does Blaxploitation" and call that Luke Cage. Which I don't see Marvel letting him do.
    So you're saying he wanted to do a better version of original Luke Cage.

Mighty Member

There would no doubt be more profanity that violent scenes in the sequel if Tarantino would be involved.

Incredible Member

Tarantino doesn't seem like he would be a good pick for a Deadpool movie. He'd be a better fit for a remake of Witch Mountain or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Rock View Post
    Tarantino doesn't seem like he would be a good pick for a Deadpool movie. He'd be a better fit for a remake of Witch Mountain or something.
    This seem like such an utterly bizarre opinion that I've got to ask why you dont think he would be a good fit for a Deadpool movie?

Mighty Member

no way, man! he should totally do a Care Bears reboot!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    no way, man! he should totally do a Care Bears reboot!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    This seem like such an utterly bizarre opinion that I've got to ask why you dont think he would be a good fit for a Deadpool movie?
    Why do you think he is a better fit for Deadpool than Witch Mountain?

BANNED

Why do you think he is a better fit for Deadpool than Witch Mountain?
    Why do I think one of the best action directors working right now would be a good fit for Deadpool?