View Poll Results: whats up with Superman ?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • bad story telling ?

32 74.42%
  • bad casting

1 2.33%
  • not following the comics ?

10 23.26%
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Yeah in those scenes that got cut out of the theatrical release. And dying at the end. He did die without the advice of Lois.
    There's also

- investigating Batman

- saving the people on the oil rig

- surrendering to Zod

- becoming a reporter

and a bunch of other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's also

- investigating Batman

- saving the people on the oil rig

- surrendering to Zod

- becoming a reporter

and a bunch of other stuff.
    I was talking about BvS most of the things you listed there with the exception of investigating Batman he did on MOS.
    Obviously he got dumbed down even further once Batman got on board.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I was talking about BvS most of the things you listed there with the exception of investigating Batman he did on MOS.
    Obviously he got dumbed down even further once Batman got on board.
    Well he was there to service batman in bvs honestly. He had to die so batman could rediscover his humanity or someshit. Which is a nice story but they failed to make me care about supes, and the line about failing him in life etc was just as corny as the stuff said during there showdown. It was like two affleks were in the movie. The one having great dialogue with alfred and then the one saying weird corny **** to superman or about superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well he was there to service batman in bvs honestly. He had to die so batman could rediscover his humanity or someshit. Which is a nice story but they failed to make me care about supes, and the line about failing him in life etc was just as corny as the stuff said during there showdown. It was like two affleks were in the movie. The one having great dialogue with alfred and then the one saying weird corny **** to superman or about superman.
    I often feel like there are two of every character in Snyder's films.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I often feel like there are two of every character in Snyder's films.
    Agreed cause there are moments i like this superman, thats why i dont slam Canvill. Hes got a universally loved superman in him if the writing allows it.

As a long time Superman fan of over 50 years I didn't find Superman boring nor depressed at all.
    And there are a lot of long time Superman fans like me who feel the same and no, I'm not speaking for every Superman fan.
    Loved Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman. Henry Cavill IMHO and as a long time Superman fan is super in the role of Superman.
    I do respect the OP's opinion, but, I respectfully disagree with it.

There also needs to be more options added to the poll:

good acting?
    good casting?
    faithful to the comics?
    neutral

Sincerely hope of all you Superman fans enjoy the upcoming movie in 2017! *smiles*
    Cannot wait to see it myself!
    Last edited by Lois; 09-07-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post
    As a long time Superman fan of over 50 years I didn't find Superman boring nor depressed at all.
    And there are a lot of long time Superman fans like me who feel the same and no, I'm not speaking for every Superman fan.
    Loved Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman. Henry Cavill IMHO and as a long time Superman fan is super in the role of Superman.
    I do respect the OP's opinion, but, I respectfully disagree with it.

There also needs to be more options added to the poll:

good acting?
    good casting?
    faithful to the comics?
    neutral

Sincerely hope of all you Superman fans enjoy the upcoming movie in 2017! *smiles*
    Cannot wait to see it myself!
    I agree about the poll im surprised a moderator hasnt edited it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    He has to die to fulfill some corny Christ metaphor. That's why the weapon that wounds him is a spear, too. We're not dealing with subtlety here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    He has to die to fulfill some corny Christ metaphor. That's why the weapon that wounds him is a spear, too. We're not dealing with subtlety here.
    It was also suppose to restore bruces faith in people after whatever trauma joker put him through with robin. But yes the christ imagery was in your face, i can.live with that but when bruce is saying supes isnt a mad yada yada yada it was corny,

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You guys walking into this thread and acting all disappointed about the debate taking place in it is amusing.

Look, the whole point of the thread is that people sharing similar feelings with the OP can discuss the hows and whys without being accused of being haters, like some defenders of those movies typically do.
    As a matter of fact, even the people disagreeing with the OP are talking the hows and whys too.
    For once, this isn't about the money the movie made, or didn't make, this is about its actual content. So, why the saltiness ?
    There would be no debate if everyone agreed with the OP and the poll. That only leaves room for the negative opinions. This isn't an echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    As opposed to the corny, completely un-subtle Christian imagery that's been associated with the character from pretty much Day 1?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There would be no debate if everyone agreed with the OP and the poll. That only leaves room for the negative opinions. This isn't an echo chamber.
    As opposed to the corny, completely un-subtle Christian imagery that's been associated with the character from pretty much Day 1?
    Kind of ironic, considering Superman was created by a couple of Jewish kids.

Like the traditional Christ-pose where he's holding aloft a car from the 1930s?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Kind of ironic, considering Superman was created by a couple of Jewish kids.
    He started out more Jewish especially with the Moses like origin, but you can't deny the heavier Christian elements have been added onto the character long before MoS came out. Either way you slice it, there are religious overtones.

That isn't to say it couldn't be done MUCH better than the way Snyder is handling it, but I don't think it can ever be subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Like the traditional Christ-pose where he's holding aloft a car from the 1930s?
    Same comic that has him being shot into space and found by a kindly couple on the first page.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-07-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Shot into space? Sure. Kindly couple? Not in the Action Comics #1 I read.

So being shot into space is completely un-subtle Christian imagery?

BANNED

Jewish imagery.

Siegel & Shuster saw Superman as a Moses allegory.