View Poll Results: whats up with Superman ?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • bad story telling ?

32 74.42%
  • bad casting

1 2.33%
  • not following the comics ?

10 23.26%
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

And a little more.

The important stuff starts at :49.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Great video. Superman only "won" because Zod wanted to die. He basically forced Superman to kill him.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Zod got his heat vision literally a minute after the start of that fight. Maybe less. Flight? About a minute or two later.
    What's your point, that Superman had the script, so he knew trying to use the advantage he had was pointless? You also have no idea how long the time was between the edit of him flying Zod into that first building, and when they land in the next. Have you watched that video you posted that funnily enough looks like it's making fun of the fight? That building they land in, Zod jumps out of the hole they came in through, and when he jumps out you can see he's over the not destroyed part of the city. That means between the edit, the part you didn't see, Superman's flying punch actually took them over a good deal of the untouched part of the city. They seem to go over so much of Metropolis that we never even see them around damaged part of the city again. Superman's flying punch bit we see doesn't seem to get them around where they started, so how long was that part between the edit? The answer is we don't know.

Superman still didn't try to kill him until the end of the battle.
    I'm going to say leaving a depowered Zod on a spaceship Superman crashed is Superman trying to kill Zod.

WRONG. He took them through NO buildings. Not one building in Metropolis was destroyed by any direct action of Superman's.
    WRONG guy that was talking about how maybe people should watch the movie they're talking about. The first thing Superman does in that fight is flys Zod right into a building. It's his first move, flying punch into Zod that goes right into a building. You can see it right screen. You can see it in the video you posted.

Getting back to that editing thing, and Superman took them over a giant part of Metropolis...Could they have hit building during that? Well, we know Superman immediately smashed Zod though one, and we know it ends with Zod getting control and smashing him into another, since the movie has shown use two buildings they've hit, I'm going to say it's save to assume they hit others between that too.

And you could see Superman was tumbling through the air out of control. That was obviously not a deliberate action on his part.
    That's actually not something that's in the movie. Hey if you look at the video you posted you can see Superman fly Zod into a building and that's there's no tumbling. It's not often the person posting wrong things about a movie also post a video showing they're wrong.

The movie shows Superman trying to fight a guy far above any civilian casualties, and trying to drive him in a direction where there would be no such danger to people. It shows us that Superman was trying very hard to avoid hurting civilians.
    Yes, when he's flying around they are far above the civilian casualties. The dead civilians most likely laying in the streets.

Here, I'll say this again, because you seem to have a really hard time getting this. You. Do. No. Know. The. End. Goal. Of. That. Bit. All YOU know is that Superman was punching Zod around the city. You do not know that Superman was trying to get Zod away from people.

Superman only starts flying because Zod can fly too at that point. Imagine if Superman tried that flying punch thing before Zod had the power of flight too.

It was plain as day.
    Maybe in your head, where you've created your own reason for why the thing you're seeing on screen is happening. Or maybe some other person told you that was what was happening in some video you watched, I don't know. But going off the information that is in the film, no, it is not. Not only is it not plain as day, but the movie never even tries to get across that he's trying to get Zod out of the city in that moment. This is only a guess by you based on nothing in Man of Steel. And like I said, if that's actually what they wanted to get across, it would have been as easy as having a shot of Superman looking around, (probably being able to hear everyone) a close-up of his eyes, than a POV shot zooming though the city landscape super fast into an open area where you couldn't see or hear anyone. That would create a goal, that would mean you would actually know Superman was trying to punch Zod to a specific place and that that specific place had no people that would be in danger. What is actually in the movie is just a moment where Superman hits Zod around the city, probably there because it looks "cool", which seems to be the driving force behind everything in that fight.

As for the space thing? Sure. Zod took him to space. Superman, however, was the one who was willing to KEEP the fight in space until Zod threw a satellite at him and drove him back to Earth.
    What the hell are you even talking about? First Superman took the fight into space, now you're saying you knew he didn't but Superman was trying to keep it there. Where is this thing you speak of? The fight is in space for but a moment, and there's nothing in the actual movie to tell you that Superman was trying to keep the fight there. This is just you putting your own thing onto the movie based on nothing in the movie, it's probably also build off you're previous (and wrong) idea that Superman is the reason they're in space in the first place.

