Amazing Member

Default Preview of Scott Snyder & Jeff Lemire's A.D. After Death

Looks cool, but is the colouring finished? Is that how it will look in the finished book?
    Also is it only released as one physical book each month?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...rlnUqs.twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffera View Post
    but is the colouring finished? Is that how it will look in the finished book?
    I'm assuming you're not very familiar with Lemire's art. Yes, that is how it will look, most likely.

Not a big fan of Snyder's writing or Lemire's art so I'm gonna pass on this one.

Amazing Member

I just heard Snyder talk about the project on BatForce Radio podcast.

Three issues a month apart. Each issue is 70 pages and they mix story and poetry. Sounds very interesting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Not a big fan of Snyder's writing or Lemire's art so I'm gonna pass on this one.
    I really like Lemire's writing, but I'm just not a fan of his art anymore. I used to like it, but this looks too much like Trillium for me. Think I will pass on it unless and until it gets a nice big hardcover and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I really like Lemire's writing, but I'm just not a fan of his art anymore. I used to like it, but this looks too much like Trillium for me. Think I will pass on it unless and until it gets a nice big hardcover and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive.
    Yeah it's very reminiscent of Trillium. Which definitely looked nice enough (although I found the story resolution quite a letdown). Had kinda been hoping it would be more stylised like the cover is. Or at least set the character apart a little, he truly looks like the same dude from Trillium.

Amazing Member

I gambled and preordered the first book via comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Yeah it's definitely him as an artist I'm not into.

Plus I didn't like the one thing (Wytches) I've read that Syder has written.

It being a mix of story and poetry doesn't help it's case either.

Amazing Member

I just finished the first issue and absolutely loved it. The short-stories was the best thing about this issue.

I enjoyed it too, it felt a little slow though. I'm definitely excited for #2 though!

Enjoyed it, like the character building being done in the first issue. Big fan of Lemire's art as always love his style.

Mighty Member

Any hockey playing hard men in it?

Snyder is a bit hit and miss for me, but I always like Lemire's art. Will check this out