Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm sure they'll find a regular fill-in artist. I don't mean that as a dig, it's just the way it is. Rather like that other artist who filled in Cliff Chiang at times.

I'm looking forward to this. I assume it will be more like Superman/Wonder Woman but with the focus more on WW. I didn't *hate* the Azzarello version, but I didn't necessarily care for the horror elements. First Born, put some skin on, dammit!

I will remain hopeful, I'm excited that a women is taking the helms and I like that she's talking about making Wonder Woman appeal to women and talking about her as an icon for feminine power.

Obviously, her being a relativity new writer has me a bit nervous, but I want to be optimistic.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This looks exceptionally more detailed and realistic than anything we've gotten in the book since the relaunch. I'm excited to hear that that the book is ditching the Greek mythology route and will be focusing more on Wonder Woman's interactions with the Justice League, etc. Now bring on Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, Donna Troy, Hessia, the Justice Leaguers, and the super-villains!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

so odds of us seeing any of the supporting cast during their run?

i guess its up to soule then to finally do the diana/cassie meeting with optional lennox

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Finch is pretty good with deadlines when he's only doing the art.
    Or when he's working on a massive company-wide crossover that's finale will hold up other books. Oh, wait...
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Aaaand that'll be as far as I go reading Wonder Woman's solo book.

Always Rakzo

Oh ho ho ho! Boy, the prophecy was true.

Too bad it was an Apocalyptic one.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Ok. So it's official.

For the most part, I'm excited about the new direction.

I like that we're taking a break from mythology. (Wow, never thought I'd hear myself say that!) And I'm glad that Diana will finally be re-integrating back into the DCU proper. Focusing on Diana's interpersonal relationships sounds good to me. Dealing with her responsibilities to the Amazons as well. I've got my fingers crossed that Meredith will bring back some of the REAL Amazons in Diana's life. Artemis and Phillipus at least. Bare minimum.

And seeing her interact with the rest of the League? Hey! Maybe Diana will go on an adventure with Flash and NOT sicken him with that savagery and bloodlust that ONLY Johns seems to believe exists! Also? Superman in Diana's book at long last? Pleeeease?

All-in-all, I'm excited enough. I don't know quite what to expect with Meredith's writing, so I can only hope she's got some good stories planned.

Edit: Oh, yes. And actual supervillains. Let's have some!
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 06-30-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I've loved Azz and Chiang's WW--it's one of my 2 or 3 favorite comics currently in print--but I find myself actually ready for this change. Hopefully WW will still be one of my favorite titles this time next year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Now that's what I call an upgrade!

I might even buy the book now.

Yup, 100% dropped.

Oh well, at least I hope this means that we'll get one more Azz/Chiang issue in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This looks exceptionally more detailed and realistic than anything we've gotten in the book since the relaunch. I'm excited to hear that that the book is ditching the Greek mythology route and will be focusing more on Wonder Woman's interactions with the Justice League, etc. Now bring on Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, Donna Troy, Hessia, the Justice Leaguers, and the super-villains!
    It's a cover...they are always more detailed
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Now that's what I call an upgrade!

I might even buy the book now.
    That's actually not too bad. But his usual standards arent as great, and i hate the crosshatching technique for shadowing objects.

Oh no God no. NO! A Dark Ages after Azzarello leaving was certain, but I was hoping for something not this heartbreaking.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    It's a cover...they are always more detailed

True, but(and I know this i heresy around here) but it looks better than any of Chiang's covers IMO. Now if Chiang drew the book more closely to his recent Wonder-Con sketch of Diana, I might feel differently.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.