Meanwhile? Have fun! Clearly you need a review.

I'm mean, of the two of use, I'm not the one getting things about the movie wrong.

MOS was such an abomination that when I walked out of the theater I had wished Supes had snapped my neck instead of Zod's. But you know who I really feel sorry for? The children. Kids of this generation will never know a superman that's not a kill crazy maniac.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
    MOS was such an abomination that when I walked out of the theater I had wished Supes had snapped my neck instead of Zod's.
    Yeesh dude. Bit extreme reaction to a movie.

But you know who I really feel sorry for? The children. Kids of this generation will never know a superman that's not a kill crazy maniac.
    Well considering kids are getting their moms to buy them Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, other manner of violent video games, and getting their moms to take them to see R-rated movies like Deadpool. I don't think it's much of an issue. It's not like kids were into Superman before the current crop of DC movies. With Smallville's 10 year run and Superman Returns. Or even now in the comics. Superman Truth (the jeans and t-shirt, shaved head, MMA fighter, motorcycle riding inspired iteration) failed to catch fire with it's target audience, and DC has burned all bridges with it. The target audience being young boys. Meant to capture their imaginations the same way Batgirl of Burnside and Spider-Gwen capture young girls', to great financial and critical success.

Also, mind that violence has been used to shill toys and other media at kids for decades now. The Robocop and Terminator movies, G.I. Joe, Mortal Kombat, Power Rangers, Duke Nukem and all manner of anti-hero comics from the 80s and 90s (Deadpool, X-Force, Spawn, WildC.A.T.s, Mirage TMNT, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Extreme Justice, Heroes Reborn, Youngbloods, and a plethora of others).
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 09-29-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

But you know who I really feel sorry for? The children. Kids of this generation will never know a superman that's not a kill crazy maniac.
    Sounds more like you're feeling sorry for the old comic farts instead of the children, who more than likely don't give a **** either way. Hell, some probably think he isn't bloodthirsty enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Well considering kids are getting their moms to buy them Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, other manner of violent video games, and getting their moms to take them to see R-rated movies like Deadpool. I don't think it's much of an issue. It's not like kids were into Superman before the current crop of DC movies. With Smallville's 10 year run and Superman Returns. Or even now in the comics. Superman Truth (the jeans and t-shirt, shaved head, MMA fighter, motorcycle riding inspired iteration) failed to catch fire with it's target audience, and DC has burned all bridges with it. The target audience being young boys. Meant to capture their imaginations the same way Batgirl of Burnside and Spider-Gwen capture young girls', to great financial and critical success.

Also, mind that violence has been used to shill toys and other media at kids for decades now. The Robocop and Terminator movies, G.I. Joe, Mortal Kombat, Power Rangers, Duke Nukem and all manner of anti-hero comics from the 80s and 90s (Deadpool, X-Force, Spawn, WildC.A.T.s, Mirage TMNT, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Extreme Justice, Heroes Reborn, Youngbloods, and a plethora of others).
    Yes, I think this is why kids are so in love with the Snyder version of Superman and think the Reeves Superman is boring.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yes, I think this is why kids are so in love with the Snyder version of Superman and think the Reeves Superman is boring.
    I'm sure more people are in love with Snyder's version of Batman. You hear it's Snyder's version of Superman that needs to be "fixed". And it's not like the people who make decisions for Supes in the comics have done their best to make him a success.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I'm sure more people are in love with Snyder's version of Batman. You hear it's Snyder's version of Superman that needs to be "fixed". And it's not like the people who make decisions for Supes in the comics have done their best to make him a success.
    People don't like his Batman either, but unlike his Superman, which we've had two movies of now, even people that don't like his Batman like the actor in the role.

In my opinion, he seems to be feeling the weight of the world on his shoulders - which is the problem. He's Superman. He's not SUPPOSED to feel the weight!

Hey, since they're considering adding some fun back into their movies, how about he plays Bizarro instead of Superman, teamed up with Guy Gardner? Worse. Buddy. Movie. Ever!

The most ridiculous thing about that fight is how they unerringly rush back to Metropolis from low orbit while it's obvious that neither one of them is trying to steer.