Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Nighthawk Is Cancelled

Unfortunately as expected.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...marvel-comics/

People were just not interested in Nighthawk I guess.
    Last edited by Captain M; 08-28-2016 at 11:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

I think David Walker is confused. People were just not interested in Nighthawk.
    No, I think he's just explaining to the book's fans that, despite Marvel editorial supporting the book, that Nighthawk didn't have the sales to escape cancellation. It happens and he doesn't seem bitter over it. But he's also letting people know that if they're interested in a book in the future, don't trade wait, pre-order. The comic book industry is a business and no book that doesn't pull it's weight can survive indefinitely.

I wonder if preordering digital comics on Comixology also makes a difference.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

I think David Walker is confused. People were just not interested in Nighthawk.
    How have ytou come to the conclusion that David Walker is "confused" or that people supposedly "not being interested" led to the books cancellation?

As someone else has pointed out in this thread, Walker went out of his way to thank Marvel for their support as regards supporting his vision for the character and publishing the book.

David Walkers valid points about some readers choosing to stick with familiarity over trying something different, was spot on as far as established buying patters are concerned.

How dies any of the above come across as Walker being "confused" to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    How have ytou come to the conclusion that David Walker is "confused" or that people supposedly "not being interested" led to the books cancellation?

As someone else has pointed out in this thread, Walker went out of his way to thank Marvel for their support as regards supporting his vision for the character and publishing the book.

David Walkers valid points about some readers choosing to stick with familiarity over trying something different, was spot on as far as established buying patters are concerned.

How dies any of the above come across as Walker being "confused" to you?
    My bad. English isn't my first language and I guess I got some things wrong. Sorry. Editing the first post.

This books was doomed with squadron supreme being shit and then art that simply didnt fit the book.

It also didnt take enough risk. Every isssue shoulda pissed off someone.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This books was doomed with squadron supreme being shit and then art that simply didnt fit the book.

It also didnt take enough risk. Every isssue shoulda pissed off someone.
    Agreed 100%.

I hated the art on this book and really feel that David Walker actually toned Nighthawk down as a character.

Nonetheless, I still supported the book.

I love Nighthawk.

Just not this one.

This Squadron franchise thing turned out to be a big failure for Marvel. They should have wait to see how Squadron Supreme is doing before initiating Hyperion and Nighthawk series, guess they just didn't expect SS series to be that exceptionally bad.

BANNED

I felt the art went with the title but I am bias as I love Ramon's work plus it's not often you get two people of color working on a character of color comic at the big two

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    This Squadron franchise thing turned out to be a big failure for Marvel. They should have wait to see how Squadron Supreme is doing before initiating Hyperion and Nighthawk series, guess they just didn't expect SS series to be that exceptionally bad.
    they shouldn't have killed namor, killed innocent atlanteans, and then pretended to be heroes after that. That was squadron's mistake, it pissed off a lot of people without technically appealing to many. Now if they'd destroyed attilan, denounced the inhumans and their terrigen mists for killing mutants I'm sure they could have pandered to enough X fans to gather a small fanbase and I would've gladyl bought it, but I kind of like Namor , pretty consistent guy, he's a douchebag that does the dirty job and will punch anyone that he disagrees with, sort of like water wolverine. I hope he comes back and kills the whole squadron soon enough
    Last edited by somacula; 08-28-2016 at 12:06 PM.

I thought it was already cancelled some time ago. Maybe I'm confusing with something else.

I remember seeing David Walker's tweets about the Nighthawk book yesterday, thinking it was only about the sales. Didn't know the book actually got cancelled, hence the many tweets from him about the issue.

It's unfortunate, but considering the sales the NH book was having, it wasn't looking good. Even if it were to survive to 12 issues somehow, I doubt it would've been renewed for a second season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I remember seeing David Walker's tweets about the Nighthawk book yesterday, thinking it was only about the sales. Didn't know the book actually got cancelled, hence the many tweets from him about the issue.

It's unfortunate, but considering the sales the NH book was having, it wasn't looking good. Even if it were to survive to 12 issues somehow, I doubt it would've been renewed for a second season.
    In marvel when you sell 20-30k in your #1 you're dead at issue 6; 40k-45k is dead at issue #12, maybe with enough stretch you can make it to 16# and a lot of solos of post SW relaunch got canned at issues #6 or #7 because there was not enough market to sustain them, it didn't mattered if they're black, white ,alien or attack helicopter. As a matter of fact moon girl isn't getting canned even tough she's selling 10k at current issue, I'm sure marvel is attempting to push her as an important character with smartest girl in the world arc (I'm sure the make would like to have a few words with her), but not all characters have that luck

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    In marvel when you sell 20-30k in your #1 you're dead at issue 6; 40k-45k is dead at issue #12, maybe with enough stretch you can make it to 16# and a lot of solos of post SW relaunch got canned at issues #6 or #7 because there was not enough market to sustain them, it didn't mattered if they're black, white ,alien or attack helicopter. As a matter of fact moon girl isn't getting canned even tough she's selling 10k at current issue, I'm sure marvel is attempting to push her as an important character with smartest girl in the world arc (I'm sure the make would like to have a few words with her), but not all characters have that luck
    Thats bc tge market for moon girl is trades aimed at younger kids, sales are tertiary
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html