Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGoodboy View Post
    Steve Englehart and Marshal Rogers on Detective Comics is my favourite Batman run of all time closely followed by Grant Morrison.

The Conway / Moench stuff after that mainly because they were the Batman comics that I first got as a kid.
    You have Great taste!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Would you guys put Morrion's Run on the level of Miller's Daredevil?
    I'm a HUGE Daredevil fan and yes, I would put it at least on par with Miller's DD, if not higher. That's how good it is.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

O'Neil and Irv Novick, which covered the bulk of O'Neil's run, as Adams flittered in and out. Obviously, the Adams stories rate a bit higher; but, Irv Novick (with Giordano inking) is highly underrated. After that, it's Engelhart & Rogers and Haney & Aparo, on Brave and the Bold.

Archie Goodwin occupies a special place; he did great Batman; but, Manhunter was so much more and he even overshadows Batman, when he turns up in "Gotterdamerung."

Alan Brennert is another in a special place; less a run on the character than iconic stories.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The Conway/Moench/Colan/Newton/various from 1981-1987. My gold standard when it comes to Batman books.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    They often get overlooked, but the Adventures books from 1992-2004 (Batman Adventures / Batman and Robin Adventures / Gotham Adventures / Batman Adventures vol 2) were an outstanding run of comics. I've slowly been working my way thru re-reading these this year and I'm enjoying every issue. Great done in one stories, plus excellent "less is more" artwork. I've finished my re-read of Gotham Adventures so next up is Batman Advs vol 2.
    Agreed. The most enjoyable Batman run ever.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    O'Neil and Irv Novick, which covered the bulk of O'Neil's run, as Adams flittered in and out. Obviously, the Adams stories rate a bit higher; but, Irv Novick (with Giordano inking) is highly underrated. After that, it's Engelhart & Rogers and Haney & Aparo, on Brave and the Bold.

Archie Goodwin occupies a special place; he did great Batman; but, Manhunter was so much more and he even overshadows Batman, when he turns up in "Gotterdamerung."

Alan Brennert is another in a special place; less a run on the character than iconic stories.
    What issues were the Goodwin/Simonson Manhunter run in?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Retired

The Julie Schwartz run.

Fantastic Member

O' Neil/Adams
    Englehart/Rogers
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What issues were the Goodwin/Simonson Manhunter run in?
    Detective Comics 437 through 443.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say two, but both being a little different in the way I'll define them...

I'd argue for the entire late 90's No Man's Land period, since it felt like the perfect Batman, Batfamily, and GCPD story all at once. You get Cassandra Cain's intro, a trial featuring Harvey Den vs Two Face, Luthor employing Bane and Bane knowing Batman outflanked Luthor but allowing it because he gets a country in return. Tim gets a pretty good story, and I love Dixon's "Nightwing goes Escape from Blüdhaven" storyline ending in him and Barabra making out before getting interupted by ex-fling Huntress and the crazy Petit and his strongmen.

You get Batman having to rebuild his friendship with Gordon, change up his tactics, and host a Thanksgiving Dinner!

And I'm not going to lie, Sara Essen Gordon's death? Heavy ****, man!

My runner up would probably be the Grant Morrison era... But more because I got Paul Dini writing on 'TEC, and then Streets of Gotham, and Chris Yost and Fabian Nicieza on Robin/Red Robin than on Morrison's stories themselves; it was the perfect counter to my occasional distaste for the voice and personality Morrison gives Batman, while still allowing his highly engaging status quo changes to take root. Like, I like Damian Wayne, but more because of his appearances in other comics, and stuff Morrison had nothing to do with highlights it for me.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

I don't have one...

I can give you some story names but not a whole run... The good stuff is mostly the minis. The Year One, Long Halloween, The Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke, The Year 100, The Black Mirror and The Court of Owls... I haven't read everything Batman though...

BANNED

A run that satisfy me would make you little butterfiles cry in fatus position while huging to your pillows every night before sleep... So i will never have it. lol

Morrison's run and also Englehart's run

Astonishing Member

Grant Morrison's Batman run. Awesome.

BANNED

Morrison seems to be dominating here