Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Solo, Slapstick, Foolkiller, Mosaic, Hawkeye, Prowler, Iron Fists

How many of those are going to get to issue 12? Will there be the same type of conversations about them if they get cancelled after 6 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post

How many of those are going to get to issue 12? Will there be the same type of conversations about them if they get cancelled after 6 issues?
    Really 99.99% of the characters out there can't make past 6 issues let alone reach 12. Every once in awhile a character can catch lightning in a bottle, like Wolverine did in the 80s and like Deadpool is now. But that's very very rare.

this is why they advertise Lunella as the smartest character in the Marvel Universe. you have to force people to pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I was really bummed to read about this cancellation. I really have enjoyed the series so far, minus the choice to use running shoes instead of boots by the artist, it honestly was a distraction for me lol. Hopefully at some point in the future Marvel will give Nighthawk another series, maybe plan it out as a mini series so there is less of a commitment.
    Maybe Walker can bring him into Occupy Avengers at some point.

BANNED

was this comic really that good?
    Last edited by Random4; 08-30-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really 99.99% of the characters out there can't make past 6 issues let alone reach 12. Every once in awhile a character can catch lightning in a bottle, like Wolverine did in the 80s and like Deadpool is now. But that's very very rare.
    You've got the general gist of what I was saying although I'd argue that success should not necessarily be measured as being as successful as Wolverine or Deadpool.
    I think that for the comics I mentioned they get a pass mark at least if they put out 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    People will look back on this series in years, and recognize it as one of the greatest work of comics on the level of The Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen
    Lets not get ridiculous. Nobody cared at all about this title till it was cancelled, now its suddenly critically acclaimed and even comparable to genuine good comics.

Extraordinary Member

It actually was good tho. Oh well that should still be enough time to finish out this story arc. Most comics these days dont go beyond 12 issue runs anyways.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Lets not get ridiculous. Nobody cared at all about this title till it was cancelled, now its suddenly critically acclaimed and even comparable to genuine good comics.
    While the book is getting more attention now for obvious reasons, the book was certainly getting praised before.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, I would say the book was getting praise, but nobody noticed the praise.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxHawk View Post

I'll break it down for you. :P

Solo - Slapstick - Foolkiller and possibly Prowler = 5 to 7 issues.

Hawkeye and Mosaic: 5 to 7 issues if not pointed towards young girls. If then at least 12 issues no matter how terrible their print and digital sales are.

Iron Fists - 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, I would say the book was getting praise, but nobody noticed the praise.
    Seems to be a pretty common problem these days, unfortunately.

Great one of the FEW comics that I actually enjoyed is cancelled. Great...

Hyperion also was said to be ongoing then ended after #6 as well, revealed to be a mini. This is probably a similar situation where it was also Stealth Mini the whole time. Marvel do this a ton because they don't like to admit they planned to end things before they begun. If a series is "cancelled" at 5-6 issues, it is likely a stealth mini. They did that with War Machine a short while back too.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    this is why they advertise Lunella as the smartest character in the Marvel Universe. you have to force people to pay attention.
    Well, that is an interesting point.