Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Worst Hulk Art / Artist ever?

Holy *&^*&! I just saw this Hulk, this is the dumbest worst looking Hulk ever (After Cho Hulk of course).

From issue Incredible Hulk #377 until #425 I believe, damn that is one dumbo looking Hulk lol. Who was drawing that Hulk?

He seemed to die off, but than his ugly butt resurfaced from issue #433 until #435, to produce the 3 worst Incredible Hulk covers ever in history! (After Choc Hulk covers) Check them out!
    http://www.newkadia.com/?Incredible_...overs=1893|376

What do you guys think? Who is the Worst looking Hulk ever in the last 2-3 decades?
    Last edited by easywolf32; 08-30-2016 at 08:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by easywolf32 View Post
    Holy *&^*&! I just saw this Hulk, this is the dumbest worst looking Hulk ever (After Cho Hulk of course).

From issue Incredible Hulk #377 until #425 I believe, damn that is one dumbo looking Hulk lol. Who was drawing that Hulk?

He seemed to die off, but than his ugly butt resurfaced from issue #433 until #435, to produce the 3 worst Incredible Hulk covers ever in history! (After Choc Hulk covers) Check them out!
    http://www.newkadia.com/?Incredible_...overs=1893|376

What do you guys think? Who is the Worst looking Hulk ever in the last 2-3 decades?
    Dale Kweon was the Artist (both Cover and regular) of the series where thanks to Doc Samson, the mental personalities of Grey Hulk/Joe Fixit, 'Kid'/Regular Hulk & Bruce Banner were merged (through hypnosis) into a composite Hulk; in which has the brains of Bruce, the snarkiness & cunning of Joe Fixit and the strength of the regular Hulk.

Ah yes I kind of remember that, true, true, Dale Keown did make a much better looking Hulk than that afterwards though, correct?

Mighty Member

Looks like a fine hulk to me. But considering your avatar I can see you clearly have a very...eclectic taste.

No the body is nice, but the face and hairstyle, it's way too stylish for the Hulk, cmon! That's Hollywood Hogan! Err Hulk!

These were nice Hulk artists!!

1. Adam Kubert

2. Dale Keown (maybe 1st if head was just a littttle bit bigger) really like this artist minus the stuff in issues #377 until #425 which were the worst, the Hulk GQ look.

3. Paul Pelletier except for the tidied up goody goody look.

4. Carlo Pagulayan.

5. Ed Mcguiness (dont like that hair...).

6. John Romita Jr (Looks like a new school Jack Kirby). Cool.
    Last edited by easywolf32; 08-30-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

Sal Buscema had a long iconic run from the 70s into the 80s. Gary Frank also had a fun run during the Peter David era.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

Angel Medina.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Angel Medina.
    Hey I remember seeing this cover and thinking, hey! There's Steroid Hulk! I think Steroids were going through a fad then, lol.

By the way, how do you post a picture without it shrinking?

Quote Originally Posted by easywolf32 View Post
    Hey I remember seeing this cover and thinking, hey! There's Steroid Hulk! I think Steroids were going through a fad then, lol.

By the way, how do you post a picture without it shrinking?
    I have no idea. Just add image's Url.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I like Cho Hulk myself

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    Sal Buscema had a long iconic run from the 70s into the 80s. Gary Frank also had a fun run during the Peter David era.
    Sal Buscema and Herb Trimpe were the best Hulk artists for me and John Byrne's Hulk looked awesomely powerful during his short run on the book. Ironically Byrne was replaced by arguably one of the worst Hulk artist ever in Al Milgrom. Nice guy and decent writer but still can't believe how that guy ever got chosen to be the artist on Secert Wars II.

I don't understand why the OP has such a problem with Dale Keown (Incredible Hulk #368-398) or Gary Frank (#402-425) or why he can't tell the two artists apart. Seriously, the sets of issues he's complaining about is two different artists.

Also, artists evolve with time. In 1990, Keown was younger and good, but still developing. By 2002, he was drawing this:

BANNED

Jeff Purves, from Peter David's "Joe Fixit" era, was horrendous.

I forget the Dale Kweon run. Oh god their some issues he did that were okay and then sometimes artwork "WTF is with that" Looking back at Pitt has some problem. Case in point christmas issue where Joe Fixit Huk fights Rhino.