Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default You're On A Deserted Island And You Get 3 Wishes Granted--What Are They?

Here's the deal. You find yourself alone on a deserted island with just the clothes you are normally wearing, an island that is not dangerous (no venomous snakes or such), has trees, plants and provides you with food and fresh water and you will be there for the rest of your life. There are rules though and here they are:

-You get 3 wishes

-You cannot leave the island.

-You can't wish for more wishes.

-You can't ask for impossible things. Like "I want a magical TV that picks up every station in the world without using power". No. It has to be realistic and currently exists. (Also, no time travel or asking for a TARDIS, etc, etc.).

-You can't say "I would wish for a TV, solar panels for electricity and a satellite dish for one of my wishes" because that would be 3 wishes, not 1. You're more than welcome to use all of your wishes like that, but you can't group them all in as one wish. On the other hand, you can say "I want my bookshelf with all of my books on it" as one wish, because while they are many books on it, they're actually all contained inside the bookshelf, which is one thing. BUT, you can't say I want ALL of my book shelves because that's more than one thing. OR, "I want my entire comic book collection" because again, that's more than one thing. You could say "I want my box of Avengers comics". That would be okay, because you asked for one thing---a box and what was inside of it. Not several boxes.

-Going by the rules, if you get really creative, you can end up with a lot of stuff (hint hint).

So, with all of the mind, what do you wish for? (and explain why you chose the items)

At first, I thought about having my wife on the island with me, but that would be selfish because I wouldn't want both of my kids to live their lives with both parents gone. And I didn't want to wish for her AND my kids, because I didn't want my kids being alone on a desert island with just their parents and no friends. Basically, bringing someone to the island would just bring up more problems for that person and I didn't want to be selfish in that regard. So, I resigned myself to the fact that I would spend my life on this island without anyone else. I just wouldn't want to take that choice away from them and felt it would be selfish of me.

I also thought about using one of my wishes on having a brand new, nice house. But after thinking about it for a while, I decided that I'm pretty handy and knowledgeable (I was an iron worker and also worked in construction for several years) that I believe I could find and make tools from the island (such as trees and rocks) to build a very comfortable log cabin that could withstand and protect me from the weather.

So here are my 3 wishes:

1. I wanted my bible. Not just any bible, but my personal bible that I have notations and remarks in. Even though I know God is always with me, it would help me tremendously to cope with living alone and it would provide me comfort.

2. Since I would build my own home, I can now use this wish to ask for my Marvel Kallax book shelf in my den that contains quite a lot of comic books on it such as FF omnis, Avengers omnis, DD omnis, bound X-Men books, etc.
    This will give me something else to read and keep me entertained because I have, and would read these, over and over. And this isn't cheating because I asked for the book shelf (which included all the books on it). I chose this one over my DC Kallax book shelf because my Marvel book shelf holds more comics dear to me that I grew up reading.

3. This last one was tough because it was my last wish AND because I was so torn about it. I thought about it for a while and finally decided on this---I wished for my dog Scrappy. We have two small dogs that we love with all of our hearts (they're like our children). I decided on Scrappy because my wife picked out our other dog when he was just a pup and I picked out Scrappy when he was a pup. She would get to keep our other dog and I would get Scrappy to keep me company. They would miss each other, but Scrappy would be so happy to be with me on that island, especially because he could run all over the place and have a ball.

So there you have my three wishes.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

How I ended up on a deserted island would have to be a magical thing, in and of itself. I'd never find myself in a situation where that was a potential outcome.

But if I found myself there, all I need is one wish: an active time bomb. I'd rather be dead.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    How I ended up on a deserted island would have to be a magical thing, in and of itself. I'd never find myself in a situation where that was a potential outcome.

But if I found myself there, all I need is one wish: an active time bomb. I'd rather be dead.
    LOL! Come on, you're no fun
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

1. Happiness for my family and close friends.
    2. Health for my family and close friends.
    3. Prosperity for my family and close friends.

Then I'll just hangout on my island knowing everyone else I care about is all right.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 08-29-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

-My hunting knife. It's special for me and useful. I can make rudimentary tools with it.

-A rooster. See below.

-A hen. With the hen and rooster I have eggs, meat and feathers. Perfect and delicious plan. Also I have some company.

1. A fully stocked Harmony of the Seas placed noninvasively/safely on the island - So I can use it's facilities while still keeping the island as pristine as possible.

2. I'd wish for it to be minimally crewed by my friends, family, and trained professionals all of which must approve of staying with the guy who just wished for . .

3. Lasting World Peace & Prosperity which the world knows I caused.

I'm pretty sure there are enough thankful people in the world to help keep us living well, and world prosperity would include all the people living with me as well so I should be able to get by even if it doesn't benefit me directly

Blonde, Brunette & a Redhead.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    LOL! Come on, you're no fun
    Neither is being stuck on an island. Traveling outside of the city limits is too adventurous for me.

There's nothing material I want. And I certainly wouldn't want any loved ones to join my fate.

Oh hey... Things Fall Apart has the right idea. Good job.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

wow these are some crappy wishes. You can't wish to be off the island. you can't wish for super powers. You can't wish for more wishes.

Does it matter what you wish for if you'll be dead in a few weeks?
    The J-man

I can not leave the Island as in I'm stuck there forever? I don't like being stuck

Well..

1. I wish the Island would be relocated to the a Lake nearest my home that is large enough to contain it.
    2. I wish for a land bridge wide enough for a car to drive on to connect the Island to the land
    3. I wish for my cell phone so that I could call my husband.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-29-2016 at 01:59 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wow these are some crappy wishes. You can't wish to be off the island. you can't wish for super powers. You can't wish for more wishes.

Does it matter what you wish for if you'll be dead in a few weeks?
    Make the island bigger/add on to it, wish for supplies to be delivered by BLANK to the island every week, etc. Plus the Island can support you with food/water per the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Make the island bigger/add on to it, wish for supplies to be delivered by BLANK to the island every week, etc. Plus the Island can support you with food/water per the OP.
    I need more than food and water to survive. Girlfriend? Netflix?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I need more than food and water to survive. Girlfriend? Netflix?
    Both would be included in the first 2 of my wishes, as well as affable strangers, good beds, entertainment facilities, and everything else a high-end luxury cruise ship has available.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    -You can't ask for impossible things. Like "I want a magical TV that picks up every station in the world without using power". No. It has to be realistic and currently exists. (Also, no time travel or asking for a TARDIS, etc, etc.).
    What kind of shoddy bargain basement wishes are these?

Genies aren't what they used to be...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    3. Lasting World Peace & Prosperity which the world knows I caused.
    Are you sure you want all those warmongers and arms dealers and whatnot to know who is responsible for them having to go and get a proper job?