Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Winston Duke to Play M'Baku in Black Panther

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/bl...ke-1201873246/

“Person of Interest” actor Winston Duke has landed the key role of the villain M’Baku — aka Man-Ape — in Marvel’s upcoming “Black Panther” film starring Chadwick Boseman.

Marvel declined to comment.

The film, directed by “Creed” helmer Ryan Coogler, also stars Michael B. Jordan, Danai Gurira, and Lupita Nyong’o. Boseman will play T’Challa, the prince of the African nation of Wakanda, who must take over the mantel after his father’s murder. Marvel unveiled the character in “Captain America: Civil War” before the standalone film bows on Feb. 16, 2018.

In the comics, M’Baku was one of Wakanda’s most powerful warriors and one of T’Challa’s biggest rivals.

Joe Robert Cole is co-penning the script with Coogler. Kevin Feige is producing the movie.

Marvel had been testing several actors for the role over the past week, including “The Get Down” actor Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, before casting Duke. Duke is relatively new to the industry, having recently graduated from the Yale School of Drama. He had recurring roles on several TV shows, including “Major Crimes,” “The Messengers,” and “Person of Interest.”

He is repped by Abrams Artists Agency, Wenzel Entertainment, and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richard, Rush & Kaller.
    We get Man-Ape afterall. This movie keeps getting awesome.

if Wong isnt going to be Wong it's very likely that he wont be Man-Ape cause certain people will complain.

I was definitely not expecting them to use Man-Ape .

At best, I was expecting we'd see him combined with Killmonger.

I am very curious to see how they handle M'Baku, but I'm happy he's still in it .

So with Killmonger, Man-Ape, and possibly Klaw, it looks like a lot of villains is going to become a trend in Phase 3 movies .

The guy is 6'6". Holy shoot that's tall. That's how you cast! Hopefully, the live-action costume isn't as dumb looking as the the comics/cartoon. Black Panther looks frikkin' awesome. M'Baku needs to be re-imagined, visually, in live-action.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    The guy is 6'6". Holy shoot that's tall. That's how you cast! Hopefully, the live-action costume isn't as dumb looking as the the comics/cartoon. Black Panther looks frikkin' awesome. M'Baku needs to be re-imagined, visually, in live-action.
    Is there any doubt whatsoever they'll do that? They've done it with everyone thus far.

I expect that they'll strip out all the offensive crap, use Priest's re-imagining of him as a separatist and use that.

And as I've said elsewhere, the actor is freakin' amazing. So I think we're good

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is there any doubt whatsoever they'll do that? They've done it with everyone thus far.

I expect that they'll strip out all the offensive crap, use Priest's re-imagining of him as a separatist and use that.

And as I've said elsewhere, the actor is freakin' amazing. So I think we're good
    The only offensive thing the character has going for him is the name. Marvel can easily get by without referring to him as Man-Ape. I still would like for the white Gorilla pelt to factor into his character somehow.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The only offensive thing the character has going for him is the name. Marvel can easily get by without referring to him as Man-Ape. I still would like for the white Gorilla pelt to factor into his character somehow.
    He beat a white gorilla in combat and wears it as a coat. Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He beat a white gorilla in combat and wears it as a coat. Boom!
    The J-man

This guy was great on POI. Cant wait to see what he does with M'Baku. So we got Klaw and Mbaku in a story where tchaka is already dead and throw Kilmonger in for good measure. Im have no idea where the story is going and I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Pretty sure denzel could carry a conversation on facial expressions alone lol

What movie is that from? Bothering me i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Pretty sure denzel could carry a conversation on facial expressions alone lol

What movie is that from? Bothering me i dont know
    Fences. It's the theatrical adaptation of the August Wilson play with Viola Davis as his co-star. They performed the play on stage as well and I think won awards for their performances. Trailer dropped yesterday
    The J-man

Now I'm starting to wonder how many villains Ant-Man and The Wasp will have .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm starting to wonder how many villains Ant-Man and The Wasp will have .
    Being michale b jordan is playing Kilmonger i dont think he will be a villian just yet. Maybe he gets ousted from Wakanda at the end and comes back as a villian in a potential sequel. He will probaly be an ally with tactics that disturb Tchalla. Kinda blending White Wolf and Kilmonger.