Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myeldermoon View Post
    sorry, my bad wording, I meant x-men as a franchising, not only from a story point of view.
    This events don´t have the x-men sucess in mind but only the promotion of the inhumans, while having tons of evidences that the inhumans books will not reach the sales of the x-men.
    I don't see how this could be the case with a title like 'RessurXion,' honestly, and I also don't think that either the Inhumans or X-Men are going to end up as "villains" during IvX because they seem to be working together again during this.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I don't see how this could be the case with a title like 'RessurXion,' honestly, and I also don't think that either the Inhumans or X-Men are going to end up as "villains" during IvX because they seem to be working together again during this.
    well, we just have to wait and see, I supose, suffering from antecipation over small things is a very anoying flaw of mine.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Ew I didn’t even notice it didn’t have the “e”. Why, Marvel?
    That's how it always worked:
    X-Tinction Agenda
    X-Cutioner's Song
    X-Termination

There's also the X-Treme X-Men.

I guess the one exception is Messiah CompleX, which I honestly didn't know had a capital X until I checked wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Huh. Cullen Bunn doing horror is no-brainer, so no big shock there. I am honestly surprised that Marvel's stacking that much artistic talent on what looks to be a creature project, especially given how Blade's new series has stalled and Howling Commandos flopped. But I guess Marvel's honestly giving it the best shot they can.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    X-Tinction Agenda
    X-Cutioner's Song
    X-Termination

I guess the one exception is Messiah CompleX, which I honestly didn't know had a capital X until I checked wikipedia.
    Also, PhoeniX Endsong.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Well, that doesn't end in an Ex sound, so it couldn't just be an X.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

X-Tinction Agenda
    X-Cutioner's Song
    X-Termination

I always thought it was cool how Marvel always had those "X" puns in the X-men titles.

X-Tinction Agenda
    X-Cutioner's Song
    X-Termination

Yeah but I liked those because there wasn't a random X in the middle of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Huh. Cullen Bunn doing horror is no-brainer, so no big shock there. I am honestly surprised that Marvel's stacking that much artistic talent on what looks to be a creature project, especially given how Blade's new series has stalled and Howling Commandos flopped. But I guess Marvel's honestly giving it the best shot they can.
    It's like they haven't learned anything from their efforts to make the Inhumans happen...

BANNED

hopefully this means More Morbius

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    We can only assume they are seeking to cash in on the upcoming trend, with the Universal Monster movies in the pipeline. However even Universal seem to have backed off a bit from that, probably due to the public at large just not caring about such an obviously artificial approach to creating a multi-character franchise.

On the other hand Marvel have not really gone all-in on horror comics for years. It is hardly worth comparing the Howling Commandos outing to the early monster comics. We also don't know how far back this will look. The assumption is they would hark back to the Tomb of Dracula / Werewolf by Night / Frankenstein days of the early seventies, and of course the original Monsters Unleashed magazine, but they could be reaching back to the Kirby monster comics, which were also anthologies.

I guess it is no coincidence that MU mirrors UM for "Universal Monsters".

The prospect of the return of horror pin-ups could suggest Land will be on covers.

The new Monsters Unleashed logo does look very inspired by the original 1973 Curtis volume, which had its focus on Frankenstein's Monster circa 1970s, Warewolf By Night, Man-Thing and Wendigo, along with 1950s reprints. I somehow doubt they would go black and white or full magazine like the original.

Monsters Unleashed! V1973.jpg
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-02-2016 at 03:48 AM.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    hopefully this means More Morbius
    And hopefully less crybaby Morbius.

BANNED

Morbius came to grips with being a vampire in his last series

Quote Originally Posted by bishop88 View Post
    who is making these decisons this monster unleashed may be one of the dumbest books ive ever seen even not knowin ganything about it.....the last howling commandoes with a monster flavor barely sold 10k and even with this great artistisc talent being massively wasted this book has failure written all over it. yu kuber larocca three of my favoriter artists on this garbage marvel better wake up
    You mean your inside sources didn't tell you anything about it?

X-Tinction Agenda
    X-Cutioner's Song
    X-Termination

Those work for me because the X is at the beginning. the word isn't thrown off midway through pronouncing it.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com