Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 396
  1. #76
    Disagreeable member .A˛'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Catastrophic.

  2. #77
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,659

    Default

    Thank you Brian and Cliff for three years of the best Wonder Woman I have read in decades.

    Welcome to Wonder Woman David and Meredith Finch.
    I hope the experience will be mutually very satisfying for you and I and
    the thousands of readers around the world.

  3. #78
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    IIII x (IIII/n to the power of IIIIIIIIIIII) = y + IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII to the power of IIII / n
    geez write WW can't be harder than statistics or quantitative methods. Problem is that Most writers only write from male POV. WW is not easy, but is far from being THAT hard like some claim.

  4. #79
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    She has accepted everything Clark does because so far he hasn't done or said anything she doesn't really disagree with. They disagreed about keeping their relationship secret. Diana decided that Clark had a better reason for keeping it secret than she had for making it public. This is called "compromise." A good relationship is built upon it.

    "Violent even when she doesn't need?" When was that? The only time I remember was when she attacked that battleship that just shot her in the back with a missile. She still didn't hurt anyone when she attacked the ship. If Johns had been writing that scene, Diana would've slaughtered the entire crew. Especially since there was no Superman and/or Flash around to hold her back.
    She disagreed with keeping the relationship in secret and she just went with it like 15 years old that dates a married man. and didn't even questioned where was safer to take Zod, she just went with what her actual boyfriend wanted.

    she killed a monster when she just needed to put it inside the doors. Also in the fight of faora and zod ahe threaten them with death. she probably would have killed them if wasn't for Superman being her partner.

    The finch couple smell like editorial controlling very tightly the book. Probably more superman and this will be a second smww book.
    If at least they made her interact with female heroes, since with JL she was never friends with them

  5. #80
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Tales from Oz #2: Cowardly Lion.

    The only title she has written.

    Co-written to be specfic, she just handled the script.

    Be afraid, be very afraid.

    Every hit writer wrote a first story somewhere. Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire, or Charles Soule were all in this same spot at some point.
    Currently Reading:Aquaman, Doomsday Clock, Freedom Fighters, Gotham City Monsters, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Shazam, Wonder Twins, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  6. #81
    I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post




    I dont know about his wife's writing, but Finch's art...
    Of course!

    Because we all know that women respond remarkably well to pictures of other unrealistically proportioned women with salon hair in chest out/arse back poses. They'll be lining up around the block and breaking down the doors to their LCD...for certain.

    Edit: Just noticed Sonia Oback's signature...YAY! (at least for the cover).
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 06-30-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

  7. #82
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ravnica
    Posts
    3,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

    Could someone kindly point out anything that Meredith Finch has written?
    She wrote a Zenoscope book, it was super furry. To be fare though her husband will also help...the same person who wrote The Dark Knight...

  8. #83
    Moderate Javier Velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Hey everyone!!!

    This thread is about Meredith & David Finch taking over Wonder WOman in November.

    NOT about the current run or WW's depiction by other authors or writers.

    Please stay on topic. Posts will be edited.

    Thank you,
    Javier

  9. #84
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Every hit writer wrote a first story somewhere. Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire, or Charles Soule were all in this same spot at some point.
    None of them were handed a major title on their second issue.

  10. #85
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Of course!

    Because we all know that women respond remarkably well to pictures of other unrealistically proportioned women with salon hair in chest out/arse back poses. They'll be lining up around the block and breaking down the doors to their LCD...for certain.
    Salon hair? That's a new one. I think we're just fishing for complaints now. Everyone draws her with pretty hair. She's supposed to be drop dead gorgeous. Chiang's drawn her with more "glamorous" looks than we see here, and no one seemed to ever complain about that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-30-2014 at 04:23 PM.

  11. #86
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Tales from Oz #2: Cowardly Lion.

    The only title she has written.

    Co-written to be specfic, she just handled the script.

    Be afraid, be very afraid.
    Nepotism at its finest. What was that rumour about Finch refusing to draw unless his wife did the writing?

  12. #87
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    I'd like to also see female pencilers on Wonder Woman ... sigh...

    Azzarello was good at writing interesting plots, but kind of messed up a lot of Diana's pro-woman legacy in the New 52 with his depiction of the Amazons, her origin, and her characterization (calling someone the b-word? decidedly not very Wonder Woman to me).
    Cliff Chiang and Goran Sudzuka w/ Matt Wilson are probably some of the best artists the book has had. Diana's costume never looked like overstretched balloon rubber, and after the first couple issues they (more or less) avoided cheesecakey stuff.

    I wonder if the new team will end up being a flip of the current conditions, i.e. only decent plotting but a return to Diana's pro-woman depiction, and an art team that has a higher propensity to cheesecake.

    Luckily, we'll have the new Sensation Comics, so Diana won't be limited to only one type of depiction.

  13. #88
    Astonishing Member DochaDocha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Tales from Oz #2: Cowardly Lion.

    The only title she has written.

    Co-written to be specfic, she just handled the script.

    Be afraid, be very afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    She wrote a Zenoscope book, it was super furry. To be fare though her husband will also help...the same person who wrote The Dark Knight...
    Thank you both. I will read about these on the internet and later pretend I'm an expert on the subjects.

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Of course!

    Because we all know that women respond remarkably well to pictures of other unrealistically proportioned women with salon hair in chest out/arse back poses. They'll be lining up around the block and breaking down the doors to their LCD...for certain.
    While I sense your statement was meant to be ironic, the financial success of Kim Kardashian kind of undercuts your point.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  15. #90
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    I admit, the article leaves me feeling very condescended to and a bit insulted.

    You want to appeal to a female demographic, so the answer is a female writer?

    No, the answer is a *good* writer, regardless of gender.

    An unknown, untested woman who seems to have only gotten this job because her husband is a high profile artist at DC just doesn't work for me.

    Now if she's a *good* writer, then that'll be fine, but nowhere in that article does anyone mention quality, only gender, as if somehow having ovaries means she will write a female character well.

    It's kind of sad that DC thinks women are that shallow and one of the reasons why they aren't having much luck in the female readership department, imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •