Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I don't understand why the OP has such a problem with Dale Keown (Incredible Hulk #368-398) or Gary Frank (#402-425) or why he can't tell the two artists apart. Seriously, the sets of issues he's complaining about is two different artists.
    I thought Dale Keown was one of the most popular Hulk artists ever? And I loved Gary Frank's run! I have no idea what the crazy OP is babbling about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BCya View Post
    I thought Dale Keown was one of the most popular Hulk artists ever? And I loved Gary Frank's run! I have no idea what the crazy OP is babbling about.
    Correct. He is highly rated by fans, and he's among the greatest Hulk artists ever.

Did I just land in crazy town? The OP rags on Dale Keown, Gary Frank and Frank Cho's art and people agree? Who's next on the hit list? McFarlane, Kieth?

All-New Member

Gary Frank was always my favourite Hulk artist from that particular era. Liam Sharp took over from #425 and to be honest most of his stuff wasn't pretty. Angel Medina had a completely different style which grew on me. He drew a beautiful issue in which Thor (in horrible blue costume) fights Hulk in the arctic. Loved the scene where Thor has his blood rage just as a nuke was about to drop on both of them.

As for Frank Cho......superb artist!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Guys and gals, you can all stop searching. I got one of the best worst examples of artist drawing the Hulk. I present to you, Steve Dillon's version of the Hulk!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Did I just land in crazy town? The OP rags on Dale Keown, Gary Frank and Frank Cho's art and people agree? Who's next on the hit list? McFarlane, Kieth?
    Dale's hulk artwork was good for most part but then there is time drawing characters not the hulk you like back on it and end up going "WTF?"

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Sal Buscema and Herb Trimpe were the best Hulk artists for me and John Byrne's Hulk looked awesomely powerful during his short run on the book. Ironically Byrne was replaced by arguably one of the worst Hulk artist ever in Al Milgrom. Nice guy and decent writer but still can't believe how that guy ever got chosen to be the artist on Secert Wars II.
    I really liked Herb Trimpe as well, I agree with you 100 percent on Al Milgrom.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Personally I was never a fan of McFarlane's art when he was on the Hulk's book, especially his wrinkled Grey Hulk.

Incredible Member

Didn't care much for McFarlane's Hulk. Loved both Keown and Frank on Hulk.

It's strange- I like both Liam Sharp and Angel Medina in other work they've done, but didn't care for their work on the Hulk.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Sometimes it takes time for an artist's style to grow on you. I wasn't a big fan of Herbe Trimpe's Hulk at first. But a decade or so later when I went back to re-read some back issues, I developed a new appreciation for his work.