Default Do I start with Age or Rise of Apocalypse?

I'm a bit confused. Should I start with the Age of Apocalypse stpryline or Rise of Apocalypse storyline? Are the new TPB's from 2016 good?

I basically want to read almost every Apocalypse storyline, just not sure where to start and to end..

They are actually not that related. You can read them in whatever order you want.
    Rise is an origin story. You can read it as a stand-alone.
    Age of Apocalypse was a complex crossover spamming multiple books, creating a parallel universe that's been often revisited.

You can also read the old X-factor series for first major appearances of Apocalypse and his horsemen, Apocalypse : The Twelve for some odd crossover that didn't pay off really good, Blood of Apocalypse (meh), and the whole Remender's run for Marvel (Uncanny X-force, Uncanny Avengers).

The last "event" this year were three very separated books. Extraordinary was a kinda classic Apocalypse story. Uncanny was a following up of some kind of Remender's ideas. All New was, I think, a retcon of Rise of Apocalypse.

Thanks =)

I found some excellent Apocalypse reading order info here: http://goo.gl/w3KUPu

Was just wanting to hear which Apocalypse event you guys would read first if you had never read a comic book with Apocalypse.

As was stated Age of Apocalypse is alternate world stuff. On the one hand, knowing things makes it interesting because you can see how it is different. On the flipside, not knowing and you might still enjoy it. I personally might hold off on the Age of Apocalypse.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by easywolf32 View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Should I start with the Age of Apocalypse stpryline or Rise of Apocalypse storyline? Are the new TPB's from 2016 good?

I basically want to read almost every Apocalypse storyline, just not sure where to start and to end..
    Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of Rise of Apocalypse. Age of Apocalypse, on the other hand, is amazing.

If you want to read up on some of Apocalypse's background before you dive into AoA, I'd recommend his early appearances in X-Factor (issues 5, 6, 24, 25, 65-68).

x cutioners song is a great apoc story.
    “I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.”