View Poll Results: Favorite Daredevil Run?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frank Miller

19 42.22%
  • Mark Waid

7 15.56%
  • Other (Explain)

19 42.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Miller's stint on Daredevil is one of my all-time favorite Marvel runs, so Miller all the way.

I feel like you should of listed more options for the pole though, like Bendis, Brubaker and Nocenti.
    Last edited by Batmaniac; 09-15-2016 at 01:40 AM.

Fantastic Member

In the late 90s, I seem to recall a DD run before Joe Q's Marvel Knights:

It was highly touted as a "Return to the Lighter Feel of the earlier 60s DD with a Sense of Humor"
    Was I imagining this?!?

Which issues were these?

Mighty Member

Bendis run. (This poll is totally biased)
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Miller's run is one of the older comic runs that I still am able to really read and enjoy. I feel like for whatever reason, it holds up better than a lot of other runs.

I also really loved Brubaker and Lark's run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post

It was highly touted as a "Return to the Lighter Feel of the earlier 60s DD with a Sense of Humor"
    Was I imagining this?!?

Which issues were these?
    You're thinking of the Karl Kesel run. It was issues #353-364. Joe Kelly came after him as writer up to issues #375. Both runs have the lighter, retro style for the character.

Fantastic Member

Cool - Thanks, Rincewind. Interesting strategy for DD after the 70s and 80s.

Astonishing Member

Cool - Thanks, Rincewind. Interesting strategy for DD after the 70s and 80s.
    It was an interesting time. Bob Harras had taken over as Editor in Chief, replacing the 5 separate line EiC. D G Chichester has done the Fall from Grace storyline, but was removed from the title after his follow up story. There were some fill in arcs, the J M DeMatteis took over as writer, then quit less than a year later due to editorial interference (a common complaint at the time). Kesel came in with his approach and got rave reviews. He only lasted a year, but Joe Kelly kept the tone when he took over the book. A little later, the title was relaunched under the Marvel Knights banner with Kevin Smith and Joe Quesada.

I will definitely be picking up the Epic collection that get the Kesel run. I will look at the Epic with Kelly's work and pick it up if it looks interesting.

Begins and ends with Bendis for me. Never read the character before & haven't read much after.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Ann Nocenti saved Daredevil after a less than stellar few years after Millers run. She did 4 1/2 years on the book an her run is definitely in the top 5 ever.

Daredevil is one of those few comics that for the most part has had consistently good writers. I voted other because my favorite run is Ed Brubaker's, Bendis left him in a tough spot and Brubaker ran with it and created one hell of a run himself. Daredevil is also my favorite Marvel hero and the few Marvel heroes that I have read quite a bit of.
    My order:
    Brubaker
    Miller
    Nocenti
    Bendis
    Waid (only because I have not finished reading his run, but I love the hell out of Mark Waid)!

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Waid did marvelous stuff with Matt but
    #1 Miller
    #2 Bendis
    Then it is a Hell’s Kitchen rooftop fall until you reach the next group of truly sensational creators like Brubaker, Nocenti, Waid, etc. DD is a character that brings out the best in those that play in his sandbox.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Was I imagining this?!?

Which issues were these?
    Probably Karl Kesel. I would argue that Joe Kelly had a very underrated run that combined the light heartedness of Kesel with a bit more substance and stakes. Both runs blend fairly seamlessly and are quite good.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ed Brubaker's run is my favorite. He made me a huge fan of the character.

Miller has Born Again. Nuff said.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